Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Visa - discontinued April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by christianj
Bizarre! How can a credit post if you have no actual credit card account if the RR Visa was closed? Or are you saying the credit posted on the RR Visa account BEFORE the card was replaced?
I received the Go card, but didn’t activate it for several weeks. The account (number) didn’t actually change, just the brand of card, so my credit posted to the one and only account, weeks before I activated the new physical card. Activating the card isn’t a prerequisite for the account to exist or receive the refund.
sdsearch and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by christianj
Bizarre! How can a credit post if you have no actual credit card account if the RR Visa was closed? Or are you saying the credit posted on the RR Visa account BEFORE the card was replaced?
I think you misunderstand what activating a card does. The account exists before you activate the physical card. The RR visa account was not closed. It was converted to a different kind of US Bank account.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lyst
I now see the fee refund for July. Annual fee posted in Sept, so I only got around $18 back. Thought I'd get more!
I got $25 credit which didn't seem right (paid in November - they announced card cancellation 6 months later) but not worth calling to argue over.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
My US Bank Radisson credit card anniversary is December. So my free nights usually post in February. I did the 30k spending just in case I might get another set of 3 nights posting in February 2023. I was surprised to see that I got 3 nights posted very recently with an expiration of Sept 30, 2023.
TTT103 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I received the replacement card product (whatever it is called) from US Bank over the summer, but I never activated it.

Apparently I had a $43.75 credit in my account, as I just received a check in the mail. Never asked for this and never even thought to look since I rarely used the Radisson card anyway. Maybe this is a pro-rated Radisson card AF return.

I still don't plan on activating the US Bank card. Guess I might as well close the account? It's not like I'm paying for it.

-J.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I received the replacement card product (whatever it is called) from US Bank over the summer, but I never activated it.

Apparently I had a $43.75 credit in my account, as I just received a check in the mail. Never asked for this and never even thought to look since I rarely used the Radisson card anyway. Maybe this is a pro-rated Radisson card AF return.

I still don't plan on activating the US Bank card. Guess I might as well close the account? It's not like I'm paying for it.

-J.
Yes, this is a pro-rated credit of AF. For every bank I know of, when you have a negative balance on your account for more than X months, they cut you a check automatically. Not activating the card is irrelevant. The account existed, and continues to exist. Remember that there will be a hit to your credit if you cancel this account.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
I closed my GO card. It didn’t really serve a purpose other than being a relatively old account. The drop in my credit score was small, and I closed it shortly after applying for two new cards, so I don’t even know how much of the drop is due to the account closure.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Yes, this is a pro-rated credit of AF. For every bank I know of, when you have a negative balance on your account for more than X months, they cut you a check automatically. Not activating the card is irrelevant. The account existed, and continues to exist. Remember that there will be a hit to your credit if you cancel this account.
Yes, and that's why I hesitate to close it. Just annoying to know it's out there and have that in the back of my head. However...

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I closed my GO card. It didn’t really serve a purpose other than being a relatively old account. The drop in my credit score was small, and I closed it shortly after applying for two new cards, so I don’t even know how much of the drop is due to the account closure.
How bad can it be? I suppose I'll leave it open until my job makes me close it should I ever get a client that has an independence concern.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.