Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher eats in Heathrow and London & Jewish tourist suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher eats in Heathrow and London & Jewish tourist suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Liba
We are flying TLV to LHR to BOS, all on BA. I know everyone will get fed on the plane, but I want the kids fed before boarding because hungry kids are grumpy kids and no one wants to fly with grumpy kids.

We may well get the same food on the plane, but that doesn't bother me. If I do the ordering we can get food that I know they will eat. Airplane food is the luck of the draw IME.
Out of TLV I dont care for the food myself usually turkey balls with rice, which may last in my stomach for 1/2 an hr if I eat it

but out of LHR its Hermolis and I never got a meal I didnt like, now will kids like it I have no idea, but I never finished a Hermolis meal where I was still hungry, which cant be said for most Airline portions
Old May 8, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
Ah right, ok...just wanted to check. Yes, for short-haul flights (under 2.5 hours), no 'main' meal is served, just snacks. As well, LCC's such as Easyjet will charge for meals, snacks, etc...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:18 am

Update on London resto, has anyone tried the new kosher deli W1?

http://thedelilondon.com/

Can someone please tell me why we need ANOTHER deli a stone's throw away from Reubens? Don't folks cae about sodium and cholesterol in their diet these days? Why can't anyone think of opening a proper milky kosher resto in West End? (Am I the only one who fancy milky tea in the afternoon?)
These days I mostly go to Isolla Bella at Westfield (short hop on Central Line).

http://www.isolabella.co.uk/

And has anyone tried ex-Novellino Brasserie 103 (another loss for milky option)?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by W9London
These days I mostly go to Isolla Bella at Westfield (short hop on Central Line).

http://www.isolabella.co.uk/
I have always found them very disappointing.
And has anyone tried ex-Novellino Brasserie 103 (another loss for milky option)?
Yes. Some very nice stuff, and the fish I had was excellent - maybe not milky, but not necessarily meaty. They have the original Novellino chef, who is quite creative.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
I tend to like Isola Bella, though I don't go that often.

Brasserie 103 is on my list of places to go. Papalina in Edgware, though a little way out of Central London, tends to be very good as well - they have an 'all-you-can-eat' menu option too!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by W9London
Update on London resto, has anyone tried the new kosher deli W1?

http://thedelilondon.com/

Can someone please tell me why we need ANOTHER deli a stone's throw away from Reubens? Don't folks cae about sodium and cholesterol in their diet these days? Why can't anyone think of opening a proper milky kosher resto in West End? (Am I the only one who fancy milky tea in the afternoon?)
well this new place seems to be under the LBD, I know a number of people who wont eat @ Reubens due to the hecksher. But it does seem that this place also isnt Glatt, and that Reubens offers alot more on its menu.

sort of surprised Reubens didnt take them to a BD , now if Deli west is Glatt then I could see why 2 places could exist
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:57 am

Has anyone been to the new/relocated Bevis Marks which is no longer at Bevis Marks? I'm venturing out for lunch in a few weeks time. Is the food/ambiance comparable to the previous site?

Originally Posted by sn1ke
Papalina in Edgware, though a little way out of Central London, tends to be very good as well - they have an 'all-you-can-eat' menu option too!
It's a nice, family-friendly restaurant. BUT I'm not a fan of their "all you can eat" (AYCE) offer. Firstly, all parties need to order AYCE (very inconvenient if your party has a vegetarian or a child). Secondly, they bring you pre-arranged first course and main course before you can order additional stuff. So, obviously they try to stuff you with pita/hummous/cheaper sausages and chicken wings so you won't gorge on lamb or beef. I thought food was closer to schwarma rather than the real churrasco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.