Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I removed each new card after each dine posted on my RN page. I don't like to keep all my credit cards linked to accounts online for security reasons. I normally only keep one card linked to each of my RN accounts unless I am on the road or there are several different bonus offers.
On the "Add New Cards and Earn Up to 2,000 Bonus Points" promo (the one that posted as "Birthday Bonus") I ended up getting only 1,500 instead of 2,000 in bonus points, even though I added 4 cards (in some cases auto-deleting them from another RN account) and then dined once on each card. I contacted RN about this and got the following response:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, our records show that you did not meet the qualifications for the additional 500 bonus miles. Our records shows that you deleted the newly added card (cc# xxxx) before the bonus could be awarded to your dining account. To earn the bonus the newly added card must be on file at the time the bonus is posted. Unfortunately, since the newly card was not on file at the time the bonus was issued, you are not eligible for the additional 500 bonus miles.

We truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions as I would be happy to assist you!

Sincerely,

Sxxxx Nxxxx

Member Services
I don't remember this being a requirement of the promo. I checked the T&Cs listed in the invitation email and saw nothing requiring this.

Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I removed each new card after each dine posted on my RN page. I don't like to keep all my credit cards linked to accounts online for security reasons.
What security issue would this be, given that RN doesn't even store expiry dates any more? I'm sure I'm not the only person who keeps all my RN accounts open by leaving old accounts on them, so, if someone stole the RN list of cards, they'd not only lack the required expiry dates and CCVs, but a good proportion would not even be valid numbers.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I don't remember this being a requirement of the promo. I checked the T&Cs listed in the invitation email and saw nothing requiring this.

But I saw nothing allowing it either.

And to me, it seemed common sense to assume that you might have to leave the card added until the bonus posted (because they might check for that), rather than assuming (as you appear to have to done) that it was impossible that they might require that it be left it for some amount of time.

I've participated in far too many promos with far too many companies where common sense things that went unstated in the poorly written T&Cs ended up required. It's nice to want T&Cs to be better written, but IMHO it's better to anticipate that they might not be well written and anticipate what might be the unstated requirements.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
On the "Add New Cards and Earn Up to 2,000 Bonus Points" promo (the one that posted as "Birthday Bonus") I ended up getting only 1,500 instead of 2,000 in bonus points, even though I added 4 cards (in some cases auto-deleting them from another RN account) and then dined once on each card. I contacted RN about this and got the following response:

I guess I got lucky. When I called about my missing miles I was told that any missing miles would be deposited into my account in about a week. Days later I checked my account and the miles were there.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
What security issue would this be, given that RN doesn't even store expiry dates any more? I'm sure I'm not the only person who keeps all my RN accounts open by leaving old accounts on them, so, if someone stole the RN list of cards, they'd not only lack the required expiry dates and CCVs, but a good proportion would not even be valid numbers.
I understand your points, and I also link old CCs or gift cards to my accounts. But I have never trusted online sites with my info. I tend to use only two of my credit cards for online purchases or dining so that if any info is stolen I can limit the damage to only 2 credit cards instead of all of them. Life would very difficult if I had to wait 10 days for replacements for all my CCs.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But I saw nothing allowing it either.

And to me, it seemed common sense to assume that you might have to leave the card added until the bonus posted (because they might check for that), rather than assuming (as you appear to have to done) that it was impossible that they might require that it be left it for some amount of time.

I've participated in far too many promos with far too many companies where common sense things that went unstated in the poorly written T&Cs ended up required. It's nice to want T&Cs to be better written, but IMHO it's better to anticipate that they might not be well written and anticipate what might be the unstated requirements.
First of all, you yourself are making very condescending ASSUMPTIONS about me. I didn't ASSUME anything at all. I thought what I did MIGHT work, especially since there was nothing contrary in the T&Cs, and more so since other(s) on this thread (Open Jaw, at least) removed their credit cards as soon as the points posted.

Also, I thought this info might be of interest to others. It should NOT occasion an attack. (P.S.: Are you this way IRL?)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and more so since other(s) on this thread (Open Jaw, at least) removed their credit cards as soon as the points posted.
Well, if you go back and re-read that, Open Jaw was initially talking about other promos (the AA and UA promos for $40 dines and/or earlier cycles of promos), which didn't require adding cards (as part of the promo). Then, in post 1060, I said that while that sounded like it would probably work in most promos, I would be concerned with doing the same in a promo like the then-current AS promo, which specifically required adding a card.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

That was my take on the matter as well.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:54 am

1,000 American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles for trying something new.
Just register, then spend $40 each at three AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants you've not visited before by October 31, 2014, complete your post-dine surveys, and earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles.

http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.h..._-maincta_A618
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by DCAGUY
Just register, then spend $40 each at three AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants you've not visited before by October 31, 2014, complete your post-dine surveys, and earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles.

Targeted. "This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing AAdvantage Dining members. "
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN

No bonus for me.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Got the offer today too. Doubt I'll take advantage of it, I don't have many locations in my area nor do I want to go out of my way to spend $120 for a 1,000 mile return
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Got the offer today too. Doubt I'll take advantage of it, I don't have many locations in my area nor do I want to go out of my way to spend $120 for a 1,000 mile return
If you're a VIP member, that's $120 for a 1600 mile return. (5mi/$ normal earn on $120 = 600, so you have to add that.)

Still, I agree. It doesn't make sense to do extra spend to acheive such bonuses; it would only work if you could buy $40 gift cards at places you wouldn't mind dining at later (at no greater cost than if you dined somewhere else instead). But not all places have gift cards (or multi-use gift certificates), so if you don't have many locations in your area to start with, even that might be tough.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 24, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If you're a VIP member, that's $120 for a 1600 mile return. (5mi/$ normal earn on $120 = 600, so you have to add that.)

Still, I agree. It doesn't make sense to do extra spend to acheive such bonuses; it would only work if you could buy $40 gift cards at places you wouldn't mind dining at later (at no greater cost than if you dined somewhere else instead). But not all places have gift cards (or multi-use gift certificates), so if you don't have many locations in your area to start with, even that might be tough.
Sadly, I'm not VIP anymore. The Gift Card idea isn't terrible but again, there's not many places around Durham worth spending the money at, especially not $120!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
This afternoon I received this targeted AA offer:

Make your dine worth even more with the 500 Reasons to Dine Bonus! Dine at any AAdvantage DiningSM location this month and you can earn 500 American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles.

No mention of a registration, and at least there is no $40 minimum spend.
No big deal, but I'll take the 500 miles.
It will be interesting to see if the other RN airlines offer something similar (hopefully better).
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Birthday bonuses (targeted)

So far, I've received two emails for the month of October --

AS: 250 additional miles for one dine (NOT unlimited)

AA: Double miles on all transactions (unlimited)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.