Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
Also, just to double check, this would be an Avios redemption ticket in F to MCT so assume that grants me access?

tada.
Yes. I recently accessed the lounge on an award ticket to MCT booked with American Miles,
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the private sleep rooms temperature a little cooler?

The last time I was there I couldn't get the room to cool at all.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:23 am

Also what time do they stop serving dinner and swap to breakfast?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Hi, can I be ticketed on BKK-DOH-TUN, and DOH-MCT on the same day without having any problems? I intend to take the TUN flight but I have a 7 hour layover in DOH, and flying F BKK-DOH on qcredits, and thinking of booking DOH-MCT the same day so I don't have to endure AM night rush hour. Gotta a bunch of IB miles to use before the end of the year, and its cheaper than the transit hotel. Letting me leave QR with a nice tone, first lounge i ever visited in DOH and will be the last too.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by synd
Hi, can I be ticketed on BKK-DOH-TUN, and DOH-MCT on the same day without having any problems? I intend to take the TUN flight but I have a 7 hour layover in DOH, and flying F BKK-DOH on qcredits, and thinking of booking DOH-MCT the same day so I don't have to endure AM night rush hour. Gotta a bunch of IB miles to use before the end of the year, and its cheaper than the transit hotel. Letting me leave QR with a nice tone, first lounge i ever visited in DOH and will be the last too.
I am ticketed on CWL -DOH-MCT and then MCT-DOH-BKK and have never had an issue
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by synd
I believe that this would work from what I've heard, but haven't needed to try it myself. Remember that if you're intending to do it to use the Al Safwa sleeping rooms you'll need to be careful what time you book your flight to MCT so you don't fall foul of the time limits.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the private sleep rooms temperature a little cooler?

The last time I was there I couldn't get the room to cool at all.
Beyond putting the fan on high and turning the temperature control right down when you get in the room, I'm not sure there are any! Also turning off the TV etc. also probably helps a little. I think the air conditioning seems to be more effective in some of the rooms than others.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Beyond putting the fan on high and turning the temperature control right down when you get in the room, I'm not sure there are any! Also turning off the TV etc. also probably helps a little. I think the air conditioning seems to be more effective in some of the rooms than others.
Thanks I appreciate your advice
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I did this the night before last. The room was warmish to start, but got better as the time passed. However, after I woke up, I had a warm shower which might have raised the temp again for the next person...sorry next person! :/
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi does anyone know where I can get a email address for the Lounge Manager for Al Safwa lounge?

Cheers

Captainc
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

If I arrive on long haul QR F from say MEL or SYD but my departing flight is on a non-affiliated airline say EK F to DXB, would I have access to Al Safwa ?

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

If I arrive on long haul QR F from say MEL or SYD but my departing flight is on a non-affiliated airline say EK F to DXB, would I have access to Al Safwa ?

Cheers
No
By the way, since the blockade there are not anymore flight between DOH and UAE.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Matt4

No
By the way, since the blockade there are not anymore flight between DOH and UAE.
I thought the blockade meant that QR couldn't fly to UAE/egypt/saudi/etc ?

Or did Qatar then turn around and block all airlines from flying DOH and UAE ?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
I thought the blockade meant that QR couldn't fly to UAE/egypt/saudi/etc ?

Or did Qatar then turn around and block all airlines from flying DOH and UAE ?
I am pretty sure it was the UAE who imposed the blockade on that route, thus affecting EK and QR equally. The hypocracy would probably have been too obvious otherwise.
Not sure though if Qatar would have just sit idly by, allowing the UAE to monopolize such lucrative routes.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:54 pm
Suspended

If all spa facilities come with a charge in Al Safwa, where can I shower for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.