Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Adding Infant to Business Class Redemption Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Infant to Business Class Redemption Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:43 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by stenulf
In order to book an award ticket on Qatar PC with a lap infant you need to select economy ticket in the search option ( don’t select premium cabin). Once you find the flight you want to be in, you choose business/first class. This way will let you book an award ticket with an infant in premium cabin.
Stenulf - have you in fact purchased a business class / premium cabin award ticket directly on Qatar PC using the above method? Meaning an adult ticket with infant lap ticket at time of purchase using avios on the Qatar app? I have identified the flight I want to take and there is availability. I am hesitant to transfer points to Avios without 100% certainty this exact booking method is achievable. I have read all of the threads and identified the exact approach you have described - selecting economy and then choosing business. It prices out the ticket including 10% add-on for the infant. I am yet to proceed to the next step of transferring points into the Avios system. Appreciate your response and details of your experience and hopefully success story.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:53 am

I have successfully booked my itinerary on Qatar PC in business on first sector followed with first class on second. I’m due to fly in two weeks but I have ticket confirmation (157 e-ticket) for us and the infant. If you want to be 100%, I can let you know if they let us board in two weeks time. But so far all looks good.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:07 am

I have successfully booked my itinerary on Qatar PC in business on first sector followed with first class on second. I’m due to fly in two weeks but I have ticket confirmation (157 e-ticket) for us and the infant. If you want to be 100%, I can let you know if they let us board in two weeks time. But so far all looks good.
This is great news. And I assume you did not have to speak to call center or live chat agent. Booking directly using the Qatar PC app worked seamlessly. The ticket confirmation shows the infant? Also, what seats did you select for the business class? Is the cabin Q-Suite? And are you trying to get a bassinet? Or are you looking to do the rear facing middle seats next to each other?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:16 am

deleted

Last edited by KingCanute; Jan 20, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dfriedmancb18
This is great news. And I assume you did not have to speak to call center or live chat agent. Booking directly using the Qatar PC app worked seamlessly. The ticket confirmation shows the infant? Also, what seats did you select for the business class? Is the cabin Q-Suite? And are you trying to get a bassinet? Or are you looking to do the rear facing middle seats next to each other?
Unfortunately I’m flying the first sector in the A350-9 without qsuite. But if there would have been qsuite, I’ve read that the joint middle seat is far better than a seat with bassinet. You can have the baby between you sleeping and still have plenty of room for yourself. Also with the seat in the up right position and walls closed, the baby can have some space to crawl/walk a little bit. However in first class I selected the seat with a bassinet, I don’t think we will use it as they are very small. I have requested it but from reading various forums it’s for very small infants, I think the maximum weight is 12kg but it’s the size of the bassinet that is more restricting. And I think we will be better off having him sleep in our seat instead.

i did not have to call any call center or live chat to issue the ticket. I did some calls before booking but depending on who answer they will either tell you infant is allowed or not. However I’ve heard that you might need to call/chat with them to unlock the couple seats. But maybe that was for people flying together on separate PNR.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:39 am

Thank you for the details. Please provide update after your trip. I would like to know how the check in and flight experience was throughout. Your response has been quite helpful.
stenulf likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:44 pm

​​​​​​
interested as well as I'm about to book for February 2025 using the "search for economy then select business" method in Qsuites. Backup plan is to wait a few more days and book with BA but curious if this will work
​​​​
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Unfortunately I’m flying the first sector in the A350-9 without qsuite. But if there would have been qsuite, I’ve read that the joint middle seat is far better than a seat with bassinet. You can have the baby between you sleeping and still have plenty of room for yourself. Also with the seat in the up right position and walls closed, the baby can have some space to crawl/walk a little bit. However in first class I selected the seat with a bassinet, I don’t think we will use it as they are very small. I have requested it but from reading various forums it’s for very small infants, I think the maximum weight is 12kg but it’s the size of the bassinet that is more restricting. And I think we will be better off having him sleep in our seat instead.

i did not have to call any call center or live chat to issue the ticket. I did some calls before booking but depending on who answer they will either tell you infant is allowed or not. However I’ve heard that you might need to call/chat with them to unlock the couple seats. But maybe that was for people flying together on separate PNR.
just returned from a trip back in Q suite with a 9momth old. 100% recommend middle seats.
cabin crew will make the double bed up whilst the plane is still climbing in order to maximise sleep for you all. Just ask when on the ground.

booked into mini cabin on A350 front row and there was no noise from the galley. It was an overnight flight from LHR so most folks are within first hour of lift off then went to bed.

return was on an 777 sat in row 3 middle. Again little noise from galley, little one crawled around when bed was made up.

Ensure you have e ticket numbers for lap infant as thai guarantees everything is setup on the y stem correctly.

I did booked via BAEC as I needed to use my household avios pool to book seats. Ended up calling the BAEC agent to add lap infant. 15% avios for infant.

where possible booked using PC Directly as if any issues Qatar agents on the ground can sort it out. Otherwise they make you call BAEC which has terrible customer service as all lines are busy!

hope this helps.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by dood125
just returned from a trip back in Q suite with a 9momth old. 100% recommend middle seats.
cabin crew will make the double bed up whilst the plane is still climbing in order to maximise sleep for you all. Just ask when on the ground.

booked into mini cabin on A350 front row and there was no noise from the galley. It was an overnight flight from LHR so most folks are within first hour of lift off then went to bed.

return was on an 777 sat in row 3 middle. Again little noise from galley, little one crawled around when bed was made up.

