Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Adding Infant to Business Class Redemption Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Has Qatar changed their policies and not allowing infant to be added to Business class redemption ticket? Spoke to 2 different rep from live chat and both told me it is not possible to add infant to business class redemption ticket. Ironically, one said I can only add infant to economy class redemption ticket.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I've previously read here on the board that it really depends which callcenter you're connected to. Seems the US one was more helpful to do this but YMMV.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I've read it too and it was an issue on QR tickets redeemed via AA. Now I'm redeeming directly from Qatar and got this issue!
Called the hotline twice and both representatives told me the same thing, no infant on business class award tickets! Looks like Qatar don't accept infants on Business class.
AAtticus likes this.

Last edited by ahdibuao; Jan 4, 2024 at 7:32 am
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Hi , I booked my now 9month old into busienss but had to do it via BA executive club.

transfer your avios to them and book two adults first. Thank call BAEC team and they will manually add infant as lap.

how this helps!
PM if you need any further assistance.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
This is the relevant thread. It appears to be a very painful case of HUCA... sorry to say that the BA Executive Club route is way easier: How do I add an infant to a QR flight booked at Asia Miles
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

At my wits end as I’m not sure BA will entertain me as my ticket is redeemed directly via QR.

And QR agents are parroting this policy:

Please be advised that this policy is as current policy on Award booking. As mentioned below: -Infants are allowed to be booked in the Economy cabin only for an award/redemption booking -Adult should be holding an award Economy class ticket which is marketed and operated on Qatar Airways.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:46 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
If the ticket is already booked I think the only thing you can try are different QR agents.
Not sure if you can cancel the award ticket, then have the availability come back (not guaranteed), then rebook it through a partner...Too many moving parts here so probably not a feasible solution.
The last option I guess is purchasing a cash fare for the infant with its own seat...
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:40 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
It’s not correct that you can’t add an infant to a J redemption ticket, unless they changed their policy very recently. I booked a redemption in J with a lap infant a couple of weeks ago online. Hardest part was the payment process, but that’s a different topic here.

I would try a few more times with different agents. If that doesn’t work, cancelling and booking online through the app (not the website) seems the best option. But as mentioned above there is a serious risk you won’t be able to book the exact same seats.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Called Qatar US hotline and the agent was able to sort out my issue.

The agent at first said based on policy it is not possible to add infant to award business class tickets but he will need to create a separate revenue ticket for my infant and tag it to my award ticket. Voila, my issues are resolved now!
AAtticus and littlevoices like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:56 am

Good for you!

What did you pay for the infant ticket? 10% of the points of the award ticket?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by regtur
Good for you!

Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by regtur
Good for you!

it was 15%, not sure why though. But I’m glad I’m able to get the tickets sorted
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:04 am

Strange, but I understand you agreed.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:44 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by ahdibuao
Called Qatar US hotline and the agent was able to sort out my issue.

The agent at first said based on policy it is not possible to add infant to award business class tickets but he will need to create a separate revenue ticket for my infant and tag it to my award ticket. Voila, my issues are resolved now!
that's the right way of doing it.

Lap Infant is always a separate ticket when the adult ticket is a redemption ticket, at least for most airlines. The agent can tag the ticket together.

However, if some changes happen to the adult redemption ticket, it will become complicated depending on how the adult redemption ticket is handled. the lap infant ticket may have to change/rebook to be able to tag to the changed redemption ticket.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:56 am

In order to book an award ticket on Qatar PC with a lap infant you need to select economy ticket in the search option ( don’t select premium cabin). Once you find the flight you want to be in, you choose business/first class. This way will let you book an award ticket with an infant in premium cabin.
clsdn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.