Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Please post your experiences related to QR's longest route, between DOH-AKL-DOH.

​​​​​​​M
Print Wikipost

The AKL Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:10 am

The timings haven’t changed, the ARN flights with the quick stop in DOH are only scheduled on 3 or 4 days a week.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Firipu
How were the loads up front?
Both DOH-AKL and AKL-DOH were full in J.

ARN-DOH had a couple of free seats (row 6), but probably only a 60% load for DOH-ARN.

Not surprised the AKL route is successful with the special pricing, but to run out of Champagne before we'd even taken off was unforgivable!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
No champers on way back seems unforgivable to me...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Cabbage
... to run out of Champagne before we'd even taken off was unforgivable!
Originally Posted by Smid
No champers on way back seems unforgivable to me...
I agree. Joking aside, IMO it's an expected part of the J offering. While I am generally against the every-service-deficiency-no-matter-how-trivial-should-result-in-compensation approach which is too often prevalent on FT, I think that I would probably contact QRPC about this had I been on that flight.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I agree. Joking aside, IMO it's an expected part of the J offering. While I am generally against the every-service-deficiency-no-matter-how-trivial-should-result-in-compensation approach which is too often prevalent on FT, I think that I would probably contact QRPC about this had I been on that flight.
I was tempted, but I only normally complain to a company if I think it will make a difference for other customers, or I'm beyond angry. In this case QA have such a poor reputation for customer service, I really can't be bothered.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I experienced 2 consecutive flights (not AKL) where they ran out of champagne not long after takeoff. First one also because the outgoing passengers drunk most of it - seems really unfair they allow this and don't just allocate it 50%-50%. I complained but just the usual 'we are sorry and will pass this feedback to our F&B department'.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Friends of mine flew DOH-AKL yesterday. Business was half full and economy quite full.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:58 am

Has anyone ever seen award space for this flight being available to One World partner airlines?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Grace B
I flew this route a couple of months ago, and from memory, the flight passed way south of Uluru, almost over Adelaide and Melbourne.
Thanks, Grace B. Our flight yesterday made landfall around Perth, then tracked across the south coast ... Adelaide and Melbourne. But I was fast asleep, anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
There have actually been a number of changes to Auckland Airport departures. The express lane isn't really very express (only gets you past the smart gate which sometimes is faster). They've also changed to the automated bin dispenser and some newer looking security machines which I find considerably slower so the lines are longer since introducing this system. Duty free has changed around but it's still shops and food at the end of the day.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/ea.../strata-lounge

I've added a link to the Strata Club lounge. It replaces the old Emperor lounge and can be found opposite the Qantas lounge up the escalators. They have showers if you go to the bathrooms to the left (will have the shower symbol above) and I was told they were to introduce a spa and some sleep pods but yet to see this. There is a separate meeting room you can book and a kids tv room. You can either pay online, at the door (subject to availability) or use your priority pass card. No views, tarmac or otherwise.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
Has anyone ever seen award space for this flight being available to One World partner airlines?
Yes, I have seen it pop up on BA exec club searches in the past. But only in economy when searching for longer trips.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I have just booked an award ticket with AA miles for September 2018 in J, 1 traveler. Only one day of availability in the whole month of September but it worked for me.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Just returned from holidays. It was our (me and ms.) first QR experience, we enjoyed the trip, it worked out quite well. But it appears that they are having some issues with catering, is this normal and usual practice?. On the outbound, they were out of they were out of our first meal preference and had only 1 of the second option for the two of us. On the return, they ran out of champagne (both of them) with the pre-departure beverage service. Kiwis have a good selection of good proseccos, how difficult is it to load a box or four? Also, the quality of the food could be improved, there weren't any good surprises. l liked the hard product that QR has on the 772, I like to have the option to both look out of the window and talk with Ms. This is a feature that most of the ''new generation'' layouts are missing (but we do have weird seating preferences as we both loved the row 6 on the Dreamliner, that everyone else are trying to stay away from). Overall I would not hesitate to book this flight again for the price that they offer it for from Scandinavia. Just need to remember to bring a bottle of champagne from duty-free, just in case.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
On the return, they ran out of champagne (both of them) with the pre-departure beverage service.
Lanson, I presume? No great loss there. But I agree, -- PDBs should not exhaust the champagne supply or even come close.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Just returned from holidays. It was our (me and ms.) first QR experience, we enjoyed the trip, it worked out quite well. But it appears that they are having some issues with catering, is this normal and usual practice?. On the outbound, they were out of they were out of our first meal preference and had only 1 of the second option for the two of us. On the return, they ran out of champagne (both of them) with the pre-departure beverage service. Kiwis have a good selection of good proseccos, how difficult is it to load a box or four? Also, the quality of the food could be improved, there weren't any good surprises. l liked the hard product that QR has on the 772, I like to have the option to both look out of the window and talk with Ms. This is a feature that most of the ''new generation'' layouts are missing (but we do have weird seating preferences as we both loved the row 6 on the Dreamliner, that everyone else are trying to stay away from). Overall I would not hesitate to book this flight again for the price that they offer it for from Scandinavia. Just need to remember to bring a bottle of champagne from duty-free, just in case.
I'm flying out to AKL from OSN (from EDI due to price) in April and returning in May, lets hope the food and beverage issues are sorted by then. Like you say, how hard can it be to stock up knowing the numbers in J/I/R?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.