FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1400812-avis-7500-cc-goldpoints-3-day-rental-thru-31-dec-2013-a.html)

mile ho Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

New offer of 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day or more rental good through end of 2013:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000

Marek_Limanowa Oct 26, 2012 1:06 am

only US - Canada

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 19560608)
New offer of 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day or more rental good through end of 2013:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000

Not valid in a European country.

Firewind Oct 26, 2012 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa (Post 19567713)
Not valid in a European country.

Exerpt from the t&c:

•Offer valid on a qualifying rental of three or more consecutive days at participating Avis locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Perhaps it won't go "live" anywhere - e.g., not bookable - until the present promo expires? I haven't tried it.

BTW, seems a strange number. It and multiples don't fit well with redemption rates. Someone must have plotted a curve, and this looked good, if not very aspirational.

mile ho Oct 26, 2012 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 19568043)
Exerpt from the t&c:

Perhaps it won't go "live" anywhere - e.g., not bookable - until the present promo expires? I haven't tried it.

BTW, seems a strange number. It and multiples don't fit well with redemption rates. Someone must have plotted a curve, and this looked good, if not very aspirational.

Had no problem booking a domestic just now. Some European countries have blackout dates where coupons cannot be used. Ran into that in July in France.

Marek_Limanowa Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 19569557)
Had no problem booking a domestic just now. Some European countries have blackout dates where coupons cannot be used. Ran into that in July in France.

Chat with Avis

21:20:28Bryan:Marek, you will receive points, but you won't receive the bonus 6000 from coupon MUHA018.

21:22:35Bryan:Valid at corporate/participating licensees in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii), Canada and Puerto Rico.

21:26:30Bryan:The discount AWD number is valid everywhere up to 25% off the base rate, but the bonus points is only in the U.S.

denkigroove Oct 28, 2012 7:22 am

Then they should write it down in the T&C that it don't work in Europe!

holtju2 Nov 5, 2012 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa (Post 19571274)
Chat with Avis

21:20:28Bryan:Marek, you will receive points, but you won't receive the bonus 6000 from coupon MUHA018.

21:22:35Bryan:Valid at corporate/participating licensees in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii), Canada and Puerto Rico.

21:26:30Bryan:The discount AWD number is valid everywhere up to 25% off the base rate, but the bonus points is only in the U.S.

Very difficult for m to believe that Bryan would have been giving correct advise as it is clearly written on their copy that:

Now through December 31, 2013, Club Carlson members can earn 7,500 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Guy Betsy Nov 14, 2012 5:50 am

I did a 3 day rental in England.

I received the initial 750 points for the rental but an email to CC Customer Service produced a strange reply :

"...Thank you for taking the time to write.

Per the terms and conditions of our partnership with Avis, we must allow
them 4 to 6 weeks after returning your rental vehicle to post points for
reservations. When looking for retro credit, please contact Avis at
800-352-7900 for the appropriate credit.
Should you still not see these points after 6 weeks, we are always happy
to review and post credit manually. Please make sure you have a copy of
your rental agreement for our processes. If you have any further
questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to reply to this
email or contact Club Carlson Member Services at 1-888-288-8889.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.
So its still AVIS' fault for making sure their promos post properly..?

sdsearch Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa (Post 19571274)
Chat with Avis

Not even that!

I just tried it for a reservation at SJU (San Juan, Puerto Rico) in December, and avis.com tells me:
This station does not participate. Valid at corporate/participating licensees in US and Canada.

denkigroove Mar 7, 2013 8:00 am

Can someone tell if they credit the bonus points manually if the booking page shows that the station does not participate?

dsquared37 Mar 8, 2013 2:51 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove (Post 20376799)
Can someone tell if they credit the bonus points manually if the booking page shows that the station does not participate?

:confused::confused:

If the station does not participate then I don't think you'll be getting any bonus points. I'd wonder about getting any points for that matter.

alexanderrr Apr 9, 2013 4:46 am

Just wanted to confirm that no bonus points were credited for my recent rental in Spain, only base points. I checked my confirmation email from last year`s promo (got 9K that time) and coupon number was registered there, but not in the last email for this year rental. Tried a few locations in Europe and it always says "location does not participate". So if you are going to rent with Avis - credit your points somewhere else.

DallasEsq Jun 1, 2013 6:22 pm

I successfully used this promo to book a car in Los Angeles and received confirmation at the time of booking that it was valid. Does anyone know how long after the rental the points will post?

jerry305 Jun 3, 2013 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by DallasEsq (Post 20849534)
I successfully used this promo to book a car in Los Angeles and received confirmation at the time of booking that it was valid. Does anyone know how long after the rental the points will post?

Points from car rental companies to other partners can take a very, very, very long time to post. I suggest you phone Avis and confirm whether they have sent the points on to Club Carlson.

rtb Jun 4, 2013 4:46 pm

Why does Avis charge extra when you say you're a rewards member? Charged me more when I used both Rapid Rewards and Club Carlson. They charge a "frequent travel program" fee