FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Privilege Membership card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1885165-privilege-membership-card.html)

PVDM Dec 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Privilege Membership card

Became privilege GOLD since October 27th and 3 weeks ago received this email:

Dear Mr Van De Maele,
We are contacting you with regards to the delivery of your Privilege Club membership card.
We regret to inform you that we are currently experiencing delays in the delivery of your membership pack. Please be assured we are relentless in our efforts to ensure you receive your card at the earliest opportunity.
In the meantime, you can still access your digital membership card by logging in..... etc...etc...

At present date still no new membership card.
No plastic anymore in Doha, due to the blockade perhaps ? :p

Anyone else received this email ?

dutch_122 Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

PVDM,

Yes, Gold since 26th of September, received the email 25th of October, membership pack received 6th of December.
Should arrive within a couple of weeks I guess.

remdk Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

PVDM my membership was renewed 3 rd. October and my new card arrived 27 th. December. No communication about delays was received so you were lucky to at least get an explanation.

Braniff Dec 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by PVDM (Post 29227585)
Became privilege GOLD since October 27th and 3 weeks ago received this email:

Dear Mr Van De Maele,
We are contacting you with regards to the delivery of your Privilege Club membership card.
We regret to inform you that we are currently experiencing delays in the delivery of your membership pack. Please be assured we are relentless in our efforts to ensure you receive your card at the earliest opportunity.
In the meantime, you can still access your digital membership card by logging in..... etc...etc...

At present date still no new membership card.
No plastic anymore in Doha, due to the blockade perhaps ? :p

Anyone else received this email ?

Yes,I received the same message about a month ago. Still, no card.

Doubt it has anything to do with the blockade.

Richard Bell Dec 29, 2017 9:33 pm

I finally reached Silver-status late-September, and got a similar email, membership-pack finally arrived in Thailand 28th December.

speedbird006 Dec 30, 2017 8:33 am

The same here. I gained silver earlier this month. And quick C class trip to KUL and some domestic with MH next month, I should be reaching gold. They can just send me the gold pack.

makrom Dec 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Had the same problem right back after the embargo started. Then again, these cards have been nothing but useless so far, so who cares...

FlyerTalker37 Jan 2, 2018 3:01 am

Delete

Braniff Jan 5, 2018 11:18 am

Card arrived today. With a French postage stamp.

Maybe that explains all the delays ��

Richard Bell Jan 8, 2019 5:54 pm

Became PR-Gold late-November, still awaiting the actual card/pack several weeks later, so QRPC haven't yet solved this problem, one year onwards.

florin Jan 8, 2019 8:42 pm

Do you need the physical card? The FF status appears on the BP, so you should be able to use that everywhere you need to show it.

lifeonthego_k Jan 8, 2019 10:20 pm

I renewed my Platinum status in May '18 and to date I haven't received the new membership card and baggage tags! I doubt I will at all. haha

Dr. HFH Jan 9, 2019 12:40 am

Originally Posted by florin (Post 30630163)
Do you need the physical card? The FF status appears on the BP, so you should be able to use that everywhere you need to show it.

I don't need the card, but a couple more bag tags would be nice.

ashbjr Jan 9, 2019 12:42 am

Renewed Platinum in June 2018. I had to escalate the situation in previous years. One year after multiple messages and back and forths with QR, received the card and tags with a personal apology and a gift from the country manager where I live. But in subsequent years realized that its just a hassle and time consuming to the max (not to mention aggravating). So I haven't even bothered to ask this time around.

Richard Bell Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by florin (Post 30630163)

I agree that it's more for reassurance, for example when I approach the Business-Class check-in desk on another OneWorld airline, with my extra-luggage for an Economy-ticket.

And the baggage-tags & information-pack, so there's an element of DYKWIA to it, but I did nevertheless earn this status the hard way !

Lastly because of what it says, that a process which ought to be seamless & efficient, is still the opposite after so long. QR, great in-the-air, but not on-the-ground ! So why don't they fix the problem ?

And wouldn't it be nice if the new-found status lasted for more-than a mere twelve-months, that's off-topic but nevertheless something heart-felt, for the new official QRPC-lurker to pick-up and run with !