FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Changing into pyjamas in Qsuites - etiquette? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2001701-changing-into-pyjamas-qsuites-etiquette.html)

PAL62V Dec 29, 2019 10:40 am

Changing into pyjamas in Qsuites - etiquette?

So, first flight in Qsuites coming up. Normally change in the bathroom. Is it okay to change in your Qsuites??

lost_in_translation Dec 29, 2019 10:53 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V (Post 31886344)
So, first flight in Qsuites coming up. Normally change in the bathroom. Is it okay to change in your Qsuites??

I’d say Qsuites aren’t going to be as private (or capacious!) as you think they will be. You could probably just about change in the seat but would require a bit of an act of contortion to do it and you’d be far more comfortable going to the bathroom.

The only cabin where I’ve changed outside of that bathroom is EK new F.

Howard Long Dec 29, 2019 11:23 am

Bathroom for me, although I saw someone yesterday strip
off in the middle of a non-Qsuite 777 cabin. Thankfully he didn’t appear to be going commando.

PAL62V Dec 29, 2019 11:38 am

Right - bathroom it is then!

Also - trying to do an online checkin which should now be open. I'm in the UK and the flight is leaving from ARN-BNE. Any ideas why it isn't letting me do an online checkin?

ajeleonard Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am

You should change in the bathroom

LoungeLizardHugo Dec 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by PAL62V (Post 31886510)
Right - bathroom it is then!

Also - trying to do an online checkin which should now be open. I'm in the UK and the flight is leaving from ARN-BNE. Any ideas why it isn't letting me do an online checkin?

SSSS ??

:(

film_girl Dec 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Def. change in the bathroom. Easier for everyone.

As for why you can’t check-in, do you have a non-Qatar flight before your Q-Suite leg? I had that issue (I flew AS to LAX for my flight to BOM), and as a result, wasn’t able to check-in until I was at the airport. There wasn’t anyone at the gate yet, so they checked me in at the lounge.

On the return (which was Qatar from BOM to DOH and DOH to LAX), I think I was able to check-in online, but I may still have been forced to do it at the airport, I can’t remember. May was a long time ago. Lol.

BA6501 Dec 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo (Post 31886849)
SSSS ??

:(

SSSS is for flights to the US.

How long do you have in Doha?

PAL62V Dec 29, 2019 3:28 pm

It's now letting me do it. Weird.

Thanks all!

TonyBurr Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm

DEFINITELY in the bathroom

SullyofDoha Dec 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Keep in mind that it’s easy enough to change back into your normal clothes while in Qsuites before landing because your door is still closed.

gms Dec 30, 2019 1:55 am

You can change in your QSuite, but surely anyone walking past will see everything! The door isn't that high!

realgaga Dec 30, 2019 2:39 am

Usually OLCI doesn't open on the dot 48 hours before departure, usually 10-15 minutes later.

Citoyen Dec 30, 2019 3:40 am

I have to join withall the previous etiquette experts. The etiquette is pyjamas in Bathroom - for the cabin crew's sake if not fellow pax.
Q suites and similar are simply not enough to keep you sufficiently private.
Depending on the airline and the timing of pyjama distribution - there are variations....
I'm very much the change before takeoff type - if not yet distributed I'll ask

PAL62V Dec 30, 2019 3:44 am

Yes. I tend to do just that too. And have the seat made up before takeoff if possible so I can sleep when I want.

Thankfully all checked in. My BA connection to ARN is about to leave on time-ish. Looking like everything is going to be stress free.