Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank/Club Carlson Free night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:56 pm

Got my eCertificate last Friday, tried to book online but it wouldn't adjust the price to zero, it was charging me the full price. Called Club Carlson they said it is Oct voucher and asked me to wait until Oct 1. Well, tried again today it still doesn't work. Anyone has similar problem?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I did not complain by phone when the devaluation happened but by secure messages and received 2500 points.

I did not receive the E-cert and reached out via phone, secure message, twitter and Facebook to USBank. Twitter and Facebook goes back to the same team which were very responsive (though they have no power of course).

I also recived the response that the query was sent to the President Desk.

Just now, I've received a phone call from a customer care representative who was apologetic and offered either to close the account and refund the annual fee (paid many months ago) or to give me the E-cert. You can guess which one I've chosen. They say the E-cert will be posted within 6-8 weeks. We shall see.
+1 No eCert, so I sent a short polite secure msg to US Bank requesting the points. Received a call back from some executive assistant who left a message. Ack! I just want the same eCert that everyone else got or some points. And will be dumping this card...
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:00 am

Do you guys know if the E-Cert is reusable if you cancel your first booking?
Same as cash or points? It is returned for reuse if you cancel 72 hrs before the checking in time?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:47 am

I received an e-cert in Aug. If I call or email US Bank, will there a chance that I get the 2nd one? I did not cancel my card. thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:03 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbbi
I received an e-cert in Aug. If I call or email US Bank, will there a chance that I get the 2nd one? I did not cancel my card. thanks.
No. The second round of e-certs is to appease people who did not receive anything during the first round.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Same as cash or points? It is returned for reuse if you cancel 72 hrs before the checking in time?
I canceled and rebooked. Cert was returned in seconds.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
SanDiego 1K answered your question, but if you have any other questions regarding ecerts, everything you need to know is here: https://www.clubcarlson.com/ecertinfo.do
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
SanDiego 1K answered your question, but if you have any other questions regarding ecerts, everything you need to know is here: https://www.clubcarlson.com/ecertinfo.do
Tried to use it online for the Raddison Blu in New Delhi and shows zero rooms. NO room on points as well. But shows standard daily rate with cash.
Call CC to book in this case?

In some other dates it shows available but shows big taxes on awards and heared it happens to all big hotels in Delhi
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard1148

Tried to use it online for the Raddison Blu in New Delhi and shows zero rooms. NO room on points as well. But shows standard daily rate with cash.
Call CC to book in this case?

In some other dates it shows available but shows big taxes on awards and heared it happens to all big hotels in Delhi
I booked a room at the Radisson Blu Delhi with points ( back when 2 4 1 was active) but I don't see any taxes > where do you see them?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
I booked a room at the Radisson Blu Delhi with points ( back when 2 4 1 was active) but I don't see any taxes > where do you see them?
When was your stay?You were charged any amount on award stay? From what I heared, all big hotels, even small ones and mostly chain hotels charge up to 25% in taxes and service charges. More than luxury tax. It is so bad , it has become a huge scam operation for hotels in Delhi.
Because foreigners are being scammed extra on top of the 15% luxury taxes. The hotels would put other taxes and fees on top of it. The Delhi gov is asking hotel guests to report such scams and even launched an APP which is supposed to show what tax you will be paid the most. If the website doesn't mention any amount, the Gov says you don't pay any taxes. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eltariff&hl=en. The Hyatt in Delhi is one example. it charges you 25% in taxes and other charges on awards.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Oct 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
US Bank/Club Carlson Free night

My stay will be starting mid next week.

Btw how do you charge taxes on awards? What is the basis you tax?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:26 pm

We are talking about Delhi here right?
rack rate, luxury tax, service charge, regular tax, etc they throw in extra taxes and would give you free upgrade or upgrade you get from your status, if you accept it, the taxes and charges will be much higher= value of the room rate.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:58 pm

Quote:

We are talking about Delhi here right?
rack rate, luxury tax, service charge, regular tax, etc they throw in extra taxes and would give you free upgrade or upgrade you get from your status, if you accept it, the taxes and charges will be much higher= value of the room rate.
Never was is India before. To be honest I would take it up with corporate if that happens ( pretty sure my LinkedIn would get me connected if needed)
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:06 pm

Never was is India before. To be honest I would take it up with corporate if that happens ( pretty sure my LinkedIn would get me connected if needed)
The Hyatt in Delhi charges you 25% in taxes on awards on rack rate. When I called Hyatt, they told me call Indian gov. The hotel includes rip off fees not required by the Delhi GOV besides the luxury tax. You can report these charges to the gov and they may crack down.The Hyatt is not in central new delhi so I am not staying there anyway
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:48 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Just checked my reservation made with the ecert and it appears the room has been downgraded from a business room to a standard room. Anyone else checked their reservation lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.