Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR..What a dirty trick..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
What if there is no business cabin on the NZ factor? Are you expecting QR to get NZ to suddenly create a business cabin?
I’m perplexed by your reasoning ......

The international sector operated by NZ (ADL-AKL), as referred to in the post you have quoted, will carry a business class cabin. No need to ‘create one’ - already done !
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
What if there is no business cabin on the NZ factor? Are you expecting QR to get NZ to suddenly create a business cabin?
I think my point in reference to this particular thread was that the ticket was sold as a business class fare but you had to dig quite deeply to see the NZ sector was actually in Y.

I have flown AKL-ADL on NZ actually. It used to be a narrow body with recliners in J but is now a 787 with their full long haul J seat.

More importantly though, why on earth are QR routing people pretty much over the top of ADL to fly 5 hours further away, and then all the way back again? I like a good mileage run every now and then but that definitely rang Greta alarm bells.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,Bonvoy Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
This is very misguided on the part of QR, and I think whichever managers deemed it a satisfactory way to display fares need to take a long hard look at themselves. Sharp practice at best, bordering on outright deceit at worst .... regardless of what the ’small print’ caveat emptor says.

QR should stop this immediately
just as a point of order, UA do this all the time on their website and app (you request business, they give you a mixed-class fare in the results, you have to see which one it is yourself).
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by adpucci
just as a point of order, UA do this all the time on their website and app (you request business, they give you a mixed-class fare in the results, you have to see which one it is yourself).
I think there is a snarky comment to be had here, regarding a venn diagram with circles containing customer service and how airlines are fornicating the user in the US and spacing of these rings.

-A
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by manucanuck
I understand this a320 fleet is listed as an all-economy fleet but on aer Lingus but there is a package called aerspace which guarantees a front row, with the middle seat emptied, fast track, priority boarding, lounge access etc which could be an alternative to what a business class is.
Aer Space is only available to passengers on EI ticket stock.

Given that you are flying from BHD, you can avoid this issue by booking travel on BA services - BA also flies from BHD to LHR.

EDIT: Even for BA services, they clearly show that BHD-LHR sectors are in Economy only
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 26, 2020 at 6:16 am
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Given that you are flying from BHD, you can avoid this issue by booking travel on BA services - BA also flies from BHD to LHR.

EDIT: Even for BA services, they clearly show that BHD-LHR sectors are in Economy only
I didn't buy the ticket myself.... i only saw what it was under the 'manage my booking' section.. why can't it list it as economy when it IS an economy instead, annoying.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G

The results I'm getting is less obvious that it is Y/C mixed. See this screenshot. It does look a lot like it's for business class.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by knownothing
Excuse me but if you see a several thousand dollar difference in the price and don't check the details I have ocean front property in Paris I will sell you
​​​​​​
You do know that the prices posted by the OP are quoted in NOK (Norwegian Krone) right? I do certainly think that someone should look into what they are getting for that difference in fare but 4529 NOK is not really that huge of a difference when looking at long haul business class fares. I am not real familiar with QR's different business class fares options but on the airlines that I am more familiar with long haul business class fares can vary significantly when looking at discounted vs full fares or nonrefundable vs refundable fares, etc. That fare difference wouldn't jump out as atypical or suspicious to me.
​​​​​
A difference of 4529 NZD, AUD, USD, CAD, SGD would jump out to me but not 4529 NOK.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by knownothing
Excuse me but if you see a several thousand dollar difference in the price and don't check the details I have ocean front property in Paris I will sell you
Excuse me but if you are genuinely unfamiliar with ISO 4217, I have ocean front property in Paris I will sell you for a bargain price in KWD.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by S_B
Perhaps it's a OW thing? QF always do this sort of thing she. Redeeming award flights. You think you're getting a good bargain for Businessss, but read the note to find out that SYD to SIN is in economy and that SIN to BKK will be the business sector.
I've also seen Qantas do this on paid flights but thank goodness never booked it. It's ugly.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:43 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I’m perplexed by your reasoning ......

The international sector operated by NZ (ADL-AKL), as referred to in the post you have quoted, will carry a business class cabin. No need to ‘create one’ - already done !
No C on NZ narrow body aircraft, that operate ADL (or any other) flights. Works Deluxe brand is Y with meal, slightly more legroom and middle seat blocked, but it is not a separate cabin - it is still Y.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
No C on NZ narrow body aircraft, that operate ADL (or any other) flights. Works Deluxe brand is Y with meal, slightly more legroom and middle seat blocked, but it is not a separate cabin - it is still Y.
Hi there - my understanding is that they currently use a 787 (?) to serve the direct ADL-AKL sector .... but happy to stand corrected if I’ve got that wrong ....
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: QR Plat
There is a lot of addons iwth various carriers, wether it's SK in the Nordics or NZ in Kiwiland. These are always more obvious, but the main problem in this thread is QR mixing up it's own long haul segments.

-A
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:40 pm

Hi there - my understanding is that they currently use a 787 (?) to serve the direct ADL-AKL sector .... but happy to stand corrected if I’ve got that wrong ....
correct at the moment.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway

Guess what, if I use the Qatar app to book, it WOULD NOT show as multi-cabin.... hmmmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.