Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Changing into pyjamas in Qsuites - etiquette?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing into pyjamas in Qsuites - etiquette?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by jrpallante
However, the Qsuites are quite spacious, and the privacy walls are over 4' tall, so you could discretely change while seated in your private suite.
As long as the crew and passing passengers are all under 4' tall you'll be fine.
morawc likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
I think modesty was the correct word needed.(Not that I'm modest or anything...)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I have the flight attendant make up my bed and change me into my pyjamas pre-takeoff if possible.
On QR, the assistance with the first procedure is routine in the J cabin, many other airlines CC don't bother except in F. Personally I've never tried to do this before take-off.

For the second procedure, I'd be surprised to see even a helpful QR CC giving assistance. If so, and considering the theme of this thread, will that be done in the restroom or in the QSuite?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by onobond
On QR, the assistance with the first procedure is routine in the J cabin, many other airlines CC don't bother except in F. Personally I've never tried to do this before take-off.

For the second procedure, I'd be surprised to see even a helpful QR CC giving assistance. If so, and considering the theme of this thread, will that be done in the restroom or in the QSuite?
In the restroom it would be like participating in a game of Twister
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onobond

Seriously, which airline/s have stewardesses that actually change you into your PJ's?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ft101
As long as the crew and passing passengers are all under 4' tall you'll be fine.
This is why I prefer to fly AF P. They have floor to ceiling curtains giving you 100% full privacy.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
With the lavatory floors being so gross nearly 100% of the time, perhaps changing into pj bottoms in the Qsuite under a blanket is okay? Obviously the change into a pj top can be done much easier in the lavatory? Just a suggestion.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:20 pm

I have changed under a blanket not just on QR but also on EY (window seat, no door but somewhat recessed). It's not a big deal if you do it when the cabin lights are dimmed.

If you need more privacy, select the lavatory with a baby changing table. It is usually clean, especially compared to the floor. You can sit on it and lift your feet way up.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Seriously, which airline/s have stewardesses that actually change you into your PJ's?
Please read the second para of the post you quoted. You might consider directing your question to the poster, whom I quoted.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: QRPC
Usually toilet is the way to go. But under some circumstances changing in the Qsuite is okay too. Like if you're changing at night and everyone is sleeping or you're in a sector where nobody is sitting near you and if you're very quick in changing clothes.
Just always try to be respecting other passengers and don't make others having to see what they might not wish to.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Last edited by Splendiz; Jan 19, 2020 at 7:57 am
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I've changed in the QSuite however I made sure the blanket was covering anything which might cause alarm (kept boxer shorts on mind you !).
My annoyance with changing in the toilets comes from those people who insist on peeing on the floor. I presume I am talking mostly of us men here !!

I would certainly not try changing in a normal seat, only those with a door and never, ever on SV.......!

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jan 19, 2020 at 7:42 am
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
My annoyance with changing in the toilets comes from those people who insist on peeing on the floor.
I would certainly not try changing in a normal seat, only those with a door and never, ever on SV.......!
Exactly. Changing clothes in the toilets with wet floor is not the most comfortable thing to do. Trying to not step on any of the wet parts and not having your pants touch it can be quite a challenge and require some acrobatic moves.
lol yeah, not recommended on SV at all
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:01 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Passenger in front of me on the DOH to CWL this morning did a full change in a 787 J seat with female crew having to take evasive action. He didn't care. Got a sense of that when he barged through me with his backpack on his way to get to the gate half a second before me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.