Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fbruno
Wiki Updated 2017-09-13 to include #610

QR fare rules for this one can be found here.

I have created a travel trips thread in the Japan forum. A good place to discuss hotels, trips, restaurants and maybe even arrange meet ups: The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)

Sorted by departure month:

November

Outbound
CPH-HND : 03/11/17 : denkigroove
LHR-HND : 03/11/17 : Cymro +1
BRU-NRT : 08/11/17 : mad_rich
AMS-NRT : 08.11.17 : jordie
AMS-HND : 13.11.17 UAPremierGuy
BRU-NRT : 15/11/17 : xtommox
AMS-HND : 15/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
AMS-NRT : 17/11/17 : polochick
BRU-NRT : 17/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-NRT 18/11)
LHR-HND : 18/11/17 : justatourist
AMS-HND : 19/11/17 : Tennislover9
AMS-HND : 20.11.17 : travellingjake +2
LHR-NRT : 23/11/17 : Pilot37
LHR-HND : 23/11/17 : Carofos
AMS-NRT : 24/11/17 : island82

Inbound
HND-AMS : 05/11/17 : toastedcafe
HND-AMS : 11/11/17 : Cymro +1
NRT-AMS : 12.11.17 : jordie
HND-AMS : 19.11.17 : UAPremierGuy
HND-AMS : 21/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
NRT-BRU : 22/11/17 : mad_rich
NRT-BRU : 23/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-BRU 25/11)
HND-AMS : 25/11/17 : denkigroove
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : Tennislover9
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : polochick
NRT-BRU : 26/11/17 : fbruno
HND-LHR : 27/11/17 : Pilot37
NRT-AMS : 28/11/17 : island82
NRT-BRU : 28/11/17 : xtommox
HND-LHR : 29/11/17 : Carofos
NRT-MAN : 30.11.17 : travellingjake +2

December

Outbound
BRU-HND : 04/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
AMS-NRT : 10/12/17 : NikaK +1

Inbound
NRT-AMS : 04/12/17 : justatourist
HND-AMS : 12/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
NRT-AMS : 14/12/17 : NikaK +1
Print Wikipost

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I'm currently really annoyed about not having booked more Sake fares. Due changes in my schedule I suddenly have a free week in December. Would've loved to cram in a short trip to JPN. Couldn't they have told me in January?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:22 pm

Check in time for luggage at Haneda Airport

Is it 3 hours before the flight that the check in counters open?

If I have only hand luggage, does anyone know if it possible to go airside if the check in counters are not open (assuming that I can get my boarding pass online)?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by dolceguess4
Yes. I arrived exactly 3 hours before the flight and there were already long queues.

If I have only hand luggage, does anyone know if it possible to go airside if the check in counters are not open (assuming that I can get my boarding pass online)?
Assuming you can get your boarding pass online, I'll think you'll be fine.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP

Yes I was there a few weeks ago well before the QR lines were open but since I had no checked baggage and a digital boarding pass, I was able to go airside with no issues. All I had was a PDF of the boarding pass on my phone from the QR site and it was accepted for security and lounges, though I did end up printing a hard copy from the computers in the CX lounge later.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
What is the sake fare consensus on pocket wifi - can anyone who's been already share their experience with renting a device and/or a data SIM?

From what I've read already online, pocket wifi is the way to go in order to access full speed mobile data, whereas the data SIM that works with European phones is limited to 1 or 2 networks and or limited coverage and speed?

I arrive into Haneda - seems to be a couple of places there renting....coin toss?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
What is the sake fare consensus on pocket wifi - can anyone who's been already share their experience with renting a device and/or a data SIM?

From what I've read already online, pocket wifi is the way to go in order to access full speed mobile data, whereas the data SIM that works with European phones is limited to 1 or 2 networks and or limited coverage and speed?

I arrive into Haneda - seems to be a couple of places there renting....coin toss?
Each has its own benefits. I prefer the data SIM so I don't have to worry about carrying and charging a separate device. I have a US iPhone so I don't know about any European phone issues but the Docomo network was great.

I bought this SIM card, available at Yodobashi and BIC Camera.
https://t.iijmio.jp/en/
Data refill cards are also available there and many convenience stores should you need it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
There are plenty of options available:

https://www.easygojapan.com/rental/e...repaidsim.html

I have a dual SIM phone so I usually pick up a 7 day U mobile SIM from the 7 eleven on the departures level of Haneda and switch off data on my home SIM card.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
I rented a hotspot from cdjapan.co.jp last time I was in japan a few weeks ago (not on sake fare unfortunately), and can highly recommend it. Unlimited data, pretty fast internet in most places, and they provide you with a return envelope for hotspot at end of trip. Approx 50 GBP for 10 days. Can highly recommend it!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Came back 2 weeks ago from my Sake trip, but to date, not a single flight has been credited to my BAEC account. Am I too impatient?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stijnec
Came back 2 weeks ago from my Sake trip, but to date, not a single flight has been credited to my BAEC account. Am I too impatient?
I think QR flights credit once a week to BAEC so if you have waited 2 weeks with no credit I would raise a claim via your BAEC homepage for the flights.
stijnec likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by stijnec
Hi stijnec!

We're in the same boat, our tier points and avios haven't credited yet. I've contacted BAMissingAvios over a week ago, sent my e-ticket but still nothing was credited. I just emailed them photos of our boarding passes in hope it may speed up the process
stijnec likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:05 pm

My outbound (a Saturday) posted night to the following Wednesday. My inbound (Sunday) did not post. Waited 10 days (to post following Wednesday) with no result, used the BA partner claim, got approved within 36 hours and miles posted within 12 hours after that. Really should be no need to contact the BA rep on here.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
My outbound (a Saturday) posted night to the following Wednesday. My inbound (Sunday) did not post. Waited 10 days (to post following Wednesday) with no result, used the BA partner claim, got approved within 36 hours and miles posted within 12 hours after that. Really should be no need to contact the BA rep on here.
Pretty much exactly my experience. Outbound posted on the following Wednesday. Inbound did not post after 10 days. Put in a partner claim with BA, approved after 36 hours, and tier points posted 12 hours later.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:55 am

My outbound flights posted in just a few days, but my return still haven't posted. After 10 days I registered a retro claim, they told me there were no records of me flying and I was told to send my boarding passes. I did this about two weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet.

I flew LHR-DOH-HND-OKA with the same return, therefore Japan Airlines were the ones who did the check-in for the return. Don't know if the problem is connected to this.

EDIT: And just as I wrote this post my flights were posted, so then it's all good for me. My return flight was on the 18th.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
HEL-HND for 1210 euro... promocode "qr20years". Not Sake fare, but not bad at all.. Offer ends tonight.. Should I pull the trigger ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.