Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JC880
Checked with QR as I have an upgraded flight in the next days (I used Qmiles). Advanced upgrades will still have Al Mourjan access.
Seems like QR have their own definition of enhancements..

just had access to Al Saf via upgraded J> to first (qmiles in advance), arrival on A380 from BKK,
even though i was about 10 minutes over the mysterious 8h limit
makrom likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
I got into Al Mourjan on November 8th

i travelled Johannesburg > Doha on November 8, connecting to Doha > JFK on November 9th.

I upgraded using Q-Credits at the business class lounge, was reissued a new boarding pass (which said “Customer in Business Clss Lounge”) and then proceeded to Al Mourjan for shower and a breakfast - and I had no problems getting in or using the full amenities.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AAmerican_in_London
i travelled Johannesburg > Doha on November 8, connecting to Doha > JFK on November 9th.

I upgraded using Q-Credits at the business class lounge, was reissued a new boarding pass (which said “Customer in Business Clss Lounge”) and then proceeded to Al Mourjan for shower and a breakfast - and I had no problems getting in or using the full amenities.
lol gotta love QR
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAmerican_in_London

Well that's encouraging - maybe they are seeing the folly in this new policy.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:35 am

Just received this slightly confusing reply from the PC Team, was asking for miles upgrade from business to first:

"Dear Mr.
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
With reference to your query regarding upgrade, we have forwarded to our concerned team and they will get back to you shortly.

With regards to lounge, we wish to inform you that with your upgraded ticket, you would be unable to access Al Safwa lounge, however, you may access the business class lounge at Doha airport.

Kindly note the above is not valid with upgrade on departure.

Do let us know if we can assist you further."

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
just had access to Al Saf via upgraded J> to first (qmiles in advance), arrival on A380 from BKK,
even though i was about 10 minutes over the mysterious 8h limit
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Some
Just received this slightly confusing reply from the PC Team, was asking for miles upgrade from business to first:

"Dear Mr.
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
With reference to your query regarding upgrade, we have forwarded to our concerned team and they will get back to you shortly.

With regards to lounge, we wish to inform you that with your upgraded ticket, you would be unable to access Al Safwa lounge, however, you may access the business class lounge at Doha airport.

Kindly note the above is not valid with upgrade on departure.

Do let us know if we can assist you further."
Not sure how to read this - it reads as if it is saying that you don't get lounge access if you upgrade ahead of time but you might if you try to upgrade at the airport!

If it's true that upgrades ahead of departure are also going to be excluded from lounge access QR have basically just instituted a major stealth devaluation of QCredits! They were already not that useful and now they're set to be even less so...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Not sure how to read this - it reads as if it is saying that you don't get lounge access if you upgrade ahead of time but you might if you try to upgrade at the airport!
I don't understand it either. The text writen there makes no sense.
We need FT upgraders to test this... pls. Preferably before dec when my next flight comes up
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:11 am
Suspended

I don't understand it either. The text writen there makes no sense.
We need FT upgraders to test this... pls. Preferably before dec when my next flight comes up
I got in to al Safwa with a pre-flight upgrade. Someone else got into al Mourjan with an airport upgrade.

In short, QR be like:
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:54 am

Before we start getting into a panic we need to look at what actually know.
We know that the only published changes are for Airport upgrades using Qmiles/Qcredits as stated in post 8 of this thread.
According to that post it appears that if you get an airport upgrade from J to F you seem to give up Al Mourjan access also and can obtain lounge access only according to your PC/OW status.
So post 50 is a complete and utter nonsense that suggests a lack og instruction.
About 7-8 months ago I seem to recall that it was suggested that upgrades would no longer be admitted ti Al Safwa. Maybe, just maybe, this idea is being implemented. But it still makes post 50 a mixture of two different topics.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Are here not some FTler who could test this for us? Nobody updating with miles here?
Like I said, I was granted access to AS with an upgraded ticket just recently (11/9)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:26 pm

Surely the apparently misinformed gate dragons at the foot of the escalator can be avoided by taking the lift up and registering with reception. Staff there are much more service minded and much better informed.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Perhaps a useful tip or those who are unsure about lounge access. If you go to your manage my booking page you will see on the lower right side the "purchase lounge access" link. Click on it and you will see the lounges that you have access to.

In my case it shows access to Al Mourjan on a award ticket on J.

On a upgrade ticket (J to F) DOH-BKK (return) it shows access only to Al Mourjan on departure (strange since Im departing on F, but with a connection time 10 hours). However on the return (BKK-DOH) I have access to Al Safwa even though my connection time is greater than 8 hours and Im departing on J.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:55 pm

flying in J bkk>DOH and it shows AS access?
Oh, please test that for us

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Perhaps a useful tip or those who are unsure about lounge access. If you go to your manage my booking page you will see on the lower right side the "purchase lounge access" link. Click on it and you will see the lounges that you have access to.

In my case it shows access to Al Mourjan on a award ticket on J.

On a upgrade ticket (J to F) DOH-BKK (return) it shows access only to Al Mourjan on departure (strange since Im departing on F, but with a connection time 10 hours). However on the return (BKK-DOH) I have access to Al Safwa even though my connection time is greater than 8 hours and Im departing on J.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Flying in 2 days bkk-doha in first (advanced upgrade with miles) with a connection time of 3h to EU in biz.

It shows i will have AS access.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:57 pm

Moderators could you please change the title of this thread from "No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCreditsT to "No more Al Mourjan access for Airport upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits".
The title is correct for the post but unfortunately gives the impression that it apples to all Qmiles/Qcredits upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.