Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

How to correct IATA incorrect information.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to correct IATA incorrect information.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HowieLI
Yes, I tried to contact IATA at Quebec via telephone, but since I am just a passenger. The IATA support personnel are not allowed to talk with me. Then I obtained a list of IATA executive names, and email to all of them. One of them kindly replied and I quote “We will review immediately and confirm back to you.” Hours later the correct information was in place. Looking back, I think the nice gentleman from IATA that replied my email most likely push the issue forward. However, quite certain that I am not the only one to raise the issue. Bottom line, like the old saying “squeaky wheel gets the grease”, I have learned to squeak nicely. Works both from the top down and from the bottom up… Why it took 52 days for the information to be corrected at TIMATIC? I thinks there are many words but “Grateful” is the most appropriate. I consider myself lucky on not needing to rebook on a last-minute direct flight. I wish IATA have a mechanism for passengers to raise our concerns.
Originally Posted by swag
Like I imagine most here, I started to read this thread and thought that even if you were right, getting this fixed would be an impossible task. And you got it resolved in less than a day? Wow and congratulations. Best Flyertalk debut I've seen in years.
Yes, very impressive result! Well done!

And I agree there should be an official channel for passengers to report incorrect TIMATIC information, especially as it's so common.
worldiswide likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
From the US embassy in Russia website:

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow has received reports that U.S. citizens transiting through certain third countries to the Russian Federation have been denied entry. It appears that U.S. citizens are permitted to enter the Russian Federation only from countries with which the Russian Federation has officially resumed flight connections. To review the list of countries, please see the following website.

And according to the Russian website, Americans are not permitted entry:
https://tourism.gov.ru/en/contents/t...il-may-01-2020

So it looks as though the IATA Timatic data base is correct.
At the link you provided, US citizens are allowed. USA is number 47 on the list of countries allowed entry.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
TIMATIC is wrong for Canada entries from today. Pathetic

It's been open since Sep 7 and the rules are all showing Sep 21.

Who the hell is in charge of this?
Speedbird84 and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:55 pm

I would like to thank this thread which gave me the idea of how to fix clearly incorrect IATA rule. I was able to go online to find the current IATA management team, specially the team responsible for the country/region I was concerned about - did some googling around to figure out the manager's @IATA.org email addresses.

Emailed about 10 different managers/execs this morning, and by next morning at least two had replied thanking for pointing out the incorrect info and that their team will investigate and update. Within 1 hour of that reply, IATA was correctly updated. So total turnaround time was about 24 hours if you do a nice and respectful email to the management.

In your email to the executives please make sure to be respectful, concise and clear about what the issue is, and provide a link to official government websites to support your case. I found that this helped in updating a rule that I knew was wrong in IATA.
l etoile, Xyzzy, ExpatExp and 1 others like this.

Last edited by nomiiiii; Jun 24, 2022 at 1:07 am
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Who the hell is in charge of this?
TIMATIC is basically crowd sourced info from member airlines. It is the responsibility of the senior member airline based in or operating to any particular country to update the TIM team of any changes. Sometimes airports and embassies in Canada also do this. But in the end, it is only as reliable as the data submitted. It is a very rare instance that the TIM team will go out looking for data themselves to update things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.