Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Half an hour later and RN made the same announcement for it's UA offer.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Notenut
I just got an email saying that AA's version of the 10K miles offer is being extended from 8/15 to 8/30. Hopefully the other airline's versions will do the same.
Originally Posted by Notenut
Half an hour later and RN made the same announcement for it's UA offer.
Same here (with same timing!) for my 2.5k offers from both AA and UA. (Posting this just to clarify that it's not only for the 10k versions.)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I also received an extension for my 2500 mile bonus with AA.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:50 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Since I've already maxed my 2500 AA offer maybe this is a sign to start in on my (also extended) 10 dine Alaska promo?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:29 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Data Points

In the past I believe that bonuses weren't paid until after the close of the promo period, in this instance AA miles already awarded;

I did not rate any of the bonus dines (not required, but still I wondered):

07/22/2014 GREAT FIVE F... N/A $0.00 2,500 Miles 07/29/2014
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Rapid Rewards Dining

Hello,
I participated in the double dining rapid rewards dining program for July. All of my points, including bonus review points posted quite soon to my account. Currently, I am in the process of building up my points for a future trip.

-Sandra
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by riversidetom
I just got the 10k United offer

does anybody else think buying gift cards would work for this?
was hoping for this offer to hit my mailbox, but no luck, just 2500

is it advisable not to use the same credit card once I reach the goal with AA to use on the UA promo... I have other cards, I just prefer to earn the rewards on a specific card more than the others
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
is it advisable not to use the same credit card once I reach the goal with AA to use on the UA promo... I have other cards, I just prefer to earn the rewards on a specific card more than the others
Well, the only question is the timing. Absolutely you should wait until every dine has posted to one before you move the card to the other. Should you also wait until the bonus itself has posted? I dunno. Certainly after the bonus has posted, there would zero problem with moving the card to another program. OTOH, certainly moving the card to another program before all your dines have posted (to the RN site) could easily become a problem (because if you had to report a missing dine, reporting that you had used a card that was no longer registered in that program might cause them to reject your missing dine claim).
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, the only question is the timing. Absolutely you should wait until every dine has posted to one before you move the card to the other. Should you also wait until the bonus itself has posted? I dunno. Certainly after the bonus has posted, there would zero problem with moving the card to another program. OTOH, certainly moving the card to another program before all your dines have posted (to the RN site) could easily become a problem (because if you had to report a missing dine, reporting that you had used a card that was no longer registered in that program might cause them to reject your missing dine claim).
I always wait until the dines post to my dining account before removing a credit card. I have had no problem with receiving bonuses after doing so. I doubt there would ever be any problem because credit cards can expire, get damaged, or be stolen before any bonus posts.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I always wait until the dines post to my dining account before removing a credit card. I have had no problem with receiving bonuses after doing so. I doubt there would ever be any problem because credit cards can expire, get damaged, or be stolen before any bonus posts.
The exception, of course, might be the current AS promo that some have, where the whole point of the promo is to register cards that have never been registered with AS Dining before. Although you have to do a dine (no specific amount) with each said card, it's unclear whether you have to leave the card registered in the program after that, so with that bonus, the prudent thing to do would seem to be to leave the card in the AS program until the bonus itself posts.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:31 pm

The exception, of course, might be the current AS promo that some have, where the whole point of the promo is to register cards that have never been registered with AS Dining before. Although you have to do a dine (no specific amount) with each said card, it's unclear whether you have to leave the card registered in the program after that, so with that bonus, the prudent thing to do would seem to be to leave the card in the AS program until the bonus itself posts.

I doubt it will affect the bonus. But If that is true, I will be screwed because I already have removed some of my credit cards used for the AS bonus.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:25 am

Did AA dining bonus offer miles already posted for anyone else?

Originally Posted by Jailer
In the past I believe that bonuses weren't paid until after the close of the promo period, in this instance AA miles already awarded;

I did not rate any of the bonus dines (not required, but still I wondered):

07/22/2014 GREAT FIVE F... N/A $0.00 2,500 Miles 07/29/2014
Wondering if anyone else had their bonus miles for this round of offers post.

Finished 10 dines for 10,000 AA miles offer on 7/25.
Regular miles for this meal were paid on 8/5 but not bonus miles.
Bonus miles still have not posted.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DELETED - sorry for erroneous post

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 10, 2014 at 10:01 am Reason: misread post I was replying to
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:06 pm

Why wonder? Why not read back at least this page of posts? 7 posts above yours is:
Sdsearch: please reread my original post and reread the post you quoted.
I quoted the exact same post you quoted , so clearly I had gone back to read earlier posts. That post is the only reason I became concerned: it indicates that jailer got the miles for the 2500 mile offer on 7/29, ie. before the promotion ended this time around, different from prior similar offers in which miles didn't post until after the promotion had ended ( this round of promotions ends on August 31).

I am still interested to know if others who fulfilled the terms of their offer have received their bonus miles already or if they are also waiting.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Improved Delta new member bonus

Back to the original and stated purpose of this thread:

The new member bonus for Delta Airiines has increased to 2,500 miles. Hopefully other airlines will notice this. Let the competition begin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.