Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jah718
One thing I can never understand, and I see it on the BA forum more than anywhere else, is people who will defend an airline to their last breath, even when the company is clearly doing a bad job.
I agree. For me, QR does a great job with everything except QRPC. That's why I continue to fly the airline, but credit elsewhere.
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jah718
I still fly QR because in the air, they are a completely different proposition. I find their inflight service to be nothing short of outstanding, particularly in premium cabins. My mistake was that after re-qualifying last year, I should have started crediting to a different program, but I didn't so here we are. I am currently trying to extricate myself from the program, but it is not unreasonable to expect the company to do a good job while I am a member.

One thing I can never understand, and I see it on the BA forum more than anywhere else, is people who will defend an airline to their last breath, even when the company is clearly doing a bad job. It doesn't take a genius to work out that QR's ground experience is sorely lacking, made even worse by the comparison to their excellent inflight experience. If the company can't see that, then there are clearly some very serious issues within the management.
Very well said. There are people on the BAEC forum that seem to see any negative comment about BA as a personal affront, no matter how justified. I think it’s possibly because some people have become so wedded to the idea of BA loyalty that they bizarrely see any criticism of the airline as the same as criticising their decision to fly with BA. I notice the same thing creeping in here from time-to-time but nowhere near as severely. Nevertheless, the contrast between QR in the air and QR on the ground is sad. Ironically, with BA the situation is basically reversed, with BAEC a very good programme and BA ground staff actually very well organised and empowered to help, but things often fall apart when you board.

I think QR's general market positioning has in some ways become more sophisticated over time, as they increasingly differentiate themselves by marketing to leisure travelers rather than business ones (notice most QR adverts these days are smiling male/female couples and a lot of offers are 2-for-1 promotions). This has probably played in to the decision to slice into QRPC to an extent, as I imagine QR doesn't view a loyalty programme as that important for the kind of traveler they are trying to attract. Whether there are enough of this kind of traveler for QR to make a profit I'm not sure. It also seems quite short sighted when the most sophisticated airlines commercially have built loyalty programmes that are themselves worth billions of dollars.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
... they increasingly differentiate themselves by marketing to leisure travelers rather than business ones (notice most QR adverts these days are smiling male/female couples and a lot of offers are 2-for-1 promotions). This has probably played in to the decision to slice into QRPC to an extent, as I imagine QR doesn't view a loyalty programme as that important for the kind of traveler they are trying to attract.
But if you're correct in your assessment, why not leave QRPC strong for whatever frequent travelers there are? Leisure travelers are much less likely ever to accumulate enough miles/points/credit to do them any good.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But if you're correct in your assessment, why not leave QRPC strong for whatever frequent travelers there are? Leisure travelers are much less likely ever to accumulate enough miles/points/credit to do them any good.
It 'most likely' had to do with the $69 million annual loss last year, by cutting into QRPC and devaluing Qmiles they could manipulate their books a little to the positive side.
Every Qmile that's sitting in an account is translated into a certain $ figure. (even the Qmiles of those leisure travelers that will most likely never use them)

Whether or not it was a good idea to make cuts in their loyalty program, I'm not too sure..
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JasperT
Whether or not it was a good idea to make cuts in their loyalty program, I'm not too sure..
Actually, I think that that's an interesting question. I'll continue to fly QR because the J product is great, both hard and soft. I rarely need customer service; but when I've called, I got great service every time. (It will be interesting to see if that continues after October when I'm no longer QRPC PLT.) But, anyway, QR has my business regardless of QRPC because of the product and pricing. So why do they need QRPC to retain a customer like me? They don't. Now I'm still flying QR buy crediting to AA.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Actually, I think that that's an interesting question. I'll continue to fly QR because the J product is great, both hard and soft. I rarely need customer service; but when I've called, I got great service every time. (It will be interesting to see if that continues after October when I'm no longer QRPC PLT.) But, anyway, QR has my business regardless of QRPC because of the product and pricing. So why do they need QRPC to retain a customer like me? They don't. Now I'm still flying QR buy crediting to AA.
It doesn't need mentioning that I too love QR's J product, I've had some bad experiences with customer service but I think that's quite the hit and miss with a lot of airlines so that's not a dealbreaker for me.
QRPC on the other hand was one of the second reasons why I flew a lot of QR (and made the switch from EK as QR had some very good J fares at the time, also less bling helped me make that decision ), doing SE-Asia to Europe and back didn't give me much other options then to credit to them.

Now that I've relocated back to Europe and will be doing a lot less SE-Asia trips I've started creditting to BA, sadly starting at the bottom there with only a couple of flights on the agenda now is a bit of a pain.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Platinum membership card received

I finally received the platinum card.. the pack look nice and the card is made with metal(quite heavy and thick)...
I will post some pictures..
Old May 18, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum
The pictures

Old May 18, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by NicoNTE
I finally received the platinum card.. the pack look nice and the card is made with metal(quite heavy and thick)...
How long after qualifying did you receive the package?
Old May 18, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
I received mine today. A year and four months since first qualifying, a few months since re-qualifying.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by NicoNTE
The welcome pack looks stunning!
Thanks for posting, I can't wait to get mine ... hopefully soon

Originally Posted by fender5787
How long after qualifying did you receive the package?
+1
It's been 30 days since I qualified, all I got was a welcome email on the day I was traveling from JFK-DOH, I would have popped into the FCL lounge if I had checked my email sooner.
I only found out after I had departed DOH while using the free wifi on board
(The AM lounge is still pretty awesome though)

It personally didn't bother me that I didn't receive my Gold card in the new membership year (last Nov. but I re-qualified a few months earlier) but i think I will send them an email to ask them for the Platinum pack.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:44 pm

That does look pretty fancy.

I qualified 2 months ago and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my membership pack. I've emailed QPRC to ask when I might expect it and they said within 4 weeks. Not holding my breath though. I never received a Gold membership pack in the 2-years I qualified.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Has anyone residing in QATAR actually received their package yet?
Sure would have been nice to have a QR Rep on this site by now.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I emailed QRPC on the 6-month-anniversary of my having earned it, to ask when (if ever) I might expect to see my missing Gold-card pack, their (unapologetic) reply says "We have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags, which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address".
This rather suggests to me that, had I not complained, I would never have received it ? So despite any previous claims of delays being down to producing new-style cards, they apparently didn't try to send any out, to the backlog.
I am not impressed, I don't feel rewarded for my loyalty, or 'enhanced' in any way. It used to be a popular truism in Marketing, that it's cheaper & better to retain an existing-customer, than to try to gain a new one ... except, it appears, in the Gulf ?
I received the same reply - my guess is that they don't process it until you send them an email.
So did you finally received your member pack?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I received the same reply - my guess is that they don't process it until you send them an email.
So did you finally received your member pack?
They don't process it until they feel like processing it. I've been emailing them every 6-8 weeks for the past 2 years and have not received my card. Always getting the same response as quoted above. I was trying to escalate it higher, but no luck. I even offered them I'll send the DHL courier on my cost to pick them up if sending the pack to Poland is such a problem for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.