Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, make sure you do not use MUHA021.

You should be glad you received 7500 bonus points with MUHA0018. With MUHA0021, you would have likely received zero (0) bonus points!!!

It's been reported both here and in this Avis forum thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...romotions.html

that MUHA021 is completely unreliable, while MUHA0018 is very reliable. Most people think a very reliable coupon for slightly fewer bonus points that you actually get is way better than a completely unreliable coupon for slightly more theoretical bonus points which you never get.

By unreliable, I mean that Avis claims it will work when you make the reservation, but when you return the car, you've earned only the few base points, and when you inquire about the missing promo, nothing ever gets fixed.
I just returned a car yesterday and used MUHA021 and the receipt stated 9000 CC points. Having that on the receipt definitely makes me feel better

i'll post when/if the CC points post

post below reminded me.. the points did post on the next sweep right on time

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Jan 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Are there any 2014 promos such as the 7500 or 9000 CC point promos for car rentals? Avis in particular

Never mind

I found the 7500 point bonus thru June 30 2014

Save up to 25%, plus earn 7,500 Gold Points with your Avis 3-day rental.

Your membership means more savings and more Gold PointsŪ when you book with Avis. Earn a total of 7,500 Gold Points, plus save up to 25% on qualifying rentals of three or more days now through June 30, 2014. Use AWD G639300 when booking and:

Earn 750 Gold Points with each car rental, and save up to 25% by presenting your Club Carlson number at the Avis car rental counter. Reserve now.
Rent for 3+ days and earn a total of 7,500 Gold Points. Use coupon code MUHA018. Reserve now.

another FYI, National can be had for 1500 points per day

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Jan 3, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I just returned a car yesterday and used MUHA021 and the receipt stated 9000 CC points. Having that on the receipt definitely makes me feel better

i'll post when/if the CC points post
Update to this situation. I sent an email to the Avis Chairman's Desk asking them to look into my missing CC points from the MUHA021 code. Points posted a few months later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.