Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by bhavit
Hi all - I have a business class booking from US to India purchased through qatar airways.com. Alaska just sent me a promo code for qatar airways for $550 off a business ticket on QR.

I've heard nightmares about getting refunds - anyone have any experience and can you advise?

I'd love to save a few $$$
If your current itinerary includes qsuites, I would say that's a cheap $500 upgrade for the best busines seat in the sky. Otherwise, yeah I see your point. In another thread I just read about refunds taking about 2 weeks to come back to the card, so it's definitely not immediate.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Wanderwithme
Qatar notified me that my 7am flight to NBO is no longer available and they changed it to the one that gets in at 2:30pm. That means that now I have a 15 hour layover in Doha and will have to layover in NBO since I will miss my flight to the mara. I will have to reduce my safari by one night. They also changed my return flight from SEZ from 6pm to 11:55pm, so I will have to try and get a late departure from the hotel.
I've had this trip planned for almost three years and was meticulous with the timing. Any chance they bring the 7am flight back before I change my hotels?
Depending on how much time you have before your trip, you may want to wait in case they make more changes. It would be bad to shuffle everything and then have to do it again.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Friday is not a weekday in Qatar, thus today and tomorrow, we shouldn't be seeing updates, although closer to 30 June, we might see updates regarding the future of the EoC policy.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Transportation Credit Voucher - help

I cancelled a ticket a couple of months back and received a Electronic Miscellaneous Document Receipt, elsewhere described as a Transportation Credit Voucher. I just tried to use to upgrade (by re-pricing/re-issue) an economy ticket, purchased yesterday. After getting through to the Doha call centre, the agent told me I could only use the voucher to rebook a ticket on the same route and it couldn't be used to pay the fare difference on an upgrade, I asked him to double check, but while holding my call was dropped.

He seemed to be struggling with the first part of the request, rebooking and calculating the fare difference, and I am hoping it was just all getting a but much for him, but is it possible I have been issued with some more limited credit? It has detail of the ticket number it has been exchanged for but no other reference to the routing. It's not an especially clear document.

Many thanks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Dan72
I cancelled a ticket a couple of months back and received a Electronic Miscellaneous Document Receipt, elsewhere described as a Transportation Credit Voucher. I just tried to use to upgrade (by re-pricing/re-issue) an economy ticket, purchased yesterday. After getting through to the Doha call centre, the agent told me I could only use the voucher to rebook a ticket on the same route and it couldn't be used to pay the fare difference on an upgrade, I asked him to double check, but while holding my call was dropped.

He seemed to be struggling with the first part of the request, rebooking and calculating the fare difference, and I am hoping it was just all getting a but much for him, but is it possible I have been issued with some more limited credit? It has detail of the ticket number it has been exchanged for but no other reference to the routing. It's not an especially clear document.

Many thanks.
The EMD is not bound to a specific routing, and can be used for ancillaries and upgrades. It sounds like the agent doesn't have much ticketing experience, try calling again.
Dan72 and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by realgaga
The EMD is not bound to a specific routing, and can be used for ancillaries and upgrades. It sounds like the agent doesn't have much ticketing experience, try calling again.
Many thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. Things change quickly and I was worried that I had missed something.
SamirD and realgaga like this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:27 am

Just to add a reference point. I got my refund in 5 days in the US of A.

Saved $2500 rebooking
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:16 am

Hi, does anyone have experience using the EOC policy to refund a ticket that is bought using cash + EMD? I'm wondering if it'll refund back into cash + EMD or will it be all cash to the original form of payment? Thanks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Are we able to change dates without fare differences and penalties as long as we keep our destinations and origins? Or date changes subject to fare differences?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Are we able to change dates without fare differences and penalties as long as we keep our destinations and origins? Or date changes subject to fare differences?
Fare differences are only waived for involuntary changes that meet the criteria as stated in the EOC policy, eg. cancellation, MCT violation. All voluntary changes will only have the rebooking fee waived.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
Hi, does anyone have experience using the EOC policy to refund a ticket that is bought using cash + EMD? I'm wondering if it'll refund back into cash + EMD or will it be all cash to the original form of payment? Thanks.
To answer my own question, QR called back and said that both the cash and EMD amounts will be refunded to the original form of payment (Eg. card), but in 2 transactions.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Tldr you can change dates while keeping OD the same and only pay fare difference.
​​​​​​​
I changed dates on both ends while keeping both destinations the same. I ended up paying a fare difference on one leg because the fare was different. No other additional charges. Their website is bonkers and have a bad back end so I had to call in to make the changes. Be prepared to spend an hour on the phone and think of it like the 90s. No phone trees or triage chart, just dial customer service, wait on the phone for an absurd time and read a book or something and leave your phone on the background. When they do pick up you just tell them what you want and they do it for you over the phone. Due to their clunky technical capabilities the agent will make the changes for you but you need to sign back online to input cc info and pay for the changes. Another thing of note is that the agent can't hang up the phone until you hang up. The computer code won't allow them too. So there i was typing in my cc number to confirm the ticket when he said "can you please hang up. I can't go until you hang up and we're not supposed to stay on after we've made the changes." Really...? So if you're really ticked you can keep them on the phone forever and it doesn't seem like there is a "manager" or another department they can transfer you to, nor do they have the option to hang up of their own volition. Only the customer can end the conversation. So if you're wondering why the long wait times on the phone, I surmise it's because of this reason and because it seems they only have a global call center, despite the various regional toll free numbers.
WillTravelforTea and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:59 pm

Are we able to make involuntary changes online or do we have to call in?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hsumh316
Are we able to make involuntary changes online or do we have to call in?
You need to call in.
SamirD and hsumh316 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Refund to Credit Card or Voucher?

Hi,

I am thinking of booking a one way DFW-DOH-DXB for my family and I in business class in December. I looked for flights on Qatar's website and found flights I needed. I had 2 questions:

1. The fare rules for the ticket state that there is a $390 cancellation penalty per ticket. When I called QR call center they said that there is 0 cancellation fee. Is this because of the COVID policy?

2. The website indicates that refund will be by voucher, but the same call center agent said I could choose to get a refund back to my credit card with 0 fees as long as I booked the ticket by June 30th. Can someone validate if this is the case.

Thanks,
Kaushik
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.