Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Visa - discontinued April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Current statement for what? The old US Bank Radisson credit cards are closed. I'd love a refund of the three AFs me and P2 paid, but there's no longer any account at US Bank to receive any refund...
They shouldn’t be closed (unless you closed it). My account was converted to a Go Visa, as the letter from USBank said it would. The card number didn't change.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by u600213
It looks like Choice Hotels co branded credit card is called Choice Privileges Visa and is issued by Barclays.

I have not signed up but will ponder it.
I had a very good relationship with Barclay's for many years until I started putting nearly all of my business expenses (mostly travel) on my Barclays AA card and Wyndham card. They then suddenly shut me down after I charged over $1M to the cards in one year due to many international trips. I was never late with a payment and never paid a cent of interest. FICO was always over 800.

I appealed the closure decision to their "Office of the President" and had numerous phone calls with them. I still can not obtain a Barclay's card.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:31 pm

UPDATE: My wife and I both had our pro rated annual fee credited today 6/18/20222.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
UPDATE: My wife and I both had our pro rated annual fee credited today 6/18/20222.
How much did you get back?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:03 am

Wife's annual fee Nov. 2021 refunded $37.50
My annual fee Dec. 2021 refunded $43.75
SanDiego1K and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Barclay's is notorious for their atrocious customer service -- I know this from semi-personal experience with the JetBlue card (I don't have it but I know many people with it). I honestly want the AA card but I'm afraid to sign up because Barclays.

I may have to swallow my pride and get it just for the status, especially since there's no annual fee, and hold onto it until I can use up my points. Then maybe I'll have them product change it to the AA card.

This sucks. US Bank wasn't anything special but at least they were decent and the card had killer benefits. Now I can make my Comfort Inn dreams come true

-J.
I too would have preferred if the Radisson Visa and Radisson remained in their own domains, and Choice in its. Also no fan of Barclays, which is Choice’s bank card partner for the US.

Some Comforts outside the Americas can’t be any worse than some Radissons I’ve been in over the years in the Americas and even Europe. So maybe you have something to look forward to with Choice points. And Choice does have Preferred Hotels & Resorts as a redemption option, and those are often better than most Radissons.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
2RETIREDTRAVELERS Was the credit automatic to both accounts or did you contact them to get this? I haven't seen a credit post to my account and don't know if I should contact them or not or if it will be automatic.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
2RETIREDTRAVELERS Was the credit automatic to both accounts or did you contact them to get this? I haven't seen a credit post to my account and don't know if I should contact them or not or if it will be automatic.

Mine was credited automatically. Have you had a statement close in June?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:42 am

Automatic with the June statement.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Automatic with the June statement.
Had on one in early June - no refund > guess it will be on the July one
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Had on one in early June - no refund > guess it will be on the July one
Statement June 17th
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks for the replies! Had looked online and saw no credit post to the account and that’s why I asked. Guess I will wait for the statement to close and see if that brings the credit.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:43 pm

Good to know someone got a refund. Mine closes on the 4th, so hope I see it next month.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:42 pm

Nope, not on July statement either!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lyst
Nope, not on July statement either!
For you and others who have not received a credit, do you know when you last paid the annual fee? If it was more than a year before your card was converted (or if you perhaps got a retention offer that waived the fee), you will not get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.