Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I just got notice of the "Use 4 New Cards ..." promo for my IHG Hotels account, in addition to AS.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just got an email from (Southwest) Rapid Rewards Dining called "Double your points!":
July means double points!

When you dine at a Rapid Rewards Dining location Monday through Wednesday between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014, you'll earn double points! That's 6 points for every dollar you spend. Register now to earn your bonus!
The fine print:
This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing Rapid Rewards Dining members. To qualify, you must remain opted in to receive emails from Rapid Rewards Dining. You must also continue to satisfy other Online Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn double miles through this bonus, you must dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club on any Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014. You may earn this bonus multiple times between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014. Please note that all qualified dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in your Rapid Rewards Dining profile. Offer is not combinable with other Rapid Rewards Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any points to post to your Rapid Rewards Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by September 30, 2014.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions and the latest rewards calendar, visit http://rapidrewardsdining.com. Other limitations may apply.
How nice of them to tell me on July 3 about a bonus that started July 1.

I just got that this same promo from US.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zachary
I received the 4 dines for 2,500 for AA.

When I go to click on the register tab, it tells me that I am not eligible for the promo. Anyone else having this issue?
Same issue here, no wonder I gave up on iDine
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Same issue here, no wonder I gave up on iDine
As I reported above, the AA Bonus tab doesn't show the promo for me, even though I got the email. Does it for you? The UA Bonus tab does show it, and I was able register fine at the bonus tab. (I haven't tried registering for any of them straight from the email, I figure if it's working right, it'll be on the bonus tab, if it's not on the bonus tab, it's not working right.(

That is for the ones you have to register for. (The 4 cards promo you don't have to register for, the $40 dine promos you do.)
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As I reported above, the AA Bonus tab doesn't show the promo for me, even though I got the email. Does it for you? The UA Bonus tab does show it, and I was able register fine at the bonus tab. (I haven't tried registering for any of them straight from the email, I figure if it's working right, it'll be on the bonus tab, if it's not on the bonus tab, it's not working right.(

That is for the ones you have to register for. (The 4 cards promo you don't have to register for, the $40 dine promos you do.)
The US promo I mentioned above does not show up in the bonus section of US RN website. I just clicked the email register button and I was registered. I never received a confirmation email so I called RN and they confirmed I will get the miles for any dines. The person I talked to also made a few notes in the computer just in case there is any problems in the future. I'm also conserving the bonus offer email until all miles post.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I've so far received the ones below. Nothing for UA, which I use most, nor AS.

AA: spend $40 on 10 occasions by Aug 15 for 10k bonus
Hilton: spend $40 on 10 occasions by Aug 15 for 10k bonus
Southwest: double points Mon-Wed during July
US Airways: double points Mon-Wed during July
IHG: add a new card and dine with it by Aug 15 for 500 pt bonus (max 4 new cards)
DL: spend $40 at 3 restaurants which are marked "new" by Aug 15 and review them for 1k bonus

Last edited by Kremmen; Jul 5, 2014 at 10:02 am Reason: added DL
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
I received the "Add 4 New Cards and Earn Up to 2,000 Bonus Miles" offer for AS 6 days ago. Nothing from Hilton (I am only registered for those two programs.)
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:38 pm

I just got the 10k United offer

does anybody else think buying gift cards would work for this?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riversidetom
does anybody else think buying gift cards would work for this?
Already discussed above. Please go back a page or so.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:07 pm

Just received an offer from DL for 500 bonus miles for one dine before July 31, 2014. No spending requirement.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:55 pm

Well, the latest United bonus ended up being a flop for me. On First Friday I took out my Sapphire Preferred and figured I would do the following:

Restaurant A: $40 GC x 2
Restaurant B: $40 GC x 2
Restaurant C: $40+ Dinner

In theory this should have been 3x points for "First Friday", 5x points through iDine (VIP), and the 2500 bonus points I registered for.

Instead, 2 of the 4 gift cards didn't track (1 each from A and B above), Restaurant B's transactions mysteriously processed on the 5th rather than the 4th negating "First Friday" bonus (no idea how that happened since I bought those in the middle of the day on the 4th - not even close to midnight), and my "VIP" status disappeared because I had previously accidentally unsubscribed from their e-mails - meaning I got 3x instead of 5 (I already resubscribed, if you aren't subscribed at all you only get 1/2 point / $).

Now I need to decide if it is worth my time to try to fight for those points, and if not if it worth the money pursuing the "sunk cost" and buying two more gift cards. Frustrating . . .
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Instead, 2 of the 4 gift cards didn't track (1 each from A and B above)
No surprise there. It's been reported many times that multiple transactions for the same amount at the same place on the same day may not be credited. Always just simpler to make sure the amounts are different.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Well, think about it. For those who have the 10 $40 dines for 10,000 miles, and are VIP dining members (so you'd earn 5 miles per dollar for a total of 2000 miles for the $400), you are pretty much purchasing 12,000 redeemable miles at 3.3 cpm and getting $400 worth of food included.
I'm unclear since the few DN restaurants I visited were not sit down.

Is the $40 just subtotal, or does it include tax and tip?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
I'm unclear since the few DN restaurants I visited were not sit down.

Is the $40 just subtotal, or does it include tax and tip?
It's based on the whole bill.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I just got an email saying that AA's version of the 10K miles offer is being extended from 8/15 to 8/30. Hopefully the other airline's versions will do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.