Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QRPC displaying phantom availability for redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QRPC displaying phantom availability for redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: QR Plat ( Y-Commuter)
If Qatar Airways have a way for its customers to secure upgrades before buying economytickets it would been stated in their terms and posters here on FT would have pointed in that direction long time ago.
There are no such wordings and many here takes normal Q-Miles as redemption for a guarnteed upgrade availability. Normal miles, instead of X2, does for sure increase the chance to successful upgrade before reaching the airport but can not be taken as granted. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards
Flying Bosun
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Flying Bosun
Normal miles, instead of X2, does for sure increase the chance to successful upgrade before reaching the airport but can not be taken as granted. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Well unfortunately it looks like you are correct. The issue is that many people previously spread information that U-class availability was the same for upgrades and mileage redemptions, in fact it might have been true at some point in the past but it does not look like it's true anymore. But we have not heard confirmation of this or clear explanation either which is why it remains unclear either way.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I have noticed, and it is discussed now on another thread in the Qatar section of FT, that QR are (and have been) removing vast swathes of redemption tickets across the board
​​​​​Some routes are Okay but others appear for a few days and then disappear again and I'm talking about every flight everyday for months and months !

They are up to something for sure.
It is extremely frustrating
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by ft101
For everyone else, it's been said JL or BA or AA sites can also display QR upgrade inventory. I have no accounts or mileage currency with any of these. Will I be able to join and identify upgrades as a beginner and, any particular one you would recommend?
BA can although it can be a pain. It's very easy to create an account. I think when I have had an active KVS account I was using a JL account to check availability. Again I just created a JL account, very simple.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Bosun
If Qatar Airways have a way for its customers to secure upgrades before buying economytickets it would been stated in their terms and posters here on FT would have pointed in that direction long time ago.
There definately isn't. I have spent too much time anxiously waiting on the phone as I buy a ticket with a QR customer services agent and then they go through the segments trying to process the upgrades which were there a few minutes ago when I last checked but which can be snapped up by someone else at any moment.

It is a stressful time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.