Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Master thread: List of lounges with kosher food.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mikebg
  • TLV
    All lounges
  • LHR
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    BA -
    Terminal 3: Full KSMLs available in the First lounge. Bagels and soup in Business lounge. [It would seem that there are no KSMLs available currently in the T3 lounges]
    Terminal 5A: KSMLs available in all lounges. Soup (vegetable/chicken) and bagels in the Club lounges and full meals (Breakfast - omelette / baked beans / mushrooms / grilled tomato / sautéed potatoes. Rest of day - meat balls / chicken / salmon / (often also a vegetarian option)) in Galleries First and Concorde Room. Soup available on request in the Concorde Room (they may say there is no soup but if asked they will bring it from the Club lounge).
    Terminal 5B: Soup, but generally no bagels.
    Terminal 5C: No BA lounge! You can get up to Ł15 of stuff from Starbucks if you show then a Club or First boarding pass. They might have Walkers Crisps (check for LBD Hechsher) - plus soft drinks and tea/coffee.
    CX - Frozen Kosher meals
    VS - Frozen kosher meals
  • JFK
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    Virgin - Clubhouse (T4)
    BA - I believe you need a reservation with a kosher meal ordered
  • EWR
    ELAL - Art Lounge (TB)
  • MAN
    BA - T3 - Kettle chips under KLBD
  • FRA/MUC
    LH - KSML available with pre-request
  • ZRH
    LX - Only fruit, chocolate and (in the summer) yummy icecream
  • WAW
    kosher sandwiches and snacks.Available on their own shelf in the food chiller cabinet
  • HKG
    CX - Available on request.
  • SYD
    QF - Available on request
  • SIN
    SQ - Private room, available on request
  • LAX
    international lounge has kosher foods around the time of Elal flights This lounge no longer exists.
  • HKG
    LY
  • JNB
    Bidvest Lounge - Kosher cheeses, and kosher crisps.

Any input of more lounges appreciated.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by 2035
No, I recently (before Peach) also had a choice of mushroom soup and a rather delicious salt beef sandwich.
I'm in the GC North lounge and received also this salt beef sandwich (basically frozen)
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Was just in MAN T3 BA lounge - saw they stock Lightly salted kettle chips with under KLBD.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Was just in MAN T3 BA lounge - saw they stock Lightly salted kettle chips with under KLBD.
LHR has this too.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:40 pm
Suspended

I did some lounge-hopping in LHR T3 today, and found that the wiki needs updating with the following info:
  1. Cathay Pacific Business lounge have full Kosher meals - I received fish (sea bass) with vegetables - hermolis - they heated these 2 containers up for me (although it did take about 50 minutes from when i ordered it till i received it.
  2. BA GC Lounge gives the same as GC lounge in T5 - bagels and soup.

I checked out the AA lounge too (and all the other lounges like menzies - accesible with P Pass) , seems like they have nothing.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
EL AL in the Plaza Premium lounge at Heathrow T4

EL AL are now flying from T4 at Heathrow and do not have their own lounge. For the time being (supposedly until early 2016) they are using the Plaza Premium lounge. Kosher snack boxes are available on request upon entering the lounge (there is a sign there as well). Reasonable tabouleh salad, some smoked turkey, a packet of some 'snack food', and a fruit salad. Not too bad, but not really good enough, in my opinion - especially if you are flying in First.

All kosher under the supersision of KLBD.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:51 am

Unhappy Virgin first class lounge of train

Hi, anyone no if Virgin Trains Euston lounge or on board First class have kosher food??
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:55 am
Suspended

Welcome to Flyertalk ys123!

A while back, when travelling East Coast Trains First Class, I unsuccesfully tried to order a kosher meal. Virgin trains I doubt will be any diferrent.

