Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Given an allowance for how different systems calculate distance:
Kiev Bangkok is definitely IN,
Kiev Phnom Penh is on the edge,
Kiev Singapore is definitely OUT

Hey did anyone have any luck with HKT, and does that work out? I’d rather go to HKT than BKK. I’m not complaining and will stick with BKK if it gets too complicated. But I really hate Bangkok, it’s such a pit among a sea of so many other beautiful destinations and cities.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Have people been able to change dates when changing destinations, as well? Or are the dates pretty well locked in?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Have people been able to change dates when changing destinations, as well? Or are the dates pretty well locked in?
Date changes are not a problem. As long as your fare class is the same you're right to go. I kept my booking as the same dates so that it wasn't so dodgy but the lady I spoke to when I made the change of destination asked me what dates I wanted to change it to.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by TheNakedGuy
Date changes are not a problem. As long as your fare class is the same you're right to go. I kept my booking as the same dates so that it wasn't so dodgy but the lady I spoke to when I made the change of destination asked me what dates I wanted to change it to.
Its been reported that people have gotten agents to move them from R to C to D etc... Is the official policy still you have to remain in your fare class? But apparently not every agent abides by this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Its been reported that people have gotten agents to move them from R to C to D etc... Is the official policy still you have to remain in your fare class? But apparently not every agent abides by this.
This is their official policy “Rerouting for voluntary purposes (i.e. where there has been no flight disruption) is possible 14 (fourteen) days after making the booking. New flights must be booked in the same booking class (RBD), be operated by Qatar Airways via Doha only and can be changed within the same country of origin and/or within a 5,000 (five thousand) mile radius from the original destination booking. If the same booking class is not available, a fare and taxes difference may apply.”
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Wink

Originally Posted by TheNakedGuy
This is their official policy “Rerouting for voluntary purposes (i.e. where there has been no flight disruption) is possible 14 (fourteen) days after making the booking. New flights must be booked in the same booking class (RBD), be operated by Qatar Airways via Doha only and can be changed within the same country of origin and/or within a 5,000 (five thousand) mile radius from the original destination booking. If the same booking class is not available, a fare and taxes difference may apply.”
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Fare class change is only possible in case of "involuntary change", which fortunatly includes travel restriction
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JohnAx
That blocking really obfuscates the load - when I called about a month ago for 29 July from LAX the only E-F pair left was row 11, hardly my first choice.
EF seat map distinguishes between blocked and occupied.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Matt4
Fare class change is only possible in case of "involuntary change", which fortunatly includes travel restriction
So I'm curious about this one. With booking a ticket to Thailand, where foreign tourists are not allowed until further notice, would one be able to simply call in and claim an involuntary change?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
EF seat map distinguishes between blocked and occupied.
Indeed. And I expected the "blocked" seats were being reserved for the likes of me and my wife, waiting for me to call and ask. So maybe the were being reserved for pax sporting booking codes fancier than "I". In any case despite most of the prime real estate showing "blocked" the agent would not offer anything better than that last row.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:34 pm

So I'm curious about this one. With booking a ticket to Thailand, where foreign tourists are not allowed until further notice, would one be able to simply call in and claim an involuntary change?
It would most certainly depend on when you are booked to travel. If it is soon and QR could be certain the borders will be closed then most probably yes.

If you are booked to travel in a few months then probably not as nobody can be certain which borders will be open or closed that far in advance, despite media speculation.

​​​​​​So if you are booked to travel in, say, November and wanted to change it now it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that might be classed as a voluntary change at this stage, with the applicable restrictions.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:06 pm

Hello,

I'm quite confused about this policy tbh as everyone here have had different experiences. I hope you guys can help me out a little bit
I called Qatar 2 times and those 2 times i spoke with different agents who told me that i would have to pay difference in fare if the flight i changed to is more expensive. Which is really confusing IMO . If the flight i want to change to has the same booking class but is more expensive do i have to pay the difference in fare?
I would like to know if i can change my flight from Angeles City (CRK) to Sydney (SYD). My flight from Europe to Angeles city is booked in Economy Promo fare booking class (W)
The distance between Angeles city and Sydney is ~4000 Miles. I have found flights to Sydney in the same booking class (W) around the same dates. I booked my flight on Online Travel Agency
Do you guys think i can change my flight to Sydney?

Last edited by nuyhtg6tuvbyiuo; Jul 26, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:48 pm

nuyhtg6tuvbyiuo - it could be one of a few things.

Some of the very lowest promo fare buckets available online are not available to the call centre staff, so they may have to reprice you into a higher fare bucket (eg. They may not have access to W fares)

Based on the current guidelines, if any of your travel is after 31st December 2020 your changes will be repriced.

Or they may disagree that the change is under 5,000 miles and so are repricing.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:00 pm

Link to QR detailed flights availability page?

An email from QR a month or two ago included a link a passenger could use to search for replacement flights, and it seemed comprehensive and easy to use. (By 'comprehensive' I mean IIRC it included available booking codes along with schedule etc.)

I thought I'd saved the link but can't find it, and the QR schedule/calendar page that I did find seems inclusive of all their flights but didn't obviously include fare information. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Indeed. And I expected the "blocked" seats were being reserved for the likes of me and my wife, waiting for me to call and ask. So maybe the were being reserved for pax sporting booking codes fancier than "I". In any case despite most of the prime real estate showing "blocked" the agent would not offer anything better than that last row.
An email from QR a month or two ago included a link a passenger could use to search for replacement flights, and it seemed comprehensive and easy to use. (By 'comprehensive' I mean IIRC it included available booking codes along with schedule etc.)

I thought I'd saved the link but can't find it, and the QR schedule/calendar page that I did find seems inclusive of all their flights but didn't obviously include fare information. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I never saw such an email. That sounds very useful. About when was it sent? (I can hunt for mail from QR).
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:56 pm

From what QR has been saying on Twitter, since were not allowed to currently travel to our destinations (Thailand) we can change the dates and fare classes and even destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.