Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on Qatar classic fare with BA Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on Qatar classic fare with BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 5:43 am

One more point: the LHR-DOH flights are QSuite flights on outbound and return. All middle seat selections are shown as block/occupied on the AT website so I could only select aisle seats. I have no idea whether all these seats have been occupied by travelers this far in advance, or whether that is a real restriction for everybody who is in my situation: BA flight numbers, that have been booked onto I class on QR.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
One more point: the LHR-DOH flights are QSuite flights on outbound and return. All middle seat selections are shown as block/occupied on the AT website so I could only select aisle seats. I have no idea whether all these seats have been occupied by travelers this far in advance, or whether that is a real restriction for everybody who is in my situation: BA flight numbers, that have been booked onto I class on QR.
The quad seats are reserved for parties of 3 or 4. Bookings with 1 or 2 pax are blocked from choosing them.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
I recently made a booking on BA.com for a return trip LHR - DOH - SEZ. All flights were booked in Biz class, on BA flight numbers. I am not able to select seats on the BA site or the QR or AY sites. The RJ site did work but not for all flights as crucially, it didn't show seat availability, just the seat map so whenever I selected an unavailable seat, an error message was generated. I don't know if this is a usual defect, or was due to the fact that I was connected via my work VPN. Anyway, I then tried on the AT (Royal Air Maroc) site, while still on the VPN, and I could easily see seat availability for all the flights. I selected the seats and then clicked on "continue", which saved the seat selection.
I am OWE.
Thanks for the tip. Royal Air Maroc site worked for me too.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok so I can only get the side seats and not the middle as we are a family of 4 and my 6yr old is no way going to sit in a side qsuite by herself. Called up Qatar and the CS rep said he can't allocate me a seat as the system doesn't allow it on R class bookings even if I am a silver elite. Any advice?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Ok so I can only get the side seats and not the middle as we are a family of 4 and my 6yr old is no way going to sit in a side qsuite by herself. Called up Qatar and the CS rep said he can't allocate me a seat as the system doesn't allow it on R class bookings even if I am a silver elite. Any advice?
Assuming you mean QRPC Silver (which is not on your profile), you are allowed to pre-select seats according to QR unbundles business class with new R fares.
I would advise you to HUCA (hang up and call again) until you get through to an agent that will allow that.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realgaga
Assuming you mean QRPC Silver (which is not on your profile), you are allowed to pre-select seats according to QR unbundles business class with new R fares.
I would advise you to HUCA (hang up and call again) until you get through to an agent that will allow that.
No I am a BA Silver so OW Sapphire. Does that not qualify?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
No I am a BA Silver so OW Sapphire. Does that not qualify?
Call again and speak to a different agent.
Normally, BA Silver ( non-QRPC oneworld Sapphire ) passengers are eligible for free seat selection.

By the way, yesterday, when I was rebooking a ticket through the hotline, the agent was unable to see my status at the first point and he apologized that there was a systemwide upgrade going on about seat selection so it took a while for him to select seat behalf of me. ( This was a booking in Y and the system originally asked me to pay for a bulkhead seat )
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Call again and speak to a different agent.
Normally, BA Silver ( non-QRPC oneworld Sapphire ) passengers are eligible for free seat selection.

By the way, yesterday, when I was rebooking a ticket through the hotline, the agent was unable to see my status at the first point and he apologized that there was a systemwide upgrade going on about seat selection so it took a while for him to select seat behalf of me. ( This was a booking in Y and the system originally asked me to pay for a bulkhead seat )
Three phone calls later still no luck. The last phone call was the most annoying she simply refused blank saying they can't allocate seats on BA etickets. Honestly makes me wonder how much training they must go through when they can't get the basics right.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As your ticket is a BA ticket, could you please verify that your BA Silver status is visible on the QR website when you are logging in to "Manage Booking"?

You could see if the number is there after pressing "Update Passenger Details" which would be on the toolbar located on the right-hand side of the screen. If not, try to add your BA Silver FFP # over there.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As your ticket is a BA ticket, could you please verify that your BA Silver status is visible on the QR website when you are logging in to "Manage Booking"?

You could see if the number is there after pressing "Update Passenger Details" which would be on the toolbar located on the right-hand side of the screen. If not, try to add your BA Silver FFP # over there.
Yep it was there. 4th try...... The guy was quite good, he noted that I was reflecting as a Silver and should be possible but he couldn't do it for some reason.

Is there still a QR rep on FT?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep it was there. 4th try...... The guy was quite good, he noted that I was reflecting as a Silver and should be possible but he couldn't do it for some reason.

Is there still a QR rep on FT?
Yes, goingplacestogether should still be on FT.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, goingplacestogether should still be on FT.
Thank you
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:35 am

Just my observation on this as BA Gold and having bought a pair of 'R' tickets for my partner (also BA Gold) and I.

At time of booking (through AMEX travel) we were able to select seats. Once booking made and confirmed, I went to Qatar MMB on both app and website and was not able to edit seats. However, next day through the app I was able to edit seats. Perhaps there is a nightly batch process in place that we need to wait to complete before having ability to edit seats.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: GGLfL
Three phone calls later still no luck. The last phone call was the most annoying she simply refused blank saying they can't allocate seats on BA etickets. Honestly makes me wonder how much training they must go through when they can't get the basics right.
I have the same issue. BA issued ticket, all flights at BA codeshares. The system allocated seats, but I cannot change/view them on QR MMB. Likewise, the QR phone agents told me that seat selection is not possible on BA codeshares and I need to wait for OLCI. They insist there is not a separate operating PNR, but it is all on a single PNR. Although another agent told me that a QR PNR is issued just ahead of OLCI opening, which allows access to the seat map only then.

I have been able to select seats using AT MMC, but the middle seats are blocked. I believe, once they split a set of 4 into 2 pairs, we should be able to move to a free pair? Although that would only work if they show as unblocked. If split pairs can only be allocated over the phone, then it doesn't looks it will be possible except at OLCI. Unless anyone has any other advice?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
I have the same issue. BA issued ticket, all flights at BA codeshares. The system allocated seats, but I cannot change/view them on QR MMB. Likewise, the QR phone agents told me that seat selection is not possible on BA codeshares and I need to wait for OLCI. They insist there is not a separate operating PNR, but it is all on a single PNR. Although another agent told me that a QR PNR is issued just ahead of OLCI opening, which allows access to the seat map only then.

I have been able to select seats using AT MMC, but the middle seats are blocked. I believe, once they split a set of 4 into 2 pairs, we should be able to move to a free pair? Although that would only work if they show as unblocked. If split pairs can only be allocated over the phone, then it doesn't looks it will be possible except at OLCI. Unless anyone has any other advice?
Other than HUACA and filling out the feedback form on the QR website, there is nothing that I could advise other than wait until OLCI.
Log in to OLCI 48 hours before departure, if it doesn't work, go to the airport early.

By the way, your issue is not the same as the poster that you quoted.
onlysuites booked a QR "R" fare bucket ticket, you have booked a BA marketed ticket on QR flights which are different things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.