Last edited by benberg2013; Jul 16, 2015 at 9:21 am
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
BA Concorde Lounge at Heathrow T5

Many years ago, it was possible to obtain a full four course kosher meal at the BA Concorde Lounge at Heathrow T5. Unfortunately that was stopped a while ago, and it has only been possible to get a (rather basic) main course, identical to that served in the Galleries First Lounge. It had always struck me as being rather odd that it was possible to get a bagel and soup at the Galleries Club Lounge or a main course at the Galleries First Lounge or the Concorde Lounge, but it was not possible to get soup at the Concorde Lounge! When I was last there I asked if they could get me a soup from Galleries Club and they agreed. No problem at all! So I wrote to them explaining that this was rather odd, and they replied to me that they will now be holding a stock of soups in the Concorde Lounge.

So although we are not (yet) back to the good days of the full meal, at least it is possible to get a soup and a main course now.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Anybody know if LH have anything in FRA?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:20 am
Suspended

Was just in the Bidvest Lounge in JNB, accessible with QR premium pax, and with Priority pass, amongst others, they have an assortment of kosher cheeses on a tray in the regular food section, with a label "kosher cheeses". Was quite surprised! Certified by the regular BD South African Hechsher.
They also have kosher crisps.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ys123
Hi, anyone no if Virgin Trains Euston lounge or on board First class have kosher food??
Highly unlikely. Many places to stock up in cities that are serviced by that line eg London, Manchester, Birmingham.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:51 am

Contact Info for BA Lounges T5 Heathrow (to pre-order Kosher food)

Was at Galleries lounge in Heathrow Terminal 5 in December, 2015 and was told you need to order kosher food in advance but they had kosher microwave soup available on- site (which BTW was pretty good). More expansive selection would be available with a pre-order.

Have a long layover in Heathrow T5, flying BA Club World. Anyone know how to contact the lounge to order the more expansive kosher selections? It could be the Arrivals lounge or Departure lounge.

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Greatdeals
Was at Galleries lounge in Heathrow Terminal 5 in December, 2015 and was told you need to order kosher food in advance but they had kosher microwave soup available on- site (which BTW was pretty good). More expansive selection would be available with a pre-order.

Have a long layover in Heathrow T5, flying BA Club World. Anyone know how to contact the lounge to order the more expansive kosher selections? It could be the Arrivals lounge or Departure lounge.

Thanks!
I have sent you in PM the telephone numbers of BA T5 Lounge kitchen and T3. Credit goes to FF who sent me these numbers a while ago.

However, As far as I know, from all my past experience with the T5 lounges, it is not possible to order full Kosher meals for the Galleries club lounge, as they only give bagel and soup in the Galleries club lounge (A.K.A. business lounge.) The full kosher meals are only available in the First lounge and Concorde room.
If you could order the full KSML in the GC lounge too, then they could just bring you up the full KSML into the GC - there would be no need to order.

The only thing you could maybe call up about is to take the bagel out of the freezer so that it will be edible by the time you get there.
In fact, I am now in the GC lounge, and I was here on my outbound this morning, and now on my return this evening, the chef has told me that I should have told him in the morning to take me out the bagel a bit before I would arrive this evening.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I have sent you in PM the telephone numbers of BA T5 Lounge kitchen and T3. Credit goes to FF who sent me these numbers a while ago.

However, As far as I know, from all my past experience with the T5 lounges, it is not possible to order full Kosher meals for the Galleries club lounge, as they only give bagel and soup in the Galleries club lounge (A.K.A. business lounge.) The full kosher meals are only available in the First lounge and Concorde room.
If you could order the full KSML in the GC lounge too, then they could just bring you up the full KSML into the GC - there would be no need to order.

The only thing you could maybe call up about is to take the bagel out of the freezer so that it will be edible by the time you get there.
In fact, I am now in the GC lounge, and I was here on my outbound this morning, and now on my return this evening, the chef has told me that I should have told him in the morning to take me out the bagel a bit before I would arrive this evening.
Would you mind sending that info to me as well? I have a connection in T5 next week. I'm unclear if I need to call, as I'll have access to the First lounge, but I'm on a tight connection, so if I can save time and preorder, that would help. Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:12 pm

Thanks for the contact info, benberg2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.