Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not returned following cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by BigE
I called and they claimed that the hotel has a 2-week cancellation policy! I had checked online before I cancelled and there was no mention of a cancellation date when you click on

By the way, they also said that their crack IT team is hot on the problem and should solve it in only a few more weeks.
just 2 weeks to flatten the curve!

sorry...couldn't resist
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:16 am

Now free night is showing a charge

Same thing happened to me in May when I canceled two nights for Nov planning to rebook them. Of course I had to call and it took a week to get the points back.

my email confirmation for the new discounted points rate shows £0 since this was a points only booking - not a cash plus points booking

last night while looking at ny account online and my upcoming bookings, it now shows that the night costs £106 pounds. The only thing I can think of is their terrible shady system somehow thinks that since it was reduced points to the current points rate now it is trying to charge a cash+points booking. Gosh I HATE HATE radisson! Anyone else seeing this? I have send the hotel an email and waiting to hear back!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Liz F
Same thing happened to me in May when I canceled two nights for Nov planning to rebook them. Of course I had to call and it took a week to get the points back.

my email confirmation for the new discounted points rate shows £0 since this was a points only booking - not a cash plus points booking

last night while looking at ny account online and my upcoming bookings, it now shows that the night costs £106 pounds. The only thing I can think of is their terrible shady system somehow thinks that since it was reduced points to the current points rate now it is trying to charge a cash+points booking. Gosh I HATE HATE radisson! Anyone else seeing this? I have send the hotel an email and waiting to hear back!
I have several bookings I booked under the reduced points promo and none are showing this issue.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:39 am

Is yours a radisson americas booking or rest of the world booking? That’s good. Mine both show this when I log into the website and scroll to the bottom
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Is yours a radisson americas booking or rest of the world booking? That’s good. Mine both show this when I log into the website and scroll to the bottom
The 15% promo and this points not returned issue was only for Radisson Rewards, not Radisson Rewards Americas.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:54 am

Correct. Mine is a UK booking but just wanted to confirm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB

last night while looking at ny account online and my upcoming bookings, it now shows that the night costs £106 pounds.
FWIW, I had the same issue with some of my reservations. Right after booking, the confirmations showed the discounted points. A few weeks later, the reservations showed an amount in € or £. The cancelation policies disappeared, too. My guess is that Radisson Rewards compensates the hotels for that amount, and because of their wonderful IT, it appears on the website for us to see.

It's nothing to worry about. At check-in, the agents saw that it was already "paid for" with points.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tennen
FWIW, I had the same issue with some of my reservations. Right after booking, the confirmations showed the discounted points. A few weeks later, the reservations showed an amount in € or £. The cancelation policies disappeared, too. My guess is that Radisson Rewards compensates the hotels for that amount, and because of their wonderful IT, it appears on the website for us to see.

It's nothing to worry about. At check-in, the agents saw that it was already "paid for" with points.
haha I think you are absolutely right as I contacted the hotel and they confirmed that the booking had no £ fare

so nuts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.