Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by a9504477
Isn't there a $100 surcharge now for Qsuites? I would expect QR to refund these in this case.
It started out that way, but I imagine the revenue management geeks have been doing their damndest kick that little headache out of their playpen.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:00 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
I can only apologise for the unexpected aircraft change which meant you travelled in our classic 777 2-2-2 configured J cabin instead.

As much as we want to offer all our customers the experience of flying in one of of the Qsuite equipped aircrafts, don't forget, we have only started in rolling it out across our fleet of eligible aircrafts, so watch this space. Unfortunately, it sometimes comes down to the day and time the service is scheduled, and also operational and capcity reasons that may lead to such a last-minute aircraft type change.

I am sorry your OB flight was not on the aicraft type you had hoped for, but I am sure you still sat comfortably and enjoyed our renowned 5 star service, didn't you? We are keeping our fingers crossed for you that the IB flight to IAH will allow you experience the Qsuite.

Once again, thanks for flying with QR, have a safe and relaxing journey, and thanks for being a member of our Qatar Airways Privilege Club. Just in case you haven't enrolled yet, visit qmiles.com today to register.
indomie likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
We are keeping our fingers crossed for you that the IB flight to IAH will allow you experience the Qsuite.
IB for inbound (I'm guessing) should be spiked.

It joins LH for longhaul as abbreviations more easily recognised in these pages as the IATA codes of major airlines
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

It joins LH for longhaul as abbreviations more easily recognised in these pages as the IATA codes of major airlines
I would like to see some good OW offers to SEA.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makrom
I would like to see some good OW offers to SEA.
Yup, there's another annoyance
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:50 am

Anyone who comes to the QR forum will know that aircraft REGULARLY get changed and you should never assume you will get any one aircraft type, let alone Q - Suits which are even rarer.

You definitely didn't get downgraded as you are still in QR J class. Saying that it is "one of the worst seats in the sky" is very untrue. The "old" 77W seat is one of the most comfortable seats going. Some of my best sleeps on planes have come on those seats.

Simple answer is: you aren't due any compensation and QR don't need to help you resolve anything.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Just found out that my March 25 QR815 was changed to a 2-2-2 and no longer a qsuite, sad.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:57 am

Happens with many airlines. I sympathise with the OP..I was flying ICN-LAX on OZ and it was meant to be the (then) new Quadra Smartium seats.... Aircraft swap happened to the old J product...angled lie flat...
Still Business Class though...and no price (or miles) difference...so...…...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:38 pm

I think, this Qsuites is just another good marketing strategy of Qatar Airways.
I could see a lot of travelers are crazy in booking the Qsuites.
And more travelers become twice as crazy after finding out that their Qsuites is gone.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by a9504477
Isn't there a $100 surcharge now for Qsuites? I would expect QR to refund these in this case.
Delta charges this fee too, I agree with the OP that compensation is due given this extra fee in the fare breakdown. We all understand aircraft swaps, but when revenue management gets involved with silly fees (no matter what they call them), they create these issues for themselves. Apparently, some blogger had the same issue and raised issues with management over it. The airline flew him to Doha to discuss what they can do better and compensated him, too!
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

MH could be medium haul, while AF can refer to the annual fee on a credit card.

Don't television ads for medicines use IB for irritable bowel (syndrome)?

Also, on FT I always write USA for the country to avoid confusion with US the airline.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
]
Don't television ads for medicines use IB for irritable bowel (syndrome)?
I think that's more usually IBS, though UK television is blessedly free of (most of) the medical ads I see in the US

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
]
Also, on FT I always write USA for the country to avoid confusion with US the airline.
Very sensible. And for many i think American airlines (the generic version) is best served up as American carriers, or, indeed, US carriers

And outside these hallowed pages, FT is an abbreviation best reserved (at least in the UK) for that august journal, the Financial Times.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BA
I always ask about equipment change upon check in. If so I request a seat in the middle which is OK for me on the old 777.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Checkin agent just mentioned oh you were downgraded from Q suites! I’m also sitting next to a baby where Q suites would have made a difference. Compensation is certainly due because people choose flights for a product (not the A to B service) otherwise than why bother with so much advertising of inflight product?
pickledtink likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:03 am

Be happy that it was just the aircraft changed, and not the airport you will be taking off/landing in! I have had this pleasure 3 times with Qatar without no compensation,help, or even a decent reply to my complaints!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.