Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by KL808
On my call yesterday the gentleman mentioned that they got a memo that Thailand will open up on September 1. Take that with a grain of salt.

On a different matter I would like to ask you guys of an opinion where to credit these flights.

Ideally Id like to put it on Alaska, but not sure when they will join.

So that leaves me with either BA or AA.

BA i have bronze, but that doesn't matter since there seems to be no extra bonus. However, I do have a family account and all of us will travel together so thats a lot of points gathered together.

AA I have EXP, the rest dont have status. There is no family pooling, but when they finish this trip I think they will hit PLT status (AA reduced what is required) due to the distance and spend.

What do you guys think?

Currently it looks like AS will join OW at the end of Summer 2021.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/on...-join-oneworld
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Currently it looks like AS will join OW at the end of Summer 2021.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/on...-join-oneworld
Unfortunately my flights are before summer ends.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Unfortunately my flights are before summer ends.
I am thinking of switching my non-star alliance miles from AA over to AS as well. At this point, I would think long and hard about doing the same as AA has been really cheapening the redemption benefits in AAdvantage. Just my personal opinion. Over 90% of my flying is in business (at least it used to be until this spring ) so I don't value status.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Technically it is your obligation to make sure you comply with all health and visa regulations and the airlines has no responsibilities. QR has a rather generous waiver, but 'technically' its not an invol.
I'm not sure if you're joking (smiley face) or not. "Health and safety" regulations and emergency restrictions to combat a global pandemic are not the same thing.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
....Thailand will open up on September 1.
Still just a proposal, but,
  1. Phase Three: General tourists
  • Phase 3: Starting August 1
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:37 pm

Does anyone have any experience with using the 2 year ticket validity option? My flights in September were cancelled by QR and I'd like to just move the trip to next summer. I see on the Passenger Guidelines PDF it says under the section titled "Change Entire Travel on/before 31 December 2020" that they'll waive fare differences, but does this mean for travel completed by 31 December 2020 or just that I need to make the changes by 31 December 2020?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Matt777
Does anyone have any experience with using the 2 year ticket validity option? My flights in September were cancelled by QR and I'd like to just move the trip to next summer. I see on the Passenger Guidelines PDF it says under the section titled "Change Entire Travel on/before 31 December 2020" that they'll waive fare differences, but does this mean for travel completed by 31 December 2020 or just that I need to make the changes by 31 December 2020?
As currently written, it means all travel must be completed this year. QR could extend the policy to allow travel next year, and to cover trips originally booked for travel next year, but at this point they have not.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
As currently written, it means all travel must be completed this year. QR could extend the policy to allow travel next year, and to cover trips originally booked for travel next year, but at this point they have not.
Darn, thank you for that. For future reference, what do they mean when they say keep your ticket and they'll extend the validity for 2 years?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Still just a proposal, but,
  1. Phase Three: General tourists
  • Phase 3: Starting August 1
That's already out of date as I understand it and I'm reasonably sure tourists won't be allowed in from Aug 1st.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ft101
That's already out of date as I understand it and I'm reasonably sure tourists won't be allowed in from Aug 1st.
And further complications come from whatever conditions are imposed on entry, such as testing, certificates, quarantine.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Rang Qatar and was told that the policy for allowing a change in departure city within 500 miles for a change to non Q suites or/ and a change in schedule of more than 5 hours is no longer available . I really don’t want to spend 8 hrs in Doha in both directions so may very well cancel and get a full refund which they agree I can do .

if any one else hears Or experiences other wise please do let me know
Typical QR, making or changing the rules as they please. Might be worth calling back and asking again.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:26 am

Hi all,
can anyone advice me.
I am flying to Oslo through Doha but wanted to change for Berlin (safer when it comes to another outbreak as can travel by train) and read the policy once again. The booking is possible to change 14 AFTER (?) the booking and 3 days BEFORE the flight? Can I change it without any fare difference fee? It's the same class (S).

Will appreciate any response, thanks
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
Originally Posted by abielewi
Which city did she use? I am in the same situation. I want to rebook from DEL to DPS.
Sorry it took a while to come back to you. I was booked to ATQ and the agent couldn't find a distance to MLE. Said she looked at Delhi to MLE instead and then went ahead with the change.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by munchthepow
Sorry it took a while to come back to you. I was booked to ATQ and the agent couldn't find a distance to MLE. Said she looked at Delhi to MLE instead and then went ahead with the change.
Delhi for, well, Delhi, is easy: ATQ for Amritsar took some googling.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by bopi94
Hi all,
can anyone advice me.
I am flying to Oslo through Doha but wanted to change for Berlin (safer when it comes to another outbreak as can travel by train) and read the policy once again. The booking is possible to change 14 AFTER (?) the booking and 3 days BEFORE the flight? Can I change it without any fare difference fee? It's the same class (S).

Will appreciate any response, thanks
Yes, you can only change it 14 days after ticketing UNLESS (and I quote) 'the new departure date is within 14 days from the original ticket issue date where the 14 day restriction is waived, but must book in same QR RBD class'

If your flight is scheduled before 31st Dec 2020, difference in fare, taxes, fees, charges, surcharges and rebooking charges will be waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.