Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: BAEC
That's some very quick feedback implementation occurring as a result of the Doha QRPC membership focus group a week or so ago - I recall the uselessness of the metal card was highlighted there
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I received my Platinum renewal pack within two weeks of qualifying and it contained a metal card.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by freddo
I just received my pack, requalified in September.
The card is now plastic again.
You might need to revisit the platinum box. it pulls open from two sides (kind of slides open). You will probably find it there ;-)
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
You might need to revisit the platinum box. it pulls open from two sides (kind of slides open). You will probably find it there ;-)
Out of curiosity I dismantled the whole box, no metal card. The letter still states both cards included

Anyway I see no use case for it, just more a curiosity!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So just to add a data point, I recently got my platinum kit, about one month after qualifying (which honestly is pretty impressive; must faster than when I got my gold or silver and also faster than other airlines, ie delta, sends their top tier welcome kits out). It did have the metal card included however the box was completely beat up (methinks this is due to transport/local NYC postal workers who aren’t known for their light touch).
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: QR Plat, BA Silver
Received my package yesterday. Exactly 4 weeks after requalified. Both cards are present. Metal one was hidden in the top layer (outer case) not inside the fold out.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by freddo
Out of curiosity I dismantled the whole box, no metal card. The letter still states both cards included

Anyway I see no use case for it, just more a curiosity!
Pretty sure it’s still there. There should be two red pull tabs on either side of the box. Pull both of them open.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: QR Plat, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Pretty sure it’s still there. There should be two red pull tabs on either side of the box. Pull both of them open.

Should look like this. Pull the red tab on the left side
purple1addict and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So this is weird. I qualified for plat a few months ago and got my welcome package a few weeks ago. Tonight, as I got home, I checked my mail and there’s not one, but two additional plat welcome packages for me. I’m guessing it’s an IT glitch on QR to send out multiple welcome packages, but I feel it’s pretty funny that previously one had to wait months for their credentials and now they’re sending me multiple packs. Has this happened to anyone else? And each package had a “heavy” plat card so as of now I’m totally rolling deep in multiple fancy heavy cards 🤣🤣🤣
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:43 am

You are lucky. I had to go to their office in Doha to pick mine up because they are incapable of delivering it in their head office city. It expired mid September and have yet to receive the new package.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
Another data point: I received my package, after having renewed Platinum at the end of June, this past week. Given issues with mail delivery as I live in Phnom Penh, I had sent instructions to the member services email to have the card sent to the QR office in Phnom Penh and it was delivered as requested and I got an email from the office. Not too bad.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I gave in, and requested that they allow me to pick up my pack at the airport during my last transit. I had waited 9 months.
How did you request an airport pick up?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: QR Plat, TK *Gold, SV Silver, HH Diamond
I was just told on chat that they are not issuing any physical cards at present, and that this “service is currently suspended”. Anyone received their (Platinum) welcome pack recently?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, HHilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Are they still issuing physical cards these days?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by jorayfly24
Are they still issuing physical cards these days?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.