Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Toronto Admiral Harbourfront

What is your Club Carlson status? Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)Radisson Toronto Admiral Harbourfront

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very. Surprised how good noise proofing it has since all the bars, band shell, expressway and airport are close by.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, got corner studio suite, top floor, excellent views of pool, lake front, harbour, airport, etc. It had a fancy espresso machine, also had robes that I wore going to and from the pool (apparently only suites have robes, so staff saw me and gave me the VIP treatment, the bar tender told me)

Did you receive elite benefits? 11 am check in, Late check-out at 1pm , in-room welcome gift of nuts, apples, water, letter, breakfast for two, 2 comp drinks at bar (anything under $10)

How are the rooms?
The studio suite, is large, has shutters vs curtains, modern decor, a telescope to see the view, airport and pool. Modern, functional. Light colors. It helped it was a sunny weekend, so I felt surrounded by water and sun.

What was good, what was bad?
Great location in the heart of the harbour, nice heated pool with cabanas, great views, starbucks on site. Parking was only $20 with in and out privileges. Plenty of restaurants, 24 hour shop in front and supermarket 5 minutes away.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Was quite a deal points wise, since rates at $350 (paid 44K), but fantastic lakeside location that only the Westin Castle has. Other Toronto hotels are deep into the city and don't have lakefront access.

PS - Anyone can use pool for a $40 day pass, popular with young rowdy crowd. Only advantage is that there are plenty pool servers, and they are fast.

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Aug 22, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:27 am
ast

Programs: TK E+;EY S; OW EMD; SPG P; CC C
Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest

What is your Club Carlson status? Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, got standard but with Business lounge access

Did you receive elite benefits?
Yes, plate of 3 fruits in my room

Good: location, World Class Health Academy, outdoor jacuzzi, business lounge with sparkling wine during breakfast and happy hour between 5:30pm and 7:30pm

For 125 euros for 2 days i will definetly return
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:53 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel

What is your Club Carlson status? Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga Latvia

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard award room and received business class room.

Yes, room upgrade and welcome gift (2 bottles of water and plate with muffins)

Good: location, access to MyFitness fitness center, breakfast and friendly staff. They also have a lottery game for Club Carlson points. One ticket is 5000 points and every ticket wins something (welcome drink, 50 EUR restaurant voucher, 10k Club Carlson points or free night in Radisson Blu Daugava)
Bad: nothing

I think this is good for both money and gold points. I would return.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:00 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Newport Beach, California, USA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Okay!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard using the E Certs from US Bank, front desk clerk said I got an upgrade to a Club Room on the 7th floor. I asked him if Club benefits were included, and he said no but stated that it was an enhanced room.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - "Yes"???
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not requested
In-Room Welcome Gift - No!

How are the rooms?
Room looks and feels like your run-of-mill found at any 3-star hotel. Very small bathroom with shower/tub. Tiny 2-person balcony overlooking SNA

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Nowhere near a beach more like an airport hotel with SNA shuttle. Turn down service was provided only on the second day and it was good.
Bad: Stayed here when it was a Sheraton back in 1990. 3rd stay as Radisson - front desk did not welcome back, did not recognize as Club Carlson member, and did not provide for in-room welcome gift. Checked in with wife and two kids - parking was empty (plenty of availability) and requested upgrade to a suite. FD stated they reserved them for their sales team!!! I asked him what are the Gold member amenities and he said pool, restaurant, etc. Either he is not knowledgeable with Club Carlson rules or he is just a jerk. Tweeted my dissatisfaction to Club Carlson and they replied 2 days later with an offer of 5K points (which already posted).

Last two days to burn the E-Certs and I used them - otherwise, would not do a pay stay here. Many much better properties around where status is recognized and the treatment is awesome.

Last edited by Kalboz; Sep 20, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Gold

Radisson Newport Beach, California, USA

Okay!

Booked standard using the E Certs from US Bank, front desk clerk said I got an upgrade to a Club Room on the 7th floor. I asked him if Club benefits were included, and he said no but stated that it was an enhanced room.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - "Yes"
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not requested
In-Room Welcome Gift - No!

