Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Room time max time is 6 hours or total time in lounge when paid? We have 13 hours on Tuesday.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Quick question,

As a plat flying J, I’m allowed to guest 2 other J pax. But do those J pax need to be on the same pnr as me or even the same itinerary as me? Like I’m flying jfk-doh-kul but say if I wanted to guest another J pax who’s flying say jfk-doh-sin, would that be cool? Thanks guys!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by fender5787
Quick question,

As a plat flying J, I’m allowed to guest 2 other J pax. But do those J pax need to be on the same pnr as me or even the same itinerary as me? Like I’m flying jfk-doh-kul but say if I wanted to guest another J pax who’s flying say jfk-doh-sin, would that be cool? Thanks guys!
I don’t think you can guest two business class passengers who are travelling on Qatar metal into Al Safwa even if you are Platinum travelling on Qatar metal in business class. I think that you might only be able to get them into the Platinum Lounge so they would be better off going to Al Marjan lounge instead.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I don’t think you can guest two business class passengers who are travelling on Qatar metal into Al Safwa even if you are Platinum travelling on Qatar metal in business class. I think that you might only be able to get them into the Platinum Lounge so they would be better off going to Al Marjan lounge instead.
Their press release dated 16 OCT 2019 states that "Qatar Airways’ award-winning frequent flyer programme (FFP) Privilege Club, is delighted to announce that its Platinum members can now access HIA’s exclusive Al Safwa First Class Lounge when flying Business Class with up to two guest passes."

Nothing about whether they should be on the same flight or not.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Did anybody try to enter with a young kid (less than 2 years old for instance with their own ticket) is the price the same for them?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
We arrived today on QR963 having 12 or 13 hours before our IST flight, went to Al Safwa, 600 Qatar Rials to get in but time limited only 6 hours. So at the end we didn’t go in and went to Al Mourjan where they serve for this week La Grande 2006 because of late arrival Pommery. Now I don’t even cry over an hour or so spent in Victoria secret with my girlfriend
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So just for posterity sakes, I was allowed to guest my buddy into as, no questions asked. He was flying in J, was on the same jfk-doh flight as me, and is a one world sapphire via AA (I think he’s a plat plus). Doubt those factors make a difference, but still. Further, since qr704 was hella delayed outa jfk, I only got 20ish minutes in the lounge while he had a multi-hour layover, yet they allowed him to stay multiple hours after I left. Regardless, at least based on today, it doesn’t matter if ones guest is on the same pnr or flying to the same destination. Hope these data points help discerning the guest policy!

Last edited by fender5787; Jan 14, 2020 at 3:12 am
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
As per new policy: Platinum + 2 guests (1 paid J class and another operational upgrade) got admitted to the lounge yesterday. Maybe 3 other guests in the lounge.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Which Champagne

Do they serve right now at AL safwa? Still the grand Dame?
I have a 5h layover from cpt arriving 0.25 on the 8th of Feb. Thinking of buying access.
Or maybe someone can guest me in as poor emerald? 😎
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Estratos
As per new policy: Platinum + 2 guests (1 paid J class and another operational upgrade) got admitted to the lounge yesterday. Maybe 3 other guests in the lounge.
thats how i understand the rules too.

anyway, did u need to use a guest pass? is this one of the passes we get every year and most of the time are useless anyway, at least to me ...
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fgw_
thats how i understand the rules too.

anyway, did u need to use a guest pass? is this one of the passes we get every year and most of the time are useless anyway, at least to me ...
You don’t need to use a guest pass up to 2 guests. I don’t know if you can guest more than 2 people using guest pass.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
With a 7 hour layover next month, I’ll definitely pay for the upgrade to Al-Safwa. The champagne and food will make it worth it!

——————
Instagram: @thedarkknightdds @travelhardest
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Travelling in family, 2 adults, 2 teen. worth it ? total would be 600€. On the expensive side !!!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by David buick
Travelling in family, 2 adults, 2 teen. worth it ? total would be 600€. On the expensive side !!!
So why not spend the €600 on something more worthwhile ..... especially as you have access to Al Mourjan at no charge ..... ? !
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by David buick
Depends on the time and length of transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.