Ensure you have e ticket numbers for lap infant as thai guarantees everything is setup on the y stem correctly.

I did booked via BAEC as I needed to use my household avios pool to book seats. Ended up calling the BAEC agent to add lap infant. 15% avios for infant.

where possible booked using PC Directly as if any issues Qatar agents on the ground can sort it out. Otherwise they make you call BAEC which has terrible customer service as all lines are busy!

hope this helps.
Is there a reason why you didn't just add the infant when booking with BAEC? I see that there's an option on the app to do that for 10% of points + some taxes/fees
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Hi,

yes when booking a partner award via BAEC selecting infant throws up an errror.

I believe this bug may have been fixed by now…
I booked via the webpage as BA app is glitchy.

iif you have enough avios, booked directly via QR PC as this ensures any issues can be resolved with them directly.

I learnt this the hard way as has separate avios tickets for DOHA to Sharjah. Outbound was fine as flew first class so accessed Al safwa lounge.

on inbound my tickets did not have an e-ticket number. Most likely during the flight time changes over last few months something broke.
in the end blight avios tickets online whilst standing at the counter at Sharjah in order to get back to Doha on a later fight that evening!

luckily my 9month old was sleeping. QR Agents tried their best by as it was a BAEC booking they were blocked. They took pity and blocked the sit off next to us as we were flying back in economy.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by dood125
Hi,

yes when booking a partner award via BAEC selecting infant throws up an errror.

I believe this bug may have been fixed by now…
I booked via the webpage as BA app is glitchy.

iif you have enough avios, booked directly via QR PC as this ensures any issues can be resolved with them directly.

I learnt this the hard way as has separate avios tickets for DOHA to Sharjah. Outbound was fine as flew first class so accessed Al safwa lounge.

on inbound my tickets did not have an e-ticket number. Most likely during the flight time changes over last few months something broke.
in the end blight avios tickets online whilst standing at the counter at Sharjah in order to get back to Doha on a later fight that evening!

luckily my 9month old was sleeping. QR Agents tried their best by as it was a BAEC booking they were blocked. They took pity and blocked the sit off next to us as we were flying back in economy.
Not sure if booking J with QR PC Avios is smooth either as the only way to do it is to use the trick listed above from stenulf but fingers crossed
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:28 pm

Premium / Business on Qatar with Infant reward ticket

Thought I would update all on here....I just booked one way premium / business class (BOS -> DOH -> JNB) directly on QR PC for two adults and an infant using Avios Points. Completed the transaction on the Qatar PC website instead of using the App. Method was very smooth. First, I identified the flight that worked for me. Then I did the search again by searching toggling economy (2 adult + 1 infant) and once the flight came up I then selected the premium/business fare for the available flight. I transferred the Avios points from Amex to my linked British Airways / Qatar PC account. The transfer occurred instantly. I then clicked continue with the flights with the appropriate # of Avios now in my account. Entered passenger information for each adult and infant. Then selected seats - one flight is A350 Q-Suite and the other is 787 Dreamliner Reverse Herringbone.....95,000 points per adult and 9,500 points for infant....$210 fee per adult.....no fees for infant. Received confirmation with 157 # for each passenger and infant.... Very good value...only wish there was a transfer bonus promotion running right now but beggars can't be choosers....certainly beats the alternative option of high points and $$ fees on BAEC, FlyBlue, Virgin, United, Delta, etc.
littlevoices likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thank you for the details. Please provide update after your trip. I would like to know how the check in and flight experience was throughout. Your response has been quite helpful.
I just completed the outbound journey and it all went very smooth. The check in was without any problem whatsoever and they had actually blocked two seats at the front in the A350-9 with the super diamond seats if we wanted to have those seats with a bassinet. We ended up changing to those seats.
Our child fitted in it but the only downside is if there is the slightest turbulence they make you pick the baby up until the fasten seat belt sign is off again. So it worked better for us to just let him sleep next to us instead.
So nothing to worry about and enjoy your flights!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thought I would update all on here....I just booked one way premium / business class (BOS -> DOH -> JNB) directly on QR PC for two adults and an infant using Avios Points. Completed the transaction on the Qatar PC website instead of using the App. Method was very smooth. First, I identified the flight that worked for me. Then I did the search again by searching toggling economy (2 adult + 1 infant) and once the flight came up I then selected the premium/business fare for the available flight. I transferred the Avios points from Amex to my linked British Airways / Qatar PC account. The transfer occurred instantly. I then clicked continue with the flights with the appropriate # of Avios now in my account. Entered passenger information for each adult and infant. Then selected seats - one flight is A350 Q-Suite and the other is 787 Dreamliner Reverse Herringbone.....95,000 points per adult and 9,500 points for infant....$210 fee per adult.....no fees for infant. Received confirmation with 157 # for each passenger and infant.... Very good value...only wish there was a transfer bonus promotion running right now but beggars can't be choosers....certainly beats the alternative option of high points and $$ fees on BAEC, FlyBlue, Virgin, United, Delta, etc.
I will add my own experience as well. Just booked a one way DOH-JFK for 2 adults and 1 infant using QR Avios (transferred from BA). I used the Qatar Privilege Club website and was actually able to search 2 adults 1 infant in business class and it didn't give any errors. Infant is 10% in points and fees. Received 157# for each passenger as well. Happy travels!
Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:19 pm

What phone number did you call? I seem to be routed to India every time!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.