Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
This should be one of those easy win type threads for the QR Rep @goingplacestogether to answer. There should be no need for the same copy and paste reply we have all received when emailing about the whereabouts of our new cards. An update and a timeframe. How hard is this to communicate?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: FB, MM, QR
It's been well over a year since I first received that e-mail. Still no card. I don't particularly care - the one on the app works just fine.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
I’ve been using my card (expired last year in May) without any problem. Also use the app which is perfect. Not such a big deal. However, it would be nice to have new bag tags
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: qr
well well I am surprised just got home to find my new membership pack awaiting me. Status renewal was mid Jan '19 and now new cards etc. all arrived. There has been a re-vamp- different membership card as well as bag tags which are attached to bags through a natty wire harness much better than the faux leather strap. All documentation and benefits wallet are a re-design too.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by tav1989
well well I am surprised just got home to find my new membership pack awaiting me. Status renewal was mid Jan '19 and now new cards etc. all arrived. There has been a re-vamp- different membership card as well as bag tags which are attached to bags through a natty wire harness much better than the faux leather strap. All documentation and benefits wallet are a re-design too.
Any photos you can share?
I live in Doha and have had nothing yet...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
What did you do to get the package that quickly? ;-)
My wif is waiting for since August 2018 and I am waiting since November 2018....
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
And just got "feedback" from QRPC (bold by me).....
Dear Mr. Traveller999,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
Our sincere apologies for delay in replying to you.
We would like to inform you that we are currently in process of printing the new designed cards. Once the process is finished, we will definitely send your and your wife's latest membership card.Meanwhile, you can use your digital membership card for Qatar Duty Free redemption activities at Hamad International Airport, Doha.We will be able to retrieve your updated profile from your membership number at all our customer touch points, so you can avail your entitled benefits, if travelling without your membership card.Alternately you can also login to your account on our websitewww.qmiles.com, where you can email, print or save your digital card from your dashboard or ‘My profile' page.This feature is also available on Qatar Airways mobile application, where you can save the digital card image in the photo gallery of your Android or iOS mobile phones; iOS users have an additional option to save the digital card in Apple wallet.
Do let us know if we can assist you any further.
UNQUOTE
All in all, the usual pre-designed answer .....

Last edited by Traveller999; Jan 31, 2019 at 3:57 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: Some
As well as saving money I can't help but feel not sending out cards is also strategic. I just tried to status match from QRPC to another Middle Eastern airline this week as I'm looking at the other options, but they've of course requested a scan of my current QRPC membership card showing the expiration date, which of course I don't have because QR are now four months behind in sending me a membership card for this year...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
As well as saving money I can't help but feel not sending out cards is also strategic. I just tried to status match from QRPC to another Middle Eastern airline this week as I'm looking at the other options, but they've of course requested a scan of my current QRPC membership card showing the expiration date, which of course I don't have because QR are now four months behind in sending me a membership card for this year...
What about the online version?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What about the online version?
I have indeed sent that but they haven't responded yet. They explicitly requested a scan of the physical card so we'll see what happens - clearly if this was QRPC they'd be telling me "sorry, we can't do anything for you" so this will be a good test of whether I'm making the right decision / moving to an airline with better customer service.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I have indeed sent that but they haven't responded yet. They explicitly requested a scan of the physical card so we'll see what happens - clearly if this was QRPC they'd be telling me "sorry, we can't do anything for you" so this will be a good test of whether I'm making the right decision / moving to an airline with better customer service.
I am also not crediting anything to QRPC any more but for a different reason. All of my relatively few interactions with QR CS have actually been excellent. I'm now crediting to AA because of the terrible earn/burn ration in QRPC since the devaluation. Here's the analysis I did that sealed the deal for me. Link.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
What did you do to get the package that quickly? ;-)
My wif is waiting for since August 2018 and I am waiting since November 2018....
can’t work out why I was so lucky was it Qatar lotto 😂 here are a couple of pics of card,baggage tags connectors and presentation wallet
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:17 am

Pictures of new PC cards

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/029c7a6e-4...b-ec41bd31dba3

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/7cec31b7-0...a-0ee13f39cf34

sorry having issues on uploading the images from my I pad ??
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:49 am

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/029c7a6e-4...b-ec41bd31dba3

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/7cec31b7-0...a-0ee13f39cf34

sorry having issues on uploading the images from my I pad ??
won’t load for me.
btw, what city are you in? Would be interesting to hear if the cards are being mailed in Qatar or in other countries.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:46 am

Hi sully think I have cracked images - checked mailing it was posted in Doha on 24th Jan and landed on my mat on 29th Jan. wonder if it travelled on a QR flight as mail? I live near London
indomie and SullyofDoha like this.

Last edited by tav1989; Feb 1, 2019 at 5:47 am Reason: additional info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.