How are the rooms?
Room looks and feels like your run-of-mill found at any 3-star hotel. Very small bathroom with shower/tub. Tiny 2-person balcony overlooking

Good: Nowhere near a beach more like an airport hotel with a SNA shuttle. Turn day service was provided only on the second day and it was good.
Bad: Stayed here when it was a Sheraton back in 1990. 3rd stay as Radisson - front desk did not welcome back, did not recognize as Club Carlson member, and did not provide for in-room welcome gift. Checked in with wife and two kids - parking was empty (plenty of availability) and requested upgrade to a suite. FD stated they reserved them for their sales team!!! I asked him what are the Gold member amenities and he said pool, restaurant, etc. Either he is not knowledgeable with Club Carlson rules or he is just a jerk. Tweeted my dissatisfaction to Club Carlson and they replied 2 days later with an offer of 5K points (which already posted).

Last two days to burn the E-Certs and I used them - otherwise, would not do a pay stay here. Many much better properties around where status is recognized and the treatment is awesome.
You were misinformed, if you get access to club floor, you can use lounge. It has doors wide open and you can go in and out. There is no one checking people in. This hotel is one of the few Radissons that I have been to that have lounges, and it is half decent.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:01 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
You were misinformed, if you get access to club floor, you can use lounge. It has doors wide open and you can go in and out. There is no one checking people in. This hotel is one of the few Radissons that I have been to that have lounges, and it is half decent.
Well then we have confirmation that the FD was a jerk!!! Got 5K Club Carlson points which is valued at $15 for me.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Bologne, Paris, France

Congierge

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Bologne, Paris, France

A halfhearted yes.

Booked standard room upgraded to one bedroom apartment

Complimentary Room Upgrade, Free Breakfast for me and partner, plate of four macaroons and a litre bottle of water. Early/late check out not required.

- How are the rooms?
Old fashioned and tired, it was brown and black and beige everywhere with a purple settee. I tried to like the room but couldn't. The ceilings were low the colour scheme was bad, getting into the shower was hard if, like me your knees aren't great. There is a six inch wide side of the bath you have to get your leg over...

- What was good and what was bad
This Radisson Blu is dull and boring, there is no character, no wow factor at all. Its lobby is being renovated so something better might be coming but the only good thing was that the bed was comfortable and it offered a two for one weekend extend rate in Paris. They are increasingly hard to come by.

- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
I would give it another go after renovation and a suite in Paris with separate bedroom and bathroom at €159 in total is a bargain but don't bring anyone special for a romantic weekend in Paris..
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Gold

Radisson Blu Amsterdam City Center
Radisson Blu Hamburg
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen
Radisson Blu Stockholm Waterfront
Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki
Radisson Blu Lucerne

Every stay was good with the exception of the Radisson Royal Hotel Copenhagen which is very dated and old

Booked standard rooms using points with the credit card second night free and the free e-certificate

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes, but only real upgrade was in Helsinki to a business class room
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Was not able to receive this at any of the hotels. Granted all the hotels were showing as sold out.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, received at each property except Copenhagen which was under my husband's account who is only silver.

Radisson Blu Amsterdam City Center - superior room, two small bottles of water and small box of chocolate
Radisson Blu Hamburg - no upgrade and was only hotel that wasn't sold out, large bottle of sparkling water and 3 chocolates that said Yes I Can
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen - nothing, reservation under husband who is silver
Radisson Blu Stockholm Waterfront - superior room (partial water view), two small bottles of sparkling water, fruit, two small bags of candy, and 4 small chocolates
Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki - business class room with free lounge access and free movies, two chocolate bars, lemon soda, and some kind of local gummy candy
Radisson Blu Lucerne - partial water view, large bottle of water and cider in a Radisson Blu bottle cooler, and small box of peanuts

How are the rooms?
All properties had clean and fairly modern rooms with the exception of the Copenhagen hotel which felt like a dump

Good: All hotels had very central locations close to the train station which was perfect since we were traveling by train.
Bad: Do not like the Radisson Blu bathroom amenities.

Value was good because I used a free complimentary e-certificate and credit card second night free stays before the devaluation and point increases. Not sure any of the properties are worth 70K.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:56 pm

What is your Club Carlson status?Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Mall Of America, Bloomington, MN

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, got upgraded to business room on 13th floor with lounge access

Yes, 2 bottles of water & big pack of m&ms

Good: excellent location for shopping with skyway access to the mall. Used business lounge for evening drinks & breakfast. Free parking.

Used free night cert.. i will definetly return
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Gold

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Dublin

Yes

Booked standard rooms using points and the second night was free with the US Bank apology e-certificate. Upgraded to Business class at check-in

Did you receive elite benefits? Yes
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes, business class room
Early Check In/Late Check Out - I checked in around 11am
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, a raspberry-filled doughnut with a small cup of warm melted chocolate sauce. Plus bottles of still and sparkling water each day.

