Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Called avis and they say the code is not valid apart from US and Canada
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:43 am
Suspended

I reserved anyways

even if I do not get points it's still the best rate I can find
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by dc2447
Shame, as most Carlsons are outside the US. But now it's clearer that this is strictly an Avis t&c.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:07 am
Suspended

but you should still earn the 750 pts for having the rental
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I reserved anyways

even if I do not get points it's still the best rate I can find
I was about to do the same, but ended up with Sixt, with a much better rate at LHR
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is funny, because their own website says

Now through December 31, 2013, Club Carlson members can earn 7,500 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
This is funny, because their own website says

Now through December 31, 2013, Club Carlson members can earn 7,500 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Ok, so I have completed two bookings via the link (so included the code) - next step contsct club carlson and chase the points?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so I have completed two bookings via the link (so included the code) - next step contsct club carlson and chase the points?
Once the "normal" points posted, I'd chase the bonus

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 20, 2013 at 5:48 am
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:04 am
Suspended

By normal do you mean FF points?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Once the "normal" points posted, I'd chase the bonus
By normal do you mean FF points?
You "normally" earn 750 points CC points per Avis rental (with no coupon, just with your Club Carlson account selected as your partner earning). The bonus adds 6750 to that to get 7500 total. (A previous 9000 point bonus would add 8250 to that to get 9000 total. Etc.)

So by "normal" points, WilcoRoger meant the 750 CC points.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You "normally" earn 750 points CC points per Avis rental (with no coupon, just with your Club Carlson account selected as your partner earning). The bonus adds 6750 to that to get 7500 total. (A previous 9000 point bonus would add 8250 to that to get 9000 total. Etc.)

So by "normal" points, WilcoRoger meant the 750 CC points.
I always put my BA FF number in, 750 cc points seems low

or am I getting this wrong?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

'Tis. But people earn points, including paltry points, for different purposes, such as to keep an account alive. But since CC points don't expire (as of today) it's just low.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firewind
'Tis. But people earn points, including paltry points, for different purposes, such as to keep an account alive. But since CC points don't expire (as of today) it's just low.
Thanks

I will contact CC about the missing 15,000 points
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, 750 cc points seems low. Which is why I never use CC points unless I'm doing one of these bonuses for 7500 or 9000 or thereabouts.

7500 CC points does not seem so low, and in fact seems better than 500ish BA miles (for a few-days rental).

So in my case I use BA miles as my default, but when a good promo comes along that lets me earn several thousands of miles at another airline (that I collect miles with) or many many many thousands of hotel points (in a hotel program that I collect points with), then I switch to that for that rental. And so if the rental should qualify for the Club Carlson "7500" bonus, then that's what I'll do.

(Of course, many promos have minimum number of days rental. So on super-short rentals, like just 1 day, I more often cannot find a good promo, and just use BA's normal earning.)

My point was that if the coupon didn't work, someone who tried to use the coupon would only get 750, as opposed to 7500. But they would then be able to tell that it was only the coupon that didn't work. If they didn't get even 750, that means either that they entered their Club Carlson info incorrectly, or that the points from Avis simply haven't posted to Club Carlson yet.

(I know all this, about people sometimes getting only 750 when they expect much more, from reading plenty of posts, in several threads, about these Avis / Club Carlson partner promos with many many many thousands of points promised. In my case, the correct bonus has always posted as soon as anything posted to Club Carlson. In my case, the only times the bonus wouldn't work, the Avis website told me ahead of time, as I was making my reservation, so in those cases I chose to earn something other than Club Carlson points.)

By the way, you can't put in your BA FF number and expect to earn CC points. You can choose to earn BA on one rental, and CC on the next. But you can't earn both BA and CC on both. So it doesn't help to use a CC coupon while choosing to earn BA, it won't work.

So I'm confused as to whether you put your CC number or your BA number in these rentals. If you put your BA number, end of story, you can't possibly get CC points on those rentals therefore, since you got your BA points.

But don't confuse the earning preference with the AWD. You can use, for example, BA's AWD while earning CC points, or CC's AWD while earning BA miles. Your earning preference and your coupon have to match (be from the same partner), but your AWD (which determines your discount only) can be from a different partner generally.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 20, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:22 pm
Suspended

I put my BA number in, it was not clear to me that I needed to add my CC number

Lesson learnt, thanks for clarification

As for adding my CC over BA in the future - I don't think so

750 CC points when I need 50,000 for a stay in the hotels I use seems almost pointless, indeed it equates to 37 dollars spend, less than a round of beers in most hotels

The 750 avios on the other hand is not bad considering the 9k avios needed for a reward flight saver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.