As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Preacher7

not accurate. The room I’m referencing is for F flyers. It’s a separate room off the biz lounge in e concourse. It is the lounge that QR has been using.
A Semi-Private room, is akin to those found in the TG F Lounge, or the TG J Lounge on Concourse C. However, for the latter, QR passengers were not permitted to use the rooms; even in F.

Irrespective, comparing an F Lounge to a J one, is obviously going to throw up different comparisons.

Comparing the CX Lounge at BKK to the QR Lounge, is a far more realistic comparison, especially as both are OneWorld partners - and the CX Lounge was frequented by those who knew they could go elsewhere than the TG J spaces (within Opening Hours of the lounge)

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Feb 13, 2018 at 1:30 am
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels

LoL... your the one who is “not accurate.” Yes, the TG Lounge your referring is a separate room off the regular Royal orchid lounge but the main Royal First Lounge has semi private living rooms within the lounge. The place QR was sending it’s first passengers that you are referring is a very low end space.
What's with the sniping? TG refer to it as the first-class section of their lounge; Preacher7 referred to it accurately. Preacher7 compared it to to the QR facility, and offered his opinion. Time to move on.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Well at least the lounge is open now and a vast improvement on the awful TG lounge I visited last year when flying QR.
BKK TG lounges are not THAT bad, I tried most of them after all these years flying ex-BKK.
Most often the E lounge left side. Showers are excellent, food and drinks OK, furniture is old so what?. Never found that F part, maybe right side E lounge? Was platinum last year and thought I could get in.
Last time I visited the right hand side lounge there was a private affair in their private rooms.
Yes, I disliked the TG D lounge.
Spent some time in much worse lounges: BA in BRU, YUL Nat Bank lounge, CPH Aspire food got me sick for 24h, that was really ugly. (leaving lounge had to run and did not make it to the bathroom)
Leaving on QR J late April, will try the new lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
this is a carrier main hub lounges. TG main F lounge is good, not great but good imo. Food is good, but i don't like the space of the lounge or the semi 'private' rooms, but that is compensated by the spa treatments. Regarding their C lounges they're below average imo, look at CX or SQ. Yes there are worse lounges around, but while I wouldn't go out of my way to spend extra time in the main TG F lounge, I would definitively try to do half my work day in the FCL or FCT in FRA/MUC when I have a late departure.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by synd
this is a carrier main hub lounges. TG main F lounge is good, not great but good imo. Food is good, but i don't like the space of the lounge or the semi 'private' rooms, but that is compensated by the spa treatments. Regarding their C lounges they're below average imo, look at CX or SQ. Yes there are worse lounges around, but while I wouldn't go out of my way to spend extra time in the main TG F lounge, I would definitively try to do half my work day in the FCL or FCT in FRA/MUC when I have a late departure.
Completely agree on the TG BKK lounges. They're OK, not more. And not what I would call world class. But let's not forget that Thailand is really a third world country.

There are so many better lounges. FCT at FRA, The Pier at HKG, Al Mourjan and Al Safwa at DOH, the new QR lounges at CDG and LHR, QF F lounge at SYD, F lounge and Concorde Room at LHR T5, etc., are all much better, IMO.

IMO, there's very little about TG which doesn't feel like it's trying just soooooo hard to play in the big leagues; but they just can't quite pull it off.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Let's try and steer things back to QR, and away from TG.

Has anyone found the lounge to be busy yet?

M
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Let's try and steer things back to QR, and away from TG.
^ Sorry, I'm one of the offenders.

I'm a little confused by the comments here. At CDG and LHR, available dining is both buffet style and sit-down, order-from-wait-person-off-a-menu style. (And, IMO, both were very, very good at both airports.) Does the new BKK lounge have both buffet and restaurant style? If restaurant style is available, would someone post a menu, please?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
When I was there last week, it was only buffet. No menu although nice tables and drinks were refilled by the staff.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
When I was there last week, it was only buffet. No menu although nice tables and drinks were refilled by the staff.
Yes, I specifically asked if there was an a la carte option, but likewise told it was buffet only.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue Qmiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I think it's important to add a little perspective.

BKK is the home of TG, and thus their lounge complex should be better than that of QR, and indeed any airline.

The Semi-Private rooms you mention, are not situated in the TG Lounge that QR has an agreement with, and so those spaces aren't necessarily relevant.

M
Things must have changed since we were last there (Sept 2016). The small TG J lounge we used had a bank of sleeper rooms on the left. My wife used one to sleep off her Lebua Tower Club cocktail hangover .
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver

msm2000uk and Aston100 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks nice, very similar to CDG.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I think it looks very nice indeed.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Looks very nice. Some similarities to LHR
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Are we going to get a lounge at JFK? Or at AKL? Or even at CMB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.