Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
*Bump* Any ideas? I purchased lounge access for my partner and I would hate for her to not be allowed into the Al Safwa lounge because she's on an economy ticket.

I note that the First Class Lounge option was given inside her booking when you click 'puchase lounge access' under the manage my booking section.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing
Apparently Economy class passengers can now purchase access to the First Class Lounge - has anyone been able to access?
*Bump* Any ideas? I purchased lounge access for my partner and I would hate for her to not be allowed into the Al Safwa lounge because she's on an economy ticket.

I note that the First Class Lounge option was given inside her booking when you click 'puchase lounge access' under the manage my booking section.
Not sure what you're saying/asking. If you've purchased access to the First Class Lounge then that's what you'll get. The First Class Lounge is not the Al Safwa as shown here:

https://dohahamadairport.com/relax/lounge
Old Mar 23, 2020, 2:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ft101
Not sure what you're saying/asking. If you've purchased access to the First Class Lounge then that's what you'll get. The First Class Lounge is not the Al Safwa as shown here:

https://dohahamadairport.com/relax/lounge
Ah, I've never flown anything other than Qatar Biz through Doha - so I had absolutely no idea there was another First Class lounge - that helps thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ah, I've never flown anything other than Qatar Biz through Doha - so I had absolutely no idea there was another First Class lounge - that helps thanks.
You could be in for a shock, as the First Class lounge you have probably purchased access for is not well regarded and is not comparable to either AS or even AM.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Tried searching the thread to no avail.

If I am arriving from a Longhaul F (A380 FRA-DOH) on a QR flight and then connecting to a Economy UL(Sri Lankan) Flight from DOH-CMB, can I access the Al Safwa First Class Lounge?
Do these flights need to be on the same PNR?

Thanks!

Last edited by hoto; Apr 1, 2020 at 6:11 pm Reason: Sri Lanka Carrier Clarification
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hoto
Tried searching the thread to no avail.

If I am arriving from a Longhaul F (A380 FRA-DOH) on a QR flight and then connecting to a Economy UL(Sri Lankan) Flight from DOH-CMB, can I access the Al Safwa First Class Lounge?
Do these flights need to be on the same PNR?

Thanks!
It clearly states in the wiki of this thread that access will be granted when, "...holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380."
hoto and Travel-Quinten like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
It clearly states in the wiki of this thread that access will be granted when, "...holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380."
Thanks for the confirmation. Since I'm not on QR frequently I was worried that there are some exceptions but sounds like there are not.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by gbeb
Exactly what Johnnieboy said - you might get some flexibility ±1hr or so, but as soon as they see you've got a 17hr layover, they will make sure you leave after 6, maybe 7 hours.
Sorry bit late to the party here. I managed to squeeze eight hours once by requesting a room an hour ahead of time, starting dinner propping up the bar for an hour, had six hours in the room, then had another hour (breakfast propping up the bar) before leaving.

The staff have a very uncanny knack of knowing exactly where you are. Five minutes before my six hours room access were up, I had a knock at the door, but I was literally seconds away from vacating anyway.

You can pay again to extend, I asked them this on entering on the above occasion, and they confirmed, however I never found I needed to then.

If you have 17 hours, personally I'd book the airside hotel for a base, or if you'd prefer, a cheaper option outside. I had a 26 hour layover a couple of years ago, on a through F ticket, and although I could've spent the entire time in Al Safwa I prefer the rooms in the airside hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:40 pm

What is the earliest time you can check in with QR First? And how much time can you spend in the Al Mourjan lounge? I've got an award ticket booked in first from DOH-FRA later this year at 0700 departure but want to make the most of the lounge, would you be accepted for a room (if available)? Sorry so many questions!
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by celsdon
What is the earliest time you can check in with QR First? And how much time can you spend in the Al Mourjan lounge? I've got an award ticket booked in first from DOH-FRA later this year at 0700 departure but want to make the most of the lounge, would you be accepted for a room (if available)? Sorry so many questions!
If you're travelling in F use Al Safwa
Old May 14, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Is Safwa lounge open? Under current corona situation?
Old May 14, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum
No Al Safwa is closed.
Old May 16, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
Any news on when Al Safwa will open again? Is Al Mourjan also closed now?
Old May 16, 2020, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Any news on when Al Safwa will open again? Is Al Mourjan also closed now?
According to; https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DOH

The only open QR lounge in DOH is the Al Mourjan Lounge.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Any news on when Al Safwa will open again?
With the announcement of the temporary(?) grounding of the A380s and therefore the suspension of the majority of First Class services (with the exception of a handful of regional destinations not part of the blockade), its doubtful whether the Al Safwa lounge will be opening any time soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.