Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Please post your experiences related to QR's longest route, between DOH-AKL-DOH.

​​​​​​​M
Print Wikipost

The AKL Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by swingaling
On QR921 tomorrow and just saw it was swapped to the Qsuite variant. Naturally, we lost our seats, so we’re back in row 8 and 9 (instead of 2J/K). Of course the flight is under airport control, as it’s T-26hr currently.

I’ll be in AKL in a couple hours on arrival from ZQN. Anyone know if I can sort this today at the airport? Or will the checkin staff all be gone for the day?

Seems like there are some blocked seat pairs, so I’m thinking I should be able to get a favorable swap. Of course QR customer service couldn’t assist.
We're in the same boat - I think! We're on the same flight and previously had 3A/B. Our booking on the QR website still shows us in those seats and even weirdly on the seat map they've got me in 3b even though it doesn't exist. Can I ask where you saw your revised seat allocation?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by saint_em
We're in the same boat - I think! We're on the same flight and previously had 3A/B. Our booking on the QR website still shows us in those seats and even weirdly on the seat map they've got me in 3b even though it doesn't exist. Can I ask where you saw your revised seat allocation?
Ditto. MMB says 2J/K. OLCI shows 8/9 B/D (or something similar).

I guess I’ll just plan on showing up 3hr prior to departure tomorrow to sort this out. I suspect a lot of us are in the same boat.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:21 pm

I’m on the same flight and identical situation of having had my seats moved about. I called Qatar this morning and all the seats in the cabin are already allocated - they weren’t able to move us back into the middle (we originally had 4EF but moved further back in the cabin to window seats)

To see the new allocated seats, had to go through the check in process.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:16 pm

Thanks both. We don't mind not being next to each other especially (we've been together 24/7 for the last 3 weeks!) but would rather have two single seats than one of us be sat with a stranger.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Have they fitted out 777ERs with Qsuites now? I thought it was only the new A350s.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
There are a number of B777-200LRs (on the AKL route) which have been retrofitted with the QSuite.

Newly built B777-300ERs get QSuite as standard, and some older frames have been retrofitted.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:16 pm

Following up, checkin staff were able to switch people around and gave us two seats together. Solo travelers had been assigned to some doubles, so they were able to move them elsewhere. Took a few minutes, but ground staff were very accommodating.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:00 pm

Following up, checkin staff were able to switch people around and gave us two seats together. Solo travelers had been assigned to some doubles, so they were able to move them elsewhere. Took a few minutes, but ground staff were very accommodating.
Ah, well done - no such luck for us unfortunately, and now we're on board I realise we should have perhaps asked again as I can see a few middle pairs with the divider up. Enjoy the flight!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:01 pm

Ah, well done - no such luck for us unfortunately, and now we're on board I realise we should have perhaps asked again as I can see a few middle pairs with the divider up. Enjoy the flight!
Yeah, I saw several couples who were separated in window seats. Such as the folks across the aisle from me in 1A/2B. Then another couple farther back on the other side (who broke their door mid flight). It seemed like almost the whole J cabin was heading to MAN.

Though there were also at least 5 of us heading to onward to OSL.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:57 am

Yeah, I saw several couples who were separated in window seats. Such as the folks across the aisle from me in 1A/2B. Then another couple farther back on the other side (who broke their door mid flight). It seemed like almost the whole J cabin was heading to MAN.

Though there were also at least 5 of us heading to onward to OSL.
Yep, a lot going to MAN. My husband's door broke, and the flight attendant managed to drop it on his foot in the process of trying to fix it (no serious damage done to anyone but he got a bit of a shock), though I was totally oblivious until he told me when we got off the plane. He was in 5k and I was back in 10k so we didn't see much of each other but I'm sorry if we disturbed anyone during the flight. The problem with that configuration is that there is nowhere to go and be out of the way, even if you're just waiting for the bathroom.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Yep, a lot going to MAN. My husband's door broke, and the flight attendant managed to drop it on his foot in the process of trying to fix it (no serious damage done to anyone but he got a bit of a shock), though I was totally oblivious until he told me when we got off the plane. He was in 5k and I was back in 10k so we didn't see much of each other but I'm sorry if we disturbed anyone during the flight. The problem with that configuration is that there is nowhere to go and be out of the way, even if you're just waiting for the bathroom.
Oh! I thought it was another fellow who was on my onward flight to OSL. I'd been wondering why I heard a man shout after the door fell. I'd assumed it was just out of surprise. I didn't realize they dropped the door on his foot! Glad to hear he's ok. I was already awake, so it didn't disturb me one bit. And my wife slept through the whole thing, so obviously it wasn't a big deal.

I did find it interesting that it took two FAs to get the door put back in place.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
On the 921 yesterday for what I think was the last possible day of the MAN fare, and connecting on to 27 now which is the last flight of the day(!)

Very busy cabin but the service was a bit lacklustre in terms of food service and it felt as if the crew were very keen to get people to sleep. Four times the crew came to make the bed without asking...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:51 am

QR920 on Dec 21st, and the return QR921 on Dec 22 are showing Q-Suites in the seat map.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Reason077
QR920 on Dec 21st, and the return QR921 on Dec 22 are showing Q-Suites in the seat map.
... and now it's changed back to the standard layout again!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:42 am

Anyone know what caused the cancellation of QR921 (AKL-DOH) on 4th Feb. Looks like A7-BBF is flying back to doha now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.