Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on Qatar classic fare with BA Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on Qatar classic fare with BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I’m facing the same issue. BA issued tickets for a group of 5 on QR operated flights. BA Gold/OWE.

QR has ‘allocated’ us seats all down the side but won’t allow us to change them or move to the quads which we clearly want.

They keep saying that I’m on a classic fare and seat selection isn’t allowed. Yet they’ve allocated...
Old May 21, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Wanted to add another data point here and also curious if anyone had positive resolution.

Booked paid Business Classic Fare through QR on QR (AS not officially part of OW when I made the res). My AS FFN is attached, which is equal to OW Emerald. Any time I try to select seats, I'm prompted with a paywall. I confirmed my FFN is attached via passenger details and I even removed and re-inserted via AY.

Called regular hotline today, forwarded to PC hotline and the CSR stated my FFN was not on the res (why it shows on QR's website, but not visible on his end is a mystery). He inserted it to see my Emerald status, but still could not select seats with being prompted to pay. He said he'd make a note to put us together at OLCI, which I'm skeptical makes any difference at all seeing as how agents don't have anything to do with OLCI. He initially said seat selection wasn't available on R fares.

I politely pressed just a little more saying that isn't the case for Emerald, he put me on hold to investigate, and came back saying he was submitting a ticket for the problem and to try selecting seats again in 96 hours. I always imagine CSR's have magic buttons on their end to make things happen, but in this case he said he couldn't override the paywall even though he agreed I should be able to select seats. Hoping this resolves the issue, but not putting much stock in it. Would love to sit together with my wife and was hoping for the seats facing the bulkhead so I don't have to be eye to eye with strangers every time someone gets up from in front of us.

Trip is still 6 months away, so plenty of time to get it worked out if I have to keep repeating this process.
Old May 22, 2021, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
I always imagine CSR's have magic buttons on their end to make things happen, but in this case he said he couldn't override the paywall even though he agreed I should be able to select seats.
Just a small data point that those magic fee waive buttons are generally specific to US based airlines and you might not see them at all on the ME3 and the other Gulf area carriers.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just a small data point that those magic fee waive buttons are generally specific to US based airlines and you might not see them at all on the ME3 and the other Gulf area carriers.
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

It all worked out eventually. A few hours after the ticket was submitted, I was able to select seats without paying a fee. I intended to wait the full 96 hours, but went into the reservation again to see if I could actually get passenger details to stick when entered.

So, seat selection problem solved. Now just have to figure out how to get passport info and other details to remain after I click Save/Submit.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
Now just have to figure out how to get passport info and other details to remain after I click Save/Submit.
I really wouldn't stress about passport info, you don't have to submit that in advance, it's just a convenience if you can and might permit OLCI if it's present. But with current operations you probably need to go to check in and will be quickly enough resolved at the desk with a swipe of your passport if it's still needed.
Old May 30, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Just a QR ticket to HKG in Business class R, introduced my BA emerald number and could select my seats during booking without any fees.
docsxx and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:50 pm

Me and my spouse have two separate reservations on Qatar (bought on qatar website, qatar ticket, qatar metal), for R-fare. We needed to make two different reservations because our return flight is different, but outbound is on the same plane.

I am OneWorld Emerald, spouse is OneWorld Ruby, both via alaska-airlines. Is there any way at all to select the middle two seats together, for free? If first or second qatar agent says no when i call, is it a case of hangup call again?
Given that our outbound flight is same but inbound is different, is there any way at all to link the two PNRs so I can use my oneworld emerald status to help select seats on both?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Me and my spouse have two separate reservations on Qatar (bought on qatar website, qatar ticket, qatar metal), for R-fare. We needed to make two different reservations because our return flight is different, but outbound is on the same plane.

I am OneWorld Emerald, spouse is OneWorld Ruby, both via alaska-airlines. Is there any way at all to select the middle two seats together, for free? If first or second qatar agent says no when i call, is it a case of hangup call again?
Given that our outbound flight is same but inbound is different, is there any way at all to link the two PNRs so I can use my oneworld emerald status to help select seats on both?
Try logging onto Royal Air Maroc and see if you can change your seats on their website, that’s what I did and the seats have already registered in my account on the BA app
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have had my best customer sevice with QR via WhatsApp! They're pretty quick to respond. The whole BA Gold/OneWorld thing appears massively buggy. But a quick WhatsApp and they're normally sort the seats out for you.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unless I'm missing something - your link shows OW Emerald gets free seat selection ?

edit - did you amend your post ?!
This chart needs to be updated - as a One World Ruby (through alaska airlines) I was able to select a free seat on business class R fare. Didn't need to pay any $
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nomiiiii

The centre seats are generally only bookable if there are two or more passengers in the PNR. I suggest you need to call up and get the PNRs linked and seats allocated manually.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hello. Been trying to find guidance on Qatar Seat Selection as a BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald on a Economy Avios reward booking made through BA on a 125 ticket showing as X class on Qatar website. Online seat selection is only shown for a fee for each leg and I can't work out if this is correct. My understanding and looking on their website is that OWE get free seat selection on any ticket. I've called up and after a long wait the agent said they'd have to look into it further before putting me on hold and cutting me off so wanted to check here before i subject myself to a long hold time that i'm right to expect free seat selection?

(Meant to add - i've tried also seat selection on RAM, AY etc. and seat map showing all seats blocked)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.