How are the rooms?
It was clean and pretty large

Good: Pretty good location - between the big tourist sections so you had to walk a bit to the main transport hubs. One could catch a bus but its just a couple blocks to touristy places. Upgraded room also included breakfast.

Value was great as I had a free e-certificate and the room was only 50k.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:18 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Gold

Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Norway

Yes

Booked standard room. Upgraded to business friendly room at check-in.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Did not need it.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, a fruit plate on the table.

How are the rooms?
It was pretty large with soundproof windows. I liked to color changing LED lights.

Good: Pretty large room, location (3-4 minutes on foot to the OSL terminal), fitness room and good breakfast for Park Inn.

Value for money or Gold Points?
It is 44k property, so using money with good rate is usually better option.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:09 am

Radisson Blu Aqua - Chicago, IL

Concierge

Radisson Blu Aqua - Chicago, IL

Yes

Booked standard rooms using US Bank apology e-certificate. At check-in was told that I had a double upgrade, to Business class floor and Corner room with large wrap around balcony, NE views (lake, river, Millenium park, Dusable harbor)

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes, business class room, Large room
Early Check In/Late Check Out - I checked in around 11am, Check out 1pm
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, nuts, letter, Plus bottles of still and sparkling water and 2 drink coupons at bar, for any beverage, we had mixed cocktails $15 each

How are the rooms?
Huge balcony, this was nice since it was great fall weather, sunny

Good: Pretty good location; Upgraded room also included lounge access, 5-9 open bar and snacks, 3 cold, 3 hot, 7-11 breakfast.

Value was great as I had a free e-certificate; 70k for regular room is expensive, but if you get lounge, well worth it.

Hotel is very stylish, very modern, full amenity, indoor AND outdoor pool, hot tub, plus outside garden, running track
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:15 am

Raddison Blu Hotel Espoo, Finland

- What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Hotel Espoo

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room 2 for 1, got a superior room. Got upgraded without asking.

- Did you receive elite benefits?
No, but free buffet breakfast.

- How are the rooms?
Clean

- What was good and what was bad?
Liked nice lounge on the 4th floor in which one could make a nespresso, eat peanuts, fruits and read newspapers.

Good value for the 2 for 1,I will come back.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 am

PARK PLAZA Wallstreet BERLIN MITTE

- What is your Club Carlson status?
CONCIERGE

- Where did you stay?
PARK PLAZA Wallstreet BERLIN MITTE

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room, Got upgraded to top floor penthouse suite without asking. It included a balcony, unfortunaltey not a great view, but still nice. spacious. Queen bed.

- Did you receive elite benefits?
Yes free buffet breakfast, even day of arrival (9am, transatlantic flight); Welcome gift of Berlin themed gummy bears. Actually the shape was of the Brandenburg Gate. Turndown service with chocolate coins in shape of Euro.

- How are the rooms?
Clean

- What was good and what was bad?
Spacious, 2 blocks from U-Bahn. Friendly staff.

Even though Good cash rate, I chose to use points.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Quorvus G&V Royal Mile Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

Concierge

Where did you stay?
Quorvus G&V Royal Mile Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. My first time in a Quorvus.

Yes

Booked a standard room on a weekend extend for two nights and got upgraded to a suite.

- Room upgrade: yes to a suite on 6th floor
- Early Check In: not required
- Late Check Out: not required
- In-Room Welcome Gift: 2 bottles of water and a plate of strawberries and chocolate. Free Scotsman on Saturday, free Sunday Times on Sunday.

How are the rooms?
Instead of the usual square room, this was like a long sausage roll, and a funky one at that... The first bite was the work area with table with a small toilet off it, the second bite was a relaxing area with huge tv, a comfy chair and a big round seat that can take two with a modern Scottish thistle design.

The third bite was the sleeping area with a huge king-size bed and another to. The bathroom was beside this with a massive walk in shower. The door was also a mirror and when closed you wouldn't think the bathroom was behind it.

Good: the funky decor - even the shocking pink in the bathroom worked somehow. The heated floor in the bathroom was great too.

Bad: the tv remote took a bit of working out how to use it but nothing serious.

On a weekend extend the cost was £203 in total but had I to book the room without status it would have been £437x2 = £874. So yes this was great vfm. I have booked this for next year on a weekend extend. The Radisson Blu down the Royal Mile where I usually stay, rarely offers them these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.