FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religious Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers-604/)
-   -   Master thread: List of lounges with kosher food. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers/1525897-master-thread-list-lounges-kosher-food.html)

ELAL Nov 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Master thread: List of lounges with kosher food.

DELETED - See WIKI post

FF Dec 4, 2013 3:22 pm

KSMLs in BA lounges at LHR

All kosher meals are from Hermolis ^^

Terminal 1: Soup and filled bagels available in the international lounge (the one they use for TLV flights).
Terminal 3: KSMLs only available in the First lounge - not the Club lounge area.
Terminal 5A: KSMLs available in all lounges. Soup and bagels in the Club lounges and full meals in Galleries First and Concorde Room.
Terminal 5B: No KSMLs in the BA lounge.
Terminal 5C: No BA lounge! You can get up to £15 of stuff from Starbucks if you show then a Club or First boarding pass. They might have Walkers Crisps (check for LBD Hechsher) - plus soft drinks and tea/coffee.

2035 Dec 5, 2013 6:36 am

Originally Posted by FF (Post 21904161)
All kosher meals are from Hermolis ^^

Terminal 1: Soup and filled bagels available in the international lounge (the one they use for TLV flights).
Terminal 3: KSMLs only available in the First lounge - not the Club lounge area.
Terminal 5A: KSMLs available in all lounges. Soup and bagels in the Club lounges and full meals in Galleries First and Concorde Room.
Terminal 5B: No KSMLs in the BA lounge.
Terminal 5C: No BA lounge! You can get up to £15 of stuff from Starbucks if you show then a Club or First boarding pass. They might have Walkers Crisps (check for LBD Hechsher) - plus soft drinks and tea/coffee.

In my experience T1 has full meals available also on request - last week had omelette/potatoes/mushrooms etc for breakfast, and for dinner choice of meatballs and spaghetti, chinese chicken and rice or salmon and mashed potato. All very good (apart from omelette which I find inedible).

Also KSML available on request in CX lounge in Hong Kong, QF F lounge in Sydney and SQ Private Room in Singapore. All must be requested in advance.

DaineseMan Dec 8, 2013 6:26 am

Does anyone know if kosher food is available at the ZRH Senator lounges?

2035 Dec 8, 2013 11:02 am

Originally Posted by DaineseMan (Post 21925412)
Does anyone know if kosher food is available at the ZRH Senator lounges?

Only fruit, chocolate and (in the summer) yummy icecream.

JSM8 Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

I was most surprised to find kosher sandwiches and snacks in the lounge at Warsaw. All dairy (which was a shame). Available on their own shelf in the food chiller cabinet!

ELAL May 4, 2014 3:49 pm

DELETED

travel agent May 11, 2014 10:33 am

FRA/MUC
LH - KSML available with pre-request
how do you request it?

crazypalooza May 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Amex Centurion lounge in LAS has KSML catered by Haifa Restaurant. I haven't tried them but i'm sure others here have and can be more informative on this.

ctownflyer May 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by crazypalooza (Post 22848708)
Amex Centurion lounge in LAS has KSML catered by Haifa Restaurant. I haven't tried them but i'm sure others here have and can be more informative on this.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=26563.0

ctownflyer May 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by 2035 (Post 21907450)
Also KSML available on request in CX lounge in Hong Kong, QF F lounge in Sydney and SQ Private Room in Singapore. All must be requested in advance.

QF F in MEL was a no-go for me.
Who do you contact for QF F in SYD?

sn1ke May 12, 2014 10:39 pm

JFK Terminal 4 - Virgin Clubhouse now has kosher meals available. When I was there recently, they had 3 options - meatballs, lasagne, and a fish dish.
They usually carry a small selection in the kitchen, which just need to be heated up.

HumbleBee May 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by sn1ke (Post 22854811)
JFK Terminal 4 - Virgin Clubhouse now has kosher meals available. When I was there recently, they had 3 options - meatballs, lasagne, and a fish dish.
They usually carry a small selection in the kitchen, which just need to be heated up.

+1 and the food is excellent

sn1ke May 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 22865407)
+1 and the food is excellent

From my experience there, I wouldn't go so far as to term it excellent...more decent/good. Then again, it may have just been that day - YMMV

sn1ke May 21, 2014 8:16 pm

To clarify situation regarding Quantas F in SYD (currently sitting here, and just spoke with the F&B manager).

They can provide kosher meals (from Lewis), but these need to be ordered a minimum of 3-4 days in advance, preferably a week though.
To do this, you'll need to call through to the lounge directly (or call general CS and asked to be put through to the F lounge), and then let them know.

Hope this helps!