Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not returned following cancellation

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Points not returned following cancellation

I thought I would cancel and rebook an existing reservation in order to take advantage of the advertised 15% discount today. Unfortunately, I faced what seems to be a perennial problem these days – the points weren’t returned to my account following the cancellation and it took a long and painful phone call to try and get them back.

I’ve now been told that I have to wait 48 hours before Radisson can manually recredit them. Hopefully, reward availability will still be there in 48 hours' time...

Radisson’s IT is unbelievably bad since they split the program (and it wasn’t great before!)

Are other people experiencing the same problem? I've found that this now happens every single time I cancel a reward booking (well within the free cancellation window)
Old May 25, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I am having the same exact problem.

Yesterday, I canceled a reservation to see if maybe having points in my account would show me the 15% discount when I tried to book again. The points were restored automatically. Today, cancelled three reservations and the points are still in the ether.

Ironically, im trying to spend down all my points because of how difficult Radisson has become, and they're making it impossible to even do that!!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:13 am

An odd update: points from cancellations have not been restored, but 2250 points were put in my account marked "Room Points Redemption Adjustments". This equals 15% of the reservation I made yesterday when the price should have been 12250, but was 15000. I have already canceled that reservation in an attempt to rebook now that the promo is properly loaded.
Mess.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Radisson’s IT is unbelievably bad since they split the program (and it wasn’t great before!)
Ain't that the truth! You're definitely not alone.

This whole promotion's been a complete cluster. Yesterday, when it (supposedly) started, all my searches returned the standard rates. Today, I successfully rebooked one reservation, but I'm waiting on the points to return. I'm holding out on a few others, one of which can't be booked at all - it still shows the regular points and errors out when trying to proceed from the rate list. Hopefully, they'll figure things out before the promotion ends... not holding my breath, though.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Called back to try and sort this out today. After a long wait, was told that the Loyalty Department is only open from 9-5 Monday to Friday. Brilliant.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:49 am

Called back to try and sort this out today. After a long wait, was told that the Loyalty Department is only open from 9-5 Monday to Friday. Brilliant.
Ugh. Well thanks for saving me the call today
Old May 28, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
same problem here. with 2 international reservations I cancelled. Had enough points to book two discounted - 38,250 each, but missing 90,000 points from the two cancellations. Sent two online requests. Tried to call UK, but they are closed.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:01 pm

Two days after I tried their Twitter, I have been told they have contacted "hotel management" and I should wait 3-5 business days. (For stays at multiple properties....for their IT failure.) Of course the sale will be over next week. Beyond unacceptable
Old May 30, 2022, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Finally got my points back this morning after calling in again. Have been able to use them to get the 15% discount.
Although the agent who helped me this morning was good, I left scathing feedback about Radisson's IT issues and customer-unfriendly processes after the call.

I hope other people are able to get things sorted before the promo ends. They really should extend it, what with all the various problems that people have encountered with it.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:01 am

Finally got my points back this morning after calling in again. Have been able to use them to get the 15% discount.
Although the agent who helped me this morning was good, I left scathing feedback about Radisson's IT issues and customer-unfriendly processes after the call.

I hope other people are able to get things sorted before the promo ends. They really should extend it, what with all the various problems that people have encountered with it.
I waited an hour on hold before the call dropped. Did you just call the regular number and hit 4 for customer service?
Old May 30, 2022, 8:00 am

After arguing with the Twitter team for 3 days, they restored my points.
SouthWesterner likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I waited an hour on hold before the call dropped. Did you just call the regular number and hit 4 for customer service?
Yes. Call was answered immediately and the first agent I spoke to managed to deal with the issue without transferring me to anyone else.
Adam1222 and EqualOpp like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Called the UK # via Skype (2.3 cents/min)....and call was answered near immediately. Explained issue, she knew what to do, and it was all resolved in 7-8 minutes total.

So with the points saved from the 15% sale, that gives me enough points for an extra 15-20k night hotel assuming I find another 2 nights for 45k each...which shouldn't be hard.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I called and they claimed that the hotel has a 2-week cancellation policy! I had checked online before I cancelled and there was no mention of a cancellation date when you click on "cancellation details" under manage booking. My email confirmation also did not even mention a cancellation deadline. I did a fake booking at this hotel and said you could cancel day of, by 6 PM.

I fought with her then asked for a supervisor. But, guess what, no supervisor was available. The call was eventually dropped after 40 minutes.

Not sure what to try next.

The good news is that I did learn a lot... that Radisson is a dumpster fire.

edit: I just followed the tip above from EqualOpp to call the UK # for Radisson. They knew about the technical problem and got the points back in my account with 5 minutes. They were also apologetic. Totally different experience.

By the way, they also said that their crack IT team is hot on the problem and should solve it in only a few more weeks.
EqualOpp likes this.

Last edited by BigE; Jun 27, 2022 at 5:41 am
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by BigE
I called and they claimed that the hotel has a 2-week cancellation policy! I had checked online before I cancelled and there was no mention of a cancellation date when you click on "cancellation details" under manage booking. My email confirmation also did not even mention a cancellation deadline.
Yeah, half my reward bookings don't have any cancellation policy listed. Dummy bookings also show no cancellation policy for those hotels.

The good news is that I did learn a lot... that Radisson is a dumpster fire.
Agreed!
edit: I just followed the tip above from EqualOpp to call the UK # for Radisson. They knew about the technical problem and got the points back in my account with 5 minutes. They were also apologetic. Totally different experience.

By the way, they also said that their crack IT team is hot on the problem and should solve it in only a few more weeks.
Glad that you got your points back! But... bolding mine. I'll believe it when I see it. They've already had over a month to fix things. Their crack IT team? IMHO, it's more accurate to say that their IT team's on crack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.