FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1947983-last-minute-downgrade-qsuites-standard-777-no-help-no-compensatio.html)

aero0729 Dec 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio

Has anyone had any experience dealing with a Q suites downgrade. I am on IAH-DOH. Was over excited for Qsuites. Now I get one of the worst seats in the sky.

NJSwamplands Dec 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by aero0729 (Post 30583490)
Has anyone had any experience dealing with a Q suites downgrade. I am on IAH-DOH. Was over excited for Qsuites. Now I get one of the worst seats in the sky.

Happens all the time on Qatar

jckl Dec 28, 2018 7:57 pm

you are still in the same class of travel, it merely is a change of equipment.

Unless QR sells Qsuite as a cabin class of travel above business akin to first class, there is nothing due to you.

It's simply bad luck, try again next time.

soy Dec 28, 2018 8:09 pm

I know you are disappointed about missing Q-Suites, but QR 777 is probably the best of the 2x2x2 seats in the sky. I can assure you there are far worse J cabins out there.
Unless you are leaving in the next few hours there is still plenty of time for it to change back to Q-Suite

brunos Dec 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by soy (Post 30583819)
I know you are disappointed about missing Q-Suites, but QR 777 is probably the best of the 2x2x2 seats in the sky. I can assure you there are far worse J cabins out there.
Unless you are leaving in the next few hours there is still plenty of time for it to change back to Q-Suite

It is undoubtedly the best and most spacious 2x2x2 aircraft. Great for couples. The middle seats are quite good for solo pax.
The Qsuites have the same number of seats in the same cabin space. But more privacy.

manucanuck Dec 29, 2018 1:34 am

once had to deal with recliner on a CX Regional 773, my god, worse 5hrs flight ever

SRG Dec 29, 2018 2:00 am

I know you are disappointed about missing Q-Suites, but QR 777 is probably the best of the 2x2x2 seats in the sky.

I agree, although I enjoyed my previous flight in Q suite, I actually slept better on the non q suite 777.

I'm booked on 2 qsuite 777 flights in March, but I know it might get swapped out. Luck of the draw, as my one and only q suite flight in 2018 was a swap out from a 2x2x2!

jordie Dec 29, 2018 4:28 am

Now I get one of the worst seats in the sky.

Id take QR J on the 777 than J on most other carrier

iluvdoco Dec 29, 2018 5:54 pm

For which dates did they downgrade? I just checked and my mid-Jan IAD-DOH flight still shows Q-Suites. It seems ORD lost its A350-1000 though.

IAN-UK Dec 30, 2018 1:49 am

Silly. In what way have you been downgraded? You'll be flying business-class in one of the most comfortable seats in the sky.

Q suite aren't particularly comfortable. What they do offer is an enhanced level of privacy. Though Lord knows what you expect to get up to in your seat: but be warned, they can peek in :eek:

SLGO Dec 30, 2018 3:28 am

I understand how fancy the Qsuite May sound but IMHO they are not as good as it seems. While these seats are excellent in privacy, they are a bit too narrow especially for the footwell. So no worries you haven’t missed too much.

Often1 Dec 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Whatever the subjective issue, you are disappointed, but that does not mean you are due a refund. If QR sold suites as a class above F, you would be due a refund of the fare difference. But, that is it.

gnargel Dec 30, 2018 2:34 pm

I do quite like the 2-2-2, but I don’t understand why everyone here makes it sound that the OP should not be upset about this or that the 2-2-2 seating is actually a step up from the Qsuites. Qatar actively advertises the Qsuites as being an improvement over their previous seat, so of course the OP should be disappointed.

And (on many airlines) you get compensation if the IFE does not work part of the flight, or - god forbid - the champagne runs out, but not if Qatar switches planes because it thinks it can make more money on a different route so you end up with inferior hard product?

a9504477 Dec 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Isn't there a $100 surcharge now for Qsuites? I would expect QR to refund these in this case.

makrom Dec 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by a9504477 (Post 30589383)
Isn't there a $100 surcharge now for Qsuites? I would expect QR to refund these in this case.

The initial Qsuite rotations got a $100 price increase, but QR never declared this as a Qsuite extra fee and it's not correlating 100% for quite some time now.