Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR..What a dirty trick..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It's QR all over. Ill thought through, plain deceitful & just very wrong. I suspect concocted by overpaid consultants & bright young graduates, erm, I mean "management"
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC
I agree this is very much below the belt in terms of the way it is being done. It will be even worse if comparison websites now pick up on the mixed class offer as 'business class' and customers unwittingly get sold something they didn't fully appreciate the limitations.

However the principle of offering a mixed cabin itinerary is an interesting development, and booking engines typically make it difficult to achieve this. If they were to give a selection window where it showed a range of prices between economy and business and inside that option you could choose which sector was in which class and get pricing change based on your selection, I think that would be a sensible development.

So the way it's being done looks underhand and wrong, but the opportunity to offer mixed cabin bookings is interesting.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Just to add to my own earlier comment ....... what I find particularly unpleasant about this new practice is that it contrasts so dramatically with the leading-edge standards set by QR’s onboard passenger experience.

It really is a great inflight J class product, and very rarely do I have cause for disappointment when flying Qatar. If it happened on certain other carriers which have a tendency to play fast & loose with website words & imagery versus reality, it would perhaps be more understandable. But ..... please QR ..... there is no need for you to do this ....
Mountlodge likes this.

Last edited by subject2load; Feb 23, 2020 at 3:22 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
having a similar issue with one leg on aer Lingus.
Qatar showed as business class but i've checked with aer Lingus they said that this is the basic economy saver, I couldn't even select my seat, priority boarding, lounge access, fast track etc.

I understand this a320 fleet is listed as an all-economy fleet but on aer Lingus but there is a package called aerspace which guarantees a front row, with the middle seat emptied, fast track, priority boarding, lounge access etc which could be an alternative to what a business class is.

I've called the global hotline they said yeh it's economy.. so I complained to them and they referred me to the customer services team, further to the support team. its been more than 3 weeks without any replies. amazing customer service this
GalaxyChris likes this.

Last edited by manucanuck; Feb 23, 2020 at 5:43 am
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by dici
Well, they do mention it is multiple cabin....
Multiple times. Not getting the outage here.
dodgeflyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
But what does 'multiple cabins' mean to your average punter looking for a good deal for their holiday (not members of the forum). The fact that the flight is split into two sectors might be thought to mean they are going to sit in two different cabins, not implausible. Terminology like 'mixed Business and Economy' might be more transparent.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I agreed it's mentioned multiple times, so legally it might be safe, but in terms if beaing sneaking it's up there. Likewise, the title is "dirty tricks", not "outright theft and human suffering beyond a reasonable doubt and well within illegal markering". But in my book this is well within just being one more thing to look out for, and that is not being friendly to your customers.

-A
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Also I'm bombarded with QR ads on every web page I visit advertising OSL SIN business from 11800 nok (which turns out to have the longest of the flight in economy)
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by nick5000
Also I'm bombarded with QR ads on every web page I visit advertising OSL SIN business from 11800 nok (which turns out to have the longest of the flight in economy)
Thats fixable, add adblockers to your browser. I cna't imagine having to deal with the interwebz without adblockers.

-A
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:52 am

Programs: Some
So this has effectively rendered QR’s ‘Latest flight deals’ page and also email marketing completely useless, received an email overnight from QR claiming they are selling LHR-DPS in J for £1,803 and LHR-AKL in J for £2,142. On clicking through it is, of course, a complete and utter lie and the offer is for ‘multiple cabin’ with the longer flight in Y.

This kind of **** is why I’d rather fly EK and WY these days.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:23 am

I got excited by a £1600 business return fare to Seychelles and found the same - mixed cabin. DOH-SEZ overnight in economy on a ticket showing as a business class ticket! Is this just click bait? And misrepresentation? Surely it would fail advertising standards here in the UK. I have now unsubscribed to their utterly misleading and potentially fraudulent emails. I hope this backfires on Qatar Airways. And anyway with BA introducing a very nice new business class product I have less reason to use them...oh and there's Emirates of course, still my favourite long haul option heading East.....
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Thats fixable, add adblockers to your browser. I cna't imagine having to deal with the interwebz without adblockers.

-A
Still on Android phone I have not found any way to block ads besides switching browser from Chrome.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by nick5000
I've installed ....... Plus on my laptop for free. Works pretty well.
ML

Last edited by Mountlodge; Feb 24, 2020 at 12:09 pm Reason: Forgot to mention........................ Some websites do block you if you have AdBlocker
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Just to add to my own earlier comment ....... what I find particularly unpleasant about this new practice is that it contrasts so dramatically with the leading-edge standards set by QR’s onboard passenger experience.

It really is a great inflight J class product, and very rarely do I have cause for disappointment when flying Qatar. If it happened on certain other carriers which have a tendency to play fast & loose with website words & imagery versus reality, it would perhaps be more understandable. But ..... please QR ..... there is no need for you to do this ....
AA Have done this in the past with HNL segments to either LAX, PHX and vice-versa. Admittedly it is the shorter segment when flying out of Europe to LAX or PHX then connecting.

ML
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Mountlodge - not much of an AA user myself these days (nothing against them .... just don’t have cause to book with them).

Doesn’t really matter how many (or which) other carriers are doing this sort of thing - it’s still wrong, however you look at it.
Mountlodge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.