===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
One more thing of note: was told on the way out that only paid tickets are eligible for entry, not award tickets.

A sign of the coming FFM apocalypse?
I seem to recall the LHR lounge had a sign saying something like 'revenue tickets only', but that included awards in practice.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
How was the champagne then?
Sorry, I just had a Singha.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Having just spent a few hours in each lounge today, here’s my analysis:

obviously, the decor and look of the QR lounge is better than the TG lounge. QR is brand new, and beautiful, just like all their lounges. Plus, their shower is out of this world!

but I like the TG lounge better. Why?

-the quality of the food is better. Not the selection, but the quality. Their Pad Thai was better than anything I had at QR.
-they have an actual, semi-private sleep room with lie flat couches.
-their shower is good, not better than QR, but good.
-other than the Etihad residence, their service is hands down the most personal of any lounge. For hours, I was the only person in the lounge. There was a personal staff member literally serving as a butler for me the entire time! Unlimited hot towels, anything you wanted. It was great. Totally private area, with a de facto personal butler!

if QR keeps putting award ticket pax in the TG lounge, I’d be totally happy.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by klimike

Are you on 730pm A380 or the 840pm 777?

We preferred the CX lounge, Cathay Delight & noodle bars but it closes before 7pm (after last CX flight of the day leaves BKK) on Saturdays.

QR Lounge is a close second. It is a bit crowded when A380 passengers are still there and staff are still getting used to the routine.

JAL gives me the feeling of a canteen at a Japanese company but it is probably the most quiet one with edamames + cup noodles and plum wine. A distant third.

QR lounge is located closest to immigration and about 1min walk from JAL lounge on L3 (both are in D concourse). CX is on the G concourse (about 3-4min walk from JAL). Once you exit JAL, turn left to the junction then turn right towards gate G1.

We checked in about 3.5 hrs before flight departure time and think we had a bit too much time towards the back end at QR lounge. I’d opted for CX -> JAL -> QR if I knew CX was due to close early(and if I’m taking the 840pm flight out).
Thanks! We are on the A380 at 7:30. So perhaps will take the time to check out both the QR and CX on the way to the gate if they aren't closed..
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Well at least the lounge is open now and a vast improvement on the awful TG lounge I visited last year when flying QR.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The champagne offering is poor though IMO, but better than nothing I suppose.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Talking

obviously, the decor and look of the QR lounge is better than the TG lounge. QR is brand new, and beautiful, just like all their lounges. Plus, their shower is out of this world!

-the quality of the food is better. Not the selection, but the quality. Their Pad Thai was better than anything I had at QR.
-other than the Etihad residence, their service is hands down the most personal of any lounge. For hours, I was the only person in the lounge. There was a personal staff member literally serving as a butler for me the entire time! Unlimited hot towels, anything you wanted. It was great. Totally private area, with a de facto personal butler!

I think the CX lounge (in terms of high end styling) is tops at BKK. QR is really slipping in quality. Is Al Baker asleep at the wheel, what a disgrace.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

I think it's important to add a little perspective.

BKK is the home of TG, and thus their lounge complex should be better than that of QR, and indeed any airline.

The Semi-Private rooms you mention, are not situated in the TG Lounge that QR has an agreement with, and so those spaces aren't necessarily relevant.

M
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Im flying on Bangkok Airways to Phukrt ( 1 class Exonomy) then Phuket to Oslo via Doha in Business. Will i be able to access this lounge? Im a OW Sapphire too ?

And my Bangkok Airwags flight has got a QR flight number just operated by Bangkok Airways
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

BKK is the home of TG, and thus their lounge complex should be better than that of QR, and indeed any airline.

The Semi-Private rooms you mention, are not situated in the TG Lounge that QR has an agreement with, and so those spaces aren't necessarily relevant.

M
To add to your point, this is in reference to the TG Royal First lounge (which QR or for that matter any TG/Star Alliance business passengers would not have access to). The TG business/*G lounges or woeful and best avoided.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

M
OP was without a doubt referring to the TG F lounge. If you're bringing J into the picture than TG's offerings are poor at best. What should be the case has no bearing upon what is the case.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
To add to your point, this is in reference to the TG Royal First lounge (which QR or for that matter any TG/Star Alliance business passengers would not have access to). The TG business/*G lounges or woeful and best avoided.
While mostly true there is one exception: TG Platinum (TG*P) members gain FCL access even if only flying Y.

Bolding mine.
flyvirgin and Traveller999 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsquared37
While mostly true there is one exception: TG Platinum (TG*P) members gain FCL access even if only flying Y.

Bolding mine.
Indeed! Even though its a bit dark for me and the decor not my preferred style I do still like the TG Royal First lounge -- really maybe I just like the Royal First spa. I think that has the nicest treatment shower rooms of any lounge worldwide. I thought it was a shame when QR stopped providing access to the true TG Royal First lounge for their first passengers - their own lounge is obviously a very welcome improvement.
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!

M
not accurate. The room I’m referencing is for F flyers. It’s a separate room off the biz lounge in e concourse. It is the lounge that QR has been using.
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:00 pm
Suspended

not accurate. The room I’m referencing is for F flyers. It’s a separate room off the biz lounge in e concourse. It is the lounge that QR has been using.
LoL... your the one who is “not accurate.” Yes, the TG Lounge your referring is a separate room off the regular Royal orchid lounge but the main Royal First Lounge has semi private living rooms within the lounge. The place QR was sending it’s first passengers that you are referring is a very low end space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.