Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:35 pm

New data point, as I was there yesterday and flew QR 67 in F. Arrived from HKT at 11pm. Was in the Lounge around midnight . There were around 60guests. Had dinner and went to the bedrooms. Just saw 1room occupied. Woke up like 5:30am and there were 2rooms occupied. The lounge was less crowded, but still around 30-40guests. So it’s obvious that quite some people pay the cash to enter the lounge.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pradom
New data point, as I was there yesterday and flew QR 67 in F. Arrived from HKT at 11pm. Was in the Lounge around midnight . There were around 60guests. Had dinner and went to the bedrooms. Just saw 1room occupied. Woke up like 5:30am and there were 2rooms occupied. The lounge was less crowded, but still around 30-40guests. So it’s obvious that quite some people pay the cash to enter the lounge.
That's quite surprising, I have not seen that. I guess the peace and quiet is coming to an end.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 10, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's quite surprising, I have not seen that. I guess the piece and quiet is coming to an end.
I agree, never saw more than around 12 people....
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus Gold
I was there yesterday from around 8 pm to 1 am and it was varying between 1-3 other guests that I could see in the area in front of the bar, in front of the restaurant and in the restaurant. Same last week.
FYI, I did pay 250 QAR for entry both times.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: QRPC
If you want to avoid the people at the bottom of the escalator, just take the elevator which brings you directly to the lounge reception desk. This is valid for Al Sawfa as well as Al Mourjan.
I just had a question that I wanted to ask the staff members but the escalator guard didn't want to let me pass, so I just took the elevator. :P
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by mats184
I was there yesterday from around 8 pm to 1 am and it was varying between 1-3 other guests that I could see in the area in front of the bar, in front of the restaurant and in the restaurant. Same last week.
FYI, I did pay 250 QAR for entry both times.
Guess I just had bad luck then. Was surprised myself, but It was still peaceful. It was the last evening, where the had an extensive buffet to celebrate the end of Ramadan.

Anyway, regardless of the number of guests. Good to see that the bedrooms are still more or less empty. Dinner , bedroom and breakfast would even be worth 500QAR, if you compare it to the transit hotel.
mats184 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:36 am

Another data point. I had a 10hr layover from around 4pm to 2am last Saturday evening. No one at the bottom of the Al Safwa escalator, so went straight up to the desk. 250 QAR (69 USD) for a 6hr block. Asked if I could extend and they said yes, another 250 for the remainder of my layover.

Got into the lounge and there were fewer than 10 people. I felt the space was amazing, privacy also was, and I loved the overall design of the lounge. Had a quick meal. As others have said, F&B could use some improvement, but not too bad. Had Salmon which was a bit overcooked, but the vegetables were done well. Champagne was the VC Grand Dame 2006, then some rose option I hadn't seen before. Also tried a French chardonnay that was quite good.

Service was outstanding. People constantly trying to refill drinks, get me food, etc.

Also did the "quiet rooms". Well appointed with a great bathroom. Saw 12 of them and no issue getting one.

Honestly it was a great stay and the 10hr layover flew by...
dsteveman likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by nmuva98
Another data point. I had a 10hr layover from around 4pm to 2am last Saturday evening. No one at the bottom of the Al Safwa escalator, so went straight up to the desk. 250 QAR (69 USD) for a 6hr block. Asked if I could extend and they said yes, another 250 for the remainder of my layover.

Got into the lounge and there were fewer than 10 people. I felt the space was amazing, privacy also was, and I loved the overall design of the lounge. Had a quick meal. As others have said, F&B could use some improvement, but not too bad. Had Salmon which was a bit overcooked, but the vegetables were done well. Champagne was the VC Grand Dame 2006, then some rose option I hadn't seen before. Also tried a French chardonnay that was quite good.

Service was outstanding. People constantly trying to refill drinks, get me food, etc.

Also did the "quiet rooms". Well appointed with a great bathroom. Saw 12 of them and no issue getting one.

Honestly it was a great stay and the 10hr layover flew by...
Looking forward to giving the lounge a try during my 12 hour layover in DOH
nmuva98 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by dsteveman
Looking forward to giving the lounge a try during my 12 hour layover in DOH
To be fair, it is a really impressive lounge.

For me breakfast is a little unimaginative there ( there again I do not like eggs) and it has been almost deserted when I have been there. Whilst you never want a place packed, it's quite nice to have some other passengers. enjoy your visit.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: QR
I recently used the lounge on 8th June arriving at 11pm and departing at 8am on the 9th June. I flew out two weeks earlier to CDG in F but a short connection didn’t allow me time to enter the lounge as boarding had already started.

When i returned, I bought access to the lounge because of my long layover. I immediately went to get a room and was shown to one. The service is absolutely great and because of the shift change since entering they didn’t know I was suppose to leave the lounge. I had a lovely French toast and turkey bacon with a great cup of coffee before heading to the boarding gate...

i would say it is totally worth it to pay the 250 QAR for access because there was barely anyone in the lounge and it felt really private which is what I love. However, if I look at the lounge the amount of space they have wasted as its nearly as big as AM. But I can see why they made it that beautiful to impress their fake F flights in the ME....
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AsiaMiles/Avios/VirginFlyingClub
The price is increased to 165usd or 600 qar as of today , 21 June
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kyrosho
Still 6 hour limit?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by kyrosho
I would say, if you not intend to take a sleeping room, it is not worth anymore, at least I will not use this "offer" anymore
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Does anyone know how that compares with an 8-hour stay package at the Oryx Airport Hotel? We are 2 persons and the hotel might work out cheaper.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Does anyone know how that compares with an 8-hour stay package at the Oryx Airport Hotel? We are 2 persons and the hotel might work out cheaper.
I've heard the beds at Al Sawfa are pretty descent, but remember that you're also paying for higher quality drinks and food (compared to AM lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.