Wiki Posts
Search

QR..What a dirty trick..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
QR..What a dirty trick..

Was looking for a flight and noticed some good offers (14000, NOK approx 1400 euro OSL-SYD RT). However, one must read very carefully the small prints ...Those of us who are frequent travelers will immediately notice this . However, I'm afraid many people will fall into this trap...
Be aware my friends ..

Last edited by toastedcafe; Feb 21, 2020 at 12:51 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Was looking for a flight and notice some good offers (14000, NOK approx 1400 euro OSL-SYD RT). However, one must ready very carefully the small prints ...Those of us who are frequent traveler will immediately notice this . However, I'm afraid many people will fall into this trap...
Be aware my friends ..

That's novel, and exceptionally irritating!

M
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Those extra 4500 NOK each way for DOH-SYD would be well worth it for busniess class.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I've seen that one, and I came across another one the other day whilst reading the full fare rules that I've not seen with other airlines before: basically there is a timeline during the 24 hours leading up to actual departure where they start having some fancy claims of what you owe them if you don't board or decide to self-offload and basically owe them a pile of money to be determined by them.

-A
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:48 pm

I have seen some creative routings listed as the cheapest J options recently too, including Oslo to Adelaide via Auckland, with the AKL-ADL sector in economy on Air New Zealand.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
This is very misguided on the part of QR, and I think whichever managers deemed it a satisfactory way to display fares need to take a long hard look at themselves. Sharp practice at best, bordering on outright deceit at worst .... regardless of what the ’small print’ caveat emptor says.

QR should stop this immediately
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
This is very misguided on the part of QR, and I think whichever managers deemed it a satisfactory way to display fares need to take a long hard look at themselves. Sharp practice at best, bordering on outright deceit at worst .... regardless of what the ’small print’ caveat emptor says.

QR should stop this immediately
I agree with other comments about QR's practice here. As a reaonably seaoned traveller it did take me a moment or two to work it out (from a non related bad experience many years ago I've learned to read the small print) and this is a little unscrupulous in my opinion. Still, the J fares from Europe to OZ and NZ and SE Asia are still good so make's me wonder why the heck QR are doing this?

MY 2pence worth
ML
toastedcafe, subject2load and NoY like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
That's incredibly misleading. Especially with the picture/description of A380 business class under "Your on-board experience" with SYD-DOH selected!
florin and seavisionburma like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Extremely poor and probably a fraud case! Reminds me of the 'Afternoon tea' without tea BA used to offer. By the way the SYD-DOH is about 15 hours and the DOH-OSL is 7 hours...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by ermis177
Extremely poor and probably a fraud case! Reminds me of the 'Afternoon tea' without tea BA used to offer. By the way the SYD-DOH is about 15 hours and the DOH-OSL is 7 hours...
That is exactly my point. You are getting cattle class on the longest segment of your trip , which is sold as "business". It would be the same as AF offering "business class" to Asia , but writing in in the small prints : Your flight from CDG to HND will be in economy...

shame on you QR...
NoY, seavisionburma and jonarnold1 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Extremely poor and probably a fraud case!
Fraud might be a stretch (it says "Multi cabin" several times and the final overview would show economy on two legs). It's misleading to a customer and poorly made (since a customer, overlooking the various warnings, will inevitably be disappointed when he flies).
iadisgreat and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:03 pm
S_B

Programs: QFF
Perhaps it's a OW thing? QF always do this sort of thing she. Redeeming award flights. You think you're getting a good bargain for Businessss, but read the note to find out that SYD to SIN is in economy and that SIN to BKK will be the business sector.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
How can this be legal?
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: Enrich
Well, they do mention it is multiple cabin....
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by gordon0808
How can this be legal?
I've always wondered how economy class can be legal in any circumstance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.