Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Master thread: List of lounges with kosher food.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mikebg
  • TLV
    All lounges
  • LHR
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    BA -
    Terminal 3: Full KSMLs available in the First lounge. Bagels and soup in Business lounge. [It would seem that there are no KSMLs available currently in the T3 lounges]
    Terminal 5A: KSMLs available in all lounges. Soup (vegetable/chicken) and bagels in the Club lounges and full meals (Breakfast - omelette / baked beans / mushrooms / grilled tomato / sauted potatoes. Rest of day - meat balls / chicken / salmon / (often also a vegetarian option)) in Galleries First and Concorde Room. Soup available on request in the Concorde Room (they may say there is no soup but if asked they will bring it from the Club lounge).
    Terminal 5B: Soup, but generally no bagels.
    Terminal 5C: No BA lounge! You can get up to 15 of stuff from Starbucks if you show then a Club or First boarding pass. They might have Walkers Crisps (check for LBD Hechsher) - plus soft drinks and tea/coffee.
    CX - Frozen Kosher meals
    VS - Frozen kosher meals
  • JFK
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    Virgin - Clubhouse (T4)
    BA - I believe you need a reservation with a kosher meal ordered
  • EWR
    ELAL - Art Lounge (TB)
  • MAN
    BA - T3 - Kettle chips under KLBD
  • FRA/MUC
    LH - KSML available with pre-request
  • ZRH
    LX - Only fruit, chocolate and (in the summer) yummy icecream
  • WAW
    kosher sandwiches and snacks.Available on their own shelf in the food chiller cabinet
  • HKG
    CX - Available on request.
  • SYD
    QF - Available on request
  • SIN
    SQ - Private room, available on request
  • LAX
    international lounge has kosher foods around the time of Elal flights This lounge no longer exists.
  • HKG
    LY
  • JNB
    Bidvest Lounge - Kosher cheeses, and kosher crisps.

Any input of more lounges appreciated.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022 | 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by tedcruz
They sometimes do. Your best bet would be to call the lounge and order in.
British Airways say that there is no need to order as they always have them available. I wasn't sure until I gave them a real test today, asking for a kosher breakfast.....during Passover. They brought out a Hermolis kosher for Passover breakfast (tomato omelette, latkes and ratatouille). I was impressed but maybe that is in part due to some poor service experiences recently. Anyway, well done BA!
Old Jun 22, 2022 | 6:38 am

Club Aspire lounge T5

HiDoes anyone know if there's kosher food available in the club aspire lounge in Heathrow terminal 5?
and if it needs to be ordered in advance ?

With thanks
Old Jun 26, 2022 | 7:32 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by paulshen
HiDoes anyone know if there's kosher food available in the club aspire lounge in Heathrow terminal 5?
and if it needs to be ordered in advance ?

With thanks
AFAIK only the BA lounges have kosher food, which doesn't need to be ordered in advance, just speak to lounge staff.

There used to be Kosher sandwiches for sale in WHSmith, but not sure if they still sell them.

And By the way, congrats on you first post after 12 years
Old Jun 26, 2022 | 9:15 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
AFAIK only the BA lounges have kosher food, which doesn't need to be ordered in advance, just speak to lounge staff.

There used to be Kosher sandwiches for sale in WHSmith, but not sure if they still sell them.

ThanksI'm surprised I remembered my password.
I suspect you're right.

I tried contacting them to check but phone lines are down and emails going unanswered
Old Oct 11, 2022 | 9:52 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Emirates First Class Lounge (DXB)

I thought I would contribute to this thread. I shot a note to Emirates using the "Planning Travel-Special Assistance and Health" pull-down option on the "Contact Us" section of their website asking about a Kosher Meal in their First Class Lounge during a 5.5 hour layover in DXB; they responded within 24 hours (below). The trip is on 19-October; I will provide an update after the trip accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ari,

Thanks for writing to us.

Yes, Kosher Meal is available in First Class Lounge upon request.

I've requested our lounge team to make arrangements.

In case of a change or cancellation of any flights, please let us know. We would've to send in another request in such a case.

I'm here if you have other questions. For an urgent help though, please call the Reservations. If you're on Social Media, our team on Facebook and Twitter can also help.

Regards,

[EK logo]

[Agent]

Emirates Dubai

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023 | 6:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Kosher LAS Centurion?

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Unless they just didn't know, there was no kosher food at all last time I visited, earlier this year.
Old Jun 21, 2023 | 6:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy

The Virgin departures lounge at LHR has kosher food, as does the one at JFK.
Old Jun 21, 2023 | 6:48 am

Does anyone know if the Centurion Lounge at Heathrow LHR has kosher food? How about the Aspire lounge (which didn't last time I asked, during COVID). With Virgin's change in access policy, this will be important for those not traveling in First or Premium.
Old Jun 21, 2023 | 10:25 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by BMGRAHAM
Unless they just didn't know, there was no kosher food at all last time I visited, earlier this year.
You're quoting a post from nearly a decade ago...
Old Jun 21, 2023 | 8:22 pm

You're quoting a post from nearly a decade ago...
I know, the date of the post gives it away. Your point being?
Old Aug 28, 2023 | 5:17 pm

Just over two weeks ago, the Delta Sky Club in BOS (Terminal A) had Spring Valley meals, only in the larger of the two in the satellite terminal. Only offered one option (chicken), wasnt particularly good, but still edible (unlike the meatballs I had from them four years ago at the JFK VS Clubhouse).

Yesterday at the new SC in JFK at the A gates, they had chicken, turkey, and Salisbury steak, all Spring Valley as well. Didnt end up trying any of them, instead I went to the VS Clubhouse, which actually has a kosher menu listed on their site, and includes a kosher section on their online ordering system, which consists of QR codes at every table and seat in the lounge, which you scan to bring up the menu and order whatever you want to be brought directly to wherever you are. Really cool, and was nice to have the kosher food just be a regular thing, integrated into the same system and same flow as everyone else and not something you need to find someone and ask specially for. The special kosher dessert was a chocolate mousse tart (and not the chocolate lava cake listed on the menu online), but the ice cream on the regular dessert menu is individual-sized cups of Haagen-Dazs with enclosed plastic spoon, and I had the salmon, so went with that. The salmon wasnt amazing, but certainly solid, and definitely an improvement over Spring Valley.

Old Sep 11, 2023 | 9:55 am
5 Years on Site

For info, SKA has approved Tyrrells Lightly Salted crisps as kosher. I'm posting this here as significant, since a few years ago BA moved from Kettle Chips to Tyrrells in their London lounges.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...92290935933035
And the SKA approval list (on page 2)
https://www.sephardi.org.uk/wp-conte...ist-5783-2.pdf
and a note on the approval's process: https://www.sephardi.org.uk/what-is-...-ska-approved/

Personally I feel Tyrrells are MUCH nicer than kettle chips (less salty, less oily, more crunchy).
I appreciate this won't be for everyone, but hopefully for some this will open new noshing options at Heathrow.
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 6:52 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Which LHR T3 lounges have KSMLs?
Old Dec 24, 2023 | 11:03 am
5 Years on Site

Which LHR T3 lounges have KSMLs?
BA in T3 is like BA in T5 - kosher sandwiches + reheated soup in the J lounge and frozen Hermolis meals reheated in F lounge. IIRC, Cathay F has also. AA I don't think.

Last edited by momoflyingguy; Dec 24, 2023 at 11:09 am
Old Dec 30, 2023 | 8:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
SAS Lounge EWR Terminal B

Sele

Sandwiches, salads, wraps, brownies. Flying EK but no one stopped me from taking from the El Al fridge.
momoflyingguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.