FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat selection on Qatar classic fare with BA Gold
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:00 am
MrSimonR

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Three phone calls later still no luck. The last phone call was the most annoying she simply refused blank saying they can't allocate seats on BA etickets. Honestly makes me wonder how much training they must go through when they can't get the basics right.
I have the same issue. BA issued ticket, all flights at BA codeshares. The system allocated seats, but I cannot change/view them on QR MMB. Likewise, the QR phone agents told me that seat selection is not possible on BA codeshares and I need to wait for OLCI. They insist there is not a separate operating PNR, but it is all on a single PNR. Although another agent told me that a QR PNR is issued just ahead of OLCI opening, which allows access to the seat map only then.

I have been able to select seats using AT MMC, but the middle seats are blocked. I believe, once they split a set of 4 into 2 pairs, we should be able to move to a free pair? Although that would only work if they show as unblocked. If split pairs can only be allocated over the phone, then it doesn't looks it will be possible except at OLCI. Unless anyone has any other advice?