Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J Menus 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:19 am

First time in business

Hiya! We’re flying Qatar this June, LHR to Doha, then Doha to Malé (and then the same in reverse). The LHR legs of the journeys are in the Qsuites which were very excited about.

Our first flight leaves London at around 7am; anyone got any menus for this flight? Or for the flights to malé?

Also; are you allowed to have the main meal and then a light bite later or is it one or the other?

thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
DOH-ZRH
March 2024
9:10am departure

LP Alexandra available. Rest of wine menu here. Lobster was excellent; just a tad small. Soup was Spinach & Artichoke.

Menu (light bites not shown, apologies)

Shrimp amuse bouche

Arabic mezze (new version) - really enjoyed this.

Lobster Main

Dessert

Last edited by seanp7; Mar 6, 2024 at 12:42 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Can we do long haul please!

Fed up with BKK and LHR/CDG posts.

May I explain myself more clearly

What food options are the late night flights to MEL and the flight cack from PER back to DOH?

assume BHX ( my home town and the Bull ) is same as other UK flights? I have selected my Mains for Both Sectors, interested in what Aussie offering there are !

my retirement trip lifetime in J. worked me balls off for this!

Help!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Not clear enough

rest of menu

BHX-DOH. afternoon dpt

Doh - MEL early 02.00 am dep to mel

PER - DOH. 22.50 dep

DOH - BHX. morning flight

its our trip ive saved hard for.....

next week.......

cheers everyone
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by steveggetit
Fed up with BKK and LHR/CDG posts.
Help!
I will take that comment aimed at me since I posted all the BKK and CDG pictures recently. All of that takes time and effort to help the FlyerTalk community which some of us do whenever possible. I hope that it is beneficial to people as I myself have been helped many times over the years by fellow FT’s and you get back what you put in.

I find it a shame that my posts bore you so much but it is a menu forum about food and wine so I am not sure what you expect.

If you want a specific forum for your flight only then please create one but I fear it will get merged to this thread at the end of the day anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:27 pm

I’ve preordered the five spice ribs for my flight on Friday but noticed that it’s under the “light meal” option. What’s the portion size like? Will it still come with the usual accompaniments, starter and dessert etc? Wondering whether I change my order to something from the “main” menu.

I’m LHR-BKK so have really appreciated menus from this route being shared.

Edited to add that I’m flying back in to BHX so will share the menu from that flight also.
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by travellingjake; Mar 6, 2024 at 12:41 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
MXP-DOH QR128

Menu code was MXP-DOH-JC-LDML2-CY1-A1
Old Mar 5, 2024, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
DFW-DOH

Last edited by anaggie; Mar 6, 2024 at 6:20 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by N.mill
Also; are you allowed to have the main meal and then a light bite later or is it one or the other?
You can certainly have a light bite later (in addition to the full multi-course meal). Just keep in mind some items run out, so you may need to be flexible (and or let the crew know you're interested in a light bite at hour x of the flight, etc).

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I hope that it is beneficial to people as I myself have been helped many times over the years by fellow FT’s and you get back what you put in.
This is why I'm posting mine! Many readers don't comment but use this information and, personally, I love looking at some of the route menus and variations over time...

Please keep posting - regardless of route - and ignore those two posts. Thank you for your contributions!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Further plea for posters to include the departure time of the flight
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by steveggetit
Fed up with BKK and LHR/CDG posts
Contributions here depend on people being prepared to give up their time to post. It's also a numbers game. With 7 or 8 large widebody departures a day each way between LHR-DOH and DOH-BKK, there are going to be a lot more posters travelling on those routes.

Respectfully, BHX has a much lower number of passengers and a small J cabin. So the odds of an active flyerposter being on that route are way lower. You're kind of digging out people who aren’t here for not posting

But the ex-BHX flights will have broadly similar if not the same menus as those ex other UK airports at a similar time of departure. Same with to and from Australia.

If you can't see anything for your specfic routes, now's your chance to contribute to the community knowledge after your flights! You'll have seen some people also post the preselect options before departing. I'm sure there'll be some posters, and the shy who lurk but don't post, who will appreciate anything you share.

Have a great trip
work2fly, seanp7, msmusic and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:14 am

Qatar Airways Flight 706 | New York (JFK) > Doha (DOH)
1:25 a.m. departure
March 2024

Menu:

Food:

Carfield, lileor, mikeyfly and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:23 am

Qatar Airways Flight 956 | Doha (DOH) > Jakarta (CGK)
2:45 a.m. departure
March 2024

Forgot to take pictures of the menu, but below are a few food pics:

Notably, Laurent-Perrier Grand Cuvée Alexandra Rose 2007 was on offer for this flight, but not on my previous flight from JFK > DOH.
seanp7 and Misshoneyb like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by KingCanute
But the ex-BHX flights will have broadly similar if not the same menus as those ex other UK airports at a similar time of departure.
Indeed. London is pretty much a suburb of BHX...
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
DOH-MAA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.