Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank/Club Carlson Free night

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
It is pretty ridiculous that they give 7500 points and a free global certificate to only those who complained.

But well, they are US bank... They can do more surprise things.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Do people also complain to Amex when they don't get a targeted Amex Offer on their account?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Just now, I've received a phone call from a customer care representative who was apologetic and offered either to close the account and refund the annual fee (paid many months ago) or to give me the E-cert. You can guess which one I've chosen. They say the E-cert will be posted within 6-8 weeks. We shall see.
I got the same call today and made the same choice.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
Do people also complain to Amex when they don't get a targeted Amex Offer on their account?
For sure there are some
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Songer5
Major difference - targeted Amex offer is just that - both targeted and an offer.

Here we are talking about compensation and we know the logic (or the none existence logic) behind the offer of compensation.

Offers are meant to induce spending on the card (they actually require it, very very few of them are actually "free" to use) and the logic behind it is only known to Amex.

It is a completely different situation. And if Amex would have botched it as bad as US Bank did, you can be rest assured that people would be complaining to Amex.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by kay_jay
My wife and I own club carlson visa card, but I haven't got any free e-certificate for 1 night as you guys mention. Should I call them? or should I wait some more time for the certificate to appear in my account?
Can someone respond to my query.
Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kay_jay
Can someone respond to my query.
Thanks.
Send a secure message to US Bank from your online account and hopefully someone will call you and offer either a refund of your annual fee or the e-cert. See my posts #77 and 93 above and post #90 of MD/DC Flyer.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just received my call and indeed was offered the free night worldwide. I was not offered an option, but that is fine. I wanted the free night. I called on Wednesday, was told that the matter had to go to a different department, and it would take up to 5 business days to receive a call back. It came more quickly than I anticipated. My husband sent a message from his account yesterday. I told the person my husband had the same issue so he had me hand my phone over and talked to him Voila, two certs will be forthcoming.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
So it seems that they are quite lenient giving out these global ecerts. They must have figured we are not spending at all in the past few months.
If I were in charge of this, I would make it minimum spend of say 2k to get this cert lol.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just received my call and indeed was offered the free night worldwide. I was not offered an option, but that is fine. I wanted the free night. I called on Wednesday, was told that the matter had to go to a different department, and it would take up to 5 business days to receive a call back. It came more quickly than I anticipated. My husband sent a message from his account yesterday. I told the person my husband had the same issue so he had me hand my phone over and talked to him Voila, two certs will be forthcoming.
Same deal for me. online messaged a week or so ago, got a call yesterday saying it will be in my account.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:39 am
Community Director Emerita

A belated thanks to Richard1148 and MC/DC Flyer whose posts educated both about the offer and how to receive it.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:32 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
It seems Heather must have been making a lot of calls yesterday.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Send a secure message to US Bank from your online account and hopefully someone will call you and offer either a refund of your annual fee or the e-cert. See my posts #77 and 93 above and post #90 of MD/DC Flyer.
I'm guessing this wouldn't work for the no-fee credit card...unless they don't want you cancelling the card.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I'm guessing this wouldn't work for the no-fee credit card...unless they don't want you cancelling the card.
It's worth a try. All they can do is say no.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I sent a secure message expressing my displeasure and they referred me to the Office of the President. So we'll see what happens, if anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.