Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:30 pm

Flying into DOH in First (A380) on an Award booking then transiting to a connection in J.

Will we be allowed to access the Al Safwa Lounge ?

Last edited by petez; Jan 11, 2023 at 1:34 pm Reason: .
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:51 pm

Anybody know whats the current champagne offerings in the Al Safwa lounge please?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:17 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Anybody know whats the current champagne offerings in the Al Safwa lounge please?
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve Champagne, France

Taittinger Prestige Rosé Brut Champagne N.V., France
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kkl

Huh, no more La Grande Dame or anything in the same caliber? Big cut if so
vulle likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Oh - i was thinking of buying access....but perhaps not..
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:40 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by SEA737
Huh, no more La Grande Dame or anything in the same caliber? Big cut if so
this was on the QR code menu on 13/1
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
If I fly DXB-DOH in F (a short 1 hour flight), I believe I'm eligible for Al Safwa lounge during the layover for my next flight in Q Suites, although per the wiki, it references that the flight in F needs to be 5 hours. Can someone advise if I'll have access to the Al Safwa lounge after my DXB-DOH flight in F?

Similarly, if I'm coming off a flight in Q Suites, and then have a flight from DOH-DXB, will I have access to the Al Safwa lounge during my layover before my flight in F although the flight in F is so short?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MarkP24
If I fly DXB-DOH in F (a short 1 hour flight), I believe I'm eligible for Al Safwa lounge during the layover for my next flight in Q Suites, although per the wiki, it references that the flight in F needs to be 5 hours. Can someone advise if I'll have access to the Al Safwa lounge after my DXB-DOH flight in F?

Similarly, if I'm coming off a flight in Q Suites, and then have a flight from DOH-DXB, will I have access to the Al Safwa lounge during my layover before my flight in F although the flight in F is so short?
Per wiki:
DXB-DOH-XXX no
XXX-DOH-DXB yes
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Per wiki:
DXB-DOH-XXX no
XXX-DOH-DXB yes
Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:14 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Per wiki:
DXB-DOH-XXX no
XXX-DOH-DXB yes
The Wiki hasn't been updated for some time. I'm not sure when the latest report is, but during COVID QR started allowing access DXB-DOH-XXX where DOH-XXX is in J and DXB-DOH is in F. It's not clear if this is a temporary or permanent change.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The Wiki hasn't been updated for some time. I'm not sure when the latest report is, but during COVID QR started allowing access DXB-DOH-XXX where DOH-XXX is in J and DXB-DOH is in F. It's not clear if this is a temporary or permanent change.
I thought I had read or seen that. Any recent DP's on whether that's still the case?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by kkl

Ick! What the heck are they serving in Al Mourjan these days... glad I'm out of it!
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mr_botak
Ick! What the heck are they serving in Al Mourjan these days... glad I'm out of it!
Basically the same in AM and AS.
mr_botak likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:34 am

I'll be visiting AM and AS in just under a week, so I'll endeavour to report back on full wine & spirit lists in each if that's helpful
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:44 am

AM
​​​​​​Charles Heidsieck Champagne- Rosé
Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée Brut NV
mr_